Author Topic: Man Regrets Attacking Skaters  (Read 15071 times)

guest1

Re: Man Regrets Attacking Skaters
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »
This video is the perfect example of why you should never do anything stupid in public, because you know at least one person is going to have you on camera doing it.

Think before you act.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 08:54:28 PM »
this article says the whole thing started when they were told by security to stop skating a handrail in the mall and then those bros came to help out with getting the skaters to leave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6949631/Los-Angeles-skater-slams-man-head-skate-board.html

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1333
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 09:03:47 PM »
this article says the whole thing started when they were told by security to stop skating a handrail in the mall and then those bros came to help out with getting the skaters to leave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6949631/Los-Angeles-skater-slams-man-head-skate-board.html

That article is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about in my earlier posts in regards to public sentiment. Look at the language of the bullet points at the beginning:

Footage shows the moment a teen slams his skateboard over a man's head (they lead with this and ignore the escalation.)

The clip shows the man with a bloodied face and struggling to get up (again the result of the attack regardless of the fact that he hit three people before he wound up that way.)

The brawl began after a group of teens were told to stop skating outside a mall (establishing the fault of the skaters and neglecting the fact that a concerned citizen type overreacted and escalated the situation.)

One of the boys goaded a man who served him with a punch to the face (the skaters were at fault for goading the man into hitting them.)

Eat shit, Daily Mail. Fuck you all the way back to the UK.

EDIT: Also from the article "The teens quickly scattered and people at the seen chased after them, including a man carrying a chair and the security guard."

It must have been really heavy for that man to carry the chair and the security guard at the same time. Jesus fucking Christ, hire a better editor. You're a news source people actually pay money for you cornballs.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:12:28 PM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2019, 09:10:04 PM »

That is some shitty journalism if you could call it that.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »

I would be surprised if they were trying to skate the rail inside Grand Central Market, although there is an OJ video of someone skating it. It is inside a mostly busy indoor food court and the guard booth is literally right next to it. In defense of the guards standing around doing nothing, once anyone is outside of the property, they're on a public sidewalk and can't leave their posts (not even to chase down the guy stealing the chair).

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2019, 09:19:17 PM »
The article doesn’t mention the inactivity of the security guards. It definitely does not just show matter-of-fact what happened. Shitty situation but there is barely any light shown on the aggression of the guy who was swinging at the kids. Also I just skimmed the article so whatever.

Jakeumms nailed it.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That article is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about in my earlier posts in regards to public sentiment. Look at the language of the bullet points at the beginning:

Footage shows the moment a teen slams his skateboard over a man's head (they lead with this and ignore the escalation.)

The clip shows the man with a bloodied face and struggling to get up (again the result of the attack regardless of the fact that he hit three people before he wound up that way.)

The brawl began after a group of teens were told to stop skating outside a mall (establishing the fault of the skaters and neglecting the fact that a concerned citizen type overreacted and escalated the situation.)

One of the boys goaded a man who served him with a punch to the face (the skaters were at fault for goading the man into hitting them.)

EDIT: Also from the article "The teens quickly scattered and people at the seen chased after them, including a man carrying a chair and the security guard."

It must have been really heavy for that man to carry the chair and the security guard at the same time. Jesus fucking Christ, hire a better editor. You're a news source people actually pay money for you cornballs.

definitely a poorly written and biased article. it’s strange though how their tv show is slightly more classy than tmz and page six. still trashy tabloid stuff but a little better than their online “journalism,” which is some cretin putting up unedited clickbait with bulleted lists and screen caps that have dumb captions.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2019, 10:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

definitely a poorly written and biased article. it’s strange though how their tv show is slightly more classy than tmz and page six. still trashy tabloid stuff but a little better than their online “journalism,” which is some cretin putting up unedited clickbait with bulleted lists and screen caps that have dumb captions.

The Daily Mail is fucking trash.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1495
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2019, 10:56:58 PM »
So the article mentions that they were skating a rail in front of the mall, so probably not the mall's property, hence no action from security. Call the cops and leave the situation alone if you are to threatened by skateboarders on the sidewalk.

Now imagine some adult stranger then punches your kid square in the face - would you not smack him with a skateboard yourself? I would gladly donate to a gofundme for their legal expenses and all of them should sue the fucker that assaulted them. Give him some jail time as well.

Glad to see commenters everywhere siding with the kids, even in the article.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2019, 12:40:38 AM »
So the article mentions that they were skating a rail in front of the mall, so probably not the mall's property, hence no action from security. Call the cops and leave the situation alone if you are to threatened by skateboarders on the sidewalk.

Now imagine some adult stranger then punches your kid square in the face - would you not smack him with a skateboard yourself? I would gladly donate to a gofundme for their legal expenses and all of them should sue the fucker that assaulted them. Give him some jail time as well.

Glad to see commenters everywhere siding with the kids, even in the article.

It is an indoor food court and the only handrail nearby is inside. See the OJ Wheels Cruisin' Downtown LA w/ Ryan Townley video. It would be sketchy trying it on a semi-busy night, although it's besides the point as the kids have clearly exited and are on the sidewalk.

I have a feeling that the tracksuit guy will play victim and turn this into a witch hunt (despite weak public support). If any of the kids involved are reading this, do not consent to a search of your property by police and do not answer any questions during an interrogation (ask for an attorney immediately).

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »

I just love how in the article they keep putting emphasis on the kid hitting the dude over the head. Fucking sensationalist.

Why not emphasize the fact that the dude wouldn't have gotten fucked up if he wasn't trying to be macho and fight some kids.

The headline should read "Macho cunt gets what he deserves after punching kid in the face."
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »
I hoped this was a thread detailing Lucid Fur's short ass Slap career

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2019, 12:00:13 PM »
I hoped this was a thread detailing Lucid Fur's short ass Slap career

That'll come in due time.
The streets await

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »
these truck swingin niggas aint my skaters

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s kind of touching to see slap’s collective bloodlust satiated.
[close]

This video is satisfying af. Maybe I'm a scumbag for thinking that, but it just hits so many feels for me on a personal level. The amount of times I've wanted to do that to a guy but had the better sense not to are numerous! I got to vicariously live out my sick fantasies through that four foot tall kid. i'm gonna go ahead and say this is the greatest video I've ever seen. That guy at the end waddling after the kid like Gargamel after a Smurf is priceless. I mean, come on!
[close]

Rick. On the sole basis of your posts, I honestly am inclined to believe that you are a great person in real life and I admire your persistence against the group mentality on those message boards, a lot. But this - just, no. Such desperation to win your e-peers' validation is dissonant with the apparent stoicism regarding 'reputation' downvotes that I've seen you regularly claim yourself just isn't worthy of you. You are strong enough of a mind to deserve the self confidence it takes one not to think they have to put up any type of front in order to be recognized as part of their community. You just exposed one of your weaknesses, but I believe in your genius. Please never feel the craving to stoop down to appropriating other people's expressions as your own again, as you can rest assured that a lot of power resides in your personal originality. Also for your own well-being, may I recommend that you should stray away from online cesspools such as Reddit where the lost souls go to paint the walls of other people's houses with the mud of their own frustration that I don't believe should ever come anywhere near the virginal brillance of your diamond of a mind. Look - in order to find your original reference I had to have done it myself, and as you can probably tell from the sole existence of this post, I'm clearly not always very well. Shalom
[close]

What if I was the one who posted that on Reddit? Ever think of that, you long-winded fuckstick?

Rick Kane of Rick Kane on Mrpotatonutz

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »
Looks to me like the kid responded exactly how a teenager who got his brain rattled would act.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2019, 04:10:26 PM »
When I was in grade 7 I was skating with older guys, we were eating at Mcdonalds and a guy came up to us to try to rob us with a knife, we ran and he chased us, he got super close to stabbing my friend so my friend instantly hit his arm with his board, the guys arm instantly snapped and he dropped the knife.
If you're getting attacked you do what you have to do.

Black Frycook

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »
That's a real ass squad, they had each others backs. No poosey shit ova here. Shalom

Barf The Mog

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »
Yeah, what about full grown man punching kids in the face as the headline?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
When I was in grade 7 I was skating with older guys, we were eating at Mcdonalds and a guy came up to us to try to rob us with a knife, we ran and he chased us, he got super close to stabbing my friend so my friend instantly hit his arm with his board, the guys arm instantly snapped and he dropped the knife.
If you're getting attacked you do what you have to do.
  He did attack them, he was technically an adult while they were not.   The kid put an end to a sitch that he didnt start (people getting hit).    If he hit him with the wood side it would have only provoked.  Id run (if i thought i couldnt take someone) b4 truck fucking someone but unlucky for the dude he was dealin with 'the kid' and not me, ha.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:45:53 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Mr. Fink

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2019, 07:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This video is satisfying af. Maybe I'm a scumbag for thinking that, but it just hits so many feels for me on a personal level. The amount of times I've wanted to do that to a guy but had the better sense not to are numerous! I got to vicariously live out my sick fantasies through that four foot tall kid. i'm gonna go ahead and say this is the greatest video I've ever seen. That guy at the end waddling after the kid like Gargamel after a Smurf is priceless. I mean, come on!
[close]

Rick. On the sole basis of your posts, I honestly am inclined to believe that you are a great person in real life and I admire your persistence against the group mentality on those message boards, a lot. But this - just, no. Such desperation to win your e-peers' validation is dissonant with the apparent stoicism regarding 'reputation' downvotes that I've seen you regularly claim yourself and generally just isn't worthy of you. You are strong enough of a mind to deserve the self confidence it takes one not to think they have to put up any type of front in order to be recognized as part of their community. You just exposed one of your weaknesses, but I believe in your genius. Please never feel the craving to stoop down to appropriating other people's expressions as your own again, as you can rest assured that a lot of power resides in your personal originality. Also for your own well-being, may I recommend that you should stray away from online cesspools such as Reddit where the lost souls go to paint the walls of other people's houses with the mud of their own frustration that I don't believe should ever come anywhere near the virginal brillance of your diamond of a spirit. Look - in order to find your original reference I had to have done it myself, and as you can probably tell from the sole existence of this post, I'm clearly not always very well. Shalom

This is the best post I’ve seen on here in some time. Reddit is trash and so is joke theft. Shalom

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2019, 08:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rick. On the sole basis of your posts, I honestly am inclined to believe that you are a great person in real life and I admire your persistence against the group mentality on those message boards, a lot. But this - just, no. Such desperation to win your e-peers' validation is dissonant with the apparent stoicism regarding 'reputation' downvotes that I've seen you regularly claim yourself and generally just isn't worthy of you. You are strong enough of a mind to deserve the self confidence it takes one not to think they have to put up any type of front in order to be recognized as part of their community. You just exposed one of your weaknesses, but I believe in your genius. Please never feel the craving to stoop down to appropriating other people's expressions as your own again, as you can rest assured that a lot of power resides in your personal originality. Also for your own well-being, may I recommend that you should stray away from online cesspools such as Reddit where the lost souls go to paint the walls of other people's houses with the mud of their own frustration that I don't believe should ever come anywhere near the virginal brillance of your diamond of a spirit. Look - in order to find your original reference I had to have done it myself, and as you can probably tell from the sole existence of this post, I'm clearly not always very well. Shalom
[close]

This is the best post I’ve seen on here in some time. Reddit is trash and so is joke theft. Shalom
  If the comment resonated with him and he felt it eloquently expressed how he felt in words he himself wasnt capable of finding, i dont think its as big of a d as ur^  making it. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:03:23 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2019, 08:12:38 PM »
Seems a little presumptuous to assume he regrets messing with those kids.

For all we know, he was on the ground thinking, “Fuck yeah, I live for this shit!”
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2019, 08:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You should join the cool guy club and religiously kook me every 24 hours. That will teach me.
  Goin on the offensive, huh?  -Ya big fat kook (race you to the bottom)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2019, 08:16:42 PM »

For all we know, he was on the ground thinking, “Fuck yeah, I live for this shit!”

when they helped him to his feet they were like bro why are you pitching a tent?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

when they helped him to his feet they were like bro why are you pitching a tent?
  Before we go to far with boner jokes about someone half dead from brain trauma, i'll tell you the quote i saw spray painted on a wall today; "An injury to one is an injury to all". Not to shit on the parade.  I just think the jokes around ultra violent events makes people cormfortable in a cheap way and normalizes brutality. Im guilty too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:25:21 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

reverbtank

• Rep: 3
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »
You got to be real stupid to mess with multiple skateboarders.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:26:16 PM by reverbtank »

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2019, 11:14:35 PM »
That was attempted murder.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2019, 12:48:45 AM »
That was attempted murder justifiable homicide.

That has a better ring to it.
The streets await

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2019, 07:52:52 AM »
That was attempted murder.

That was self defense, the dude would've gotten back up and beat the shit out of the short kid. It's crazy how everyone stood by and let a grown man punch out teenagers. The security guards should've diffused the situation.