Author Topic: Biggest Skate Reward?  (Read 1600 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
Re: Biggest Skate Reward?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2024, 11:47:23 PM »
i bs flipped a 7, 5 years after i landed on it for the first time. i even did it 2 times, because the tape glitched on the first one and we lost the clip. second time took 10 minutes. it felt great. i bombed a couple hills that felt incredible, i live in a polish equivalent of SF so there's a ton of them and some are gnarly as fuck, i managed to hit some of those.

if we're talking monetary rewards - when i was 20 years old (so in 2020) i felt semi-pro, i used to win a bunch of stuff at local contests and i flipped all of it, at the same time i was delivering food on a bike part time (about 20 hours a week), half of my income was from that and the other half was from selling contest prizes. the bike paid rent, the skateboard paid for weed. i got something going with a local shop that sold magenta boards and they sold them to me for 50% off, about a month later i started getting clothes from another homie that hit me up after a contest, later on he'd hook me up with shoes and boards sometimes because he had some contacts, i got a few pairs of vans. shit fell through after a while, i still get sent a t-shirt here and there but those couple months were incredible.

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -279
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2024, 11:58:11 PM »
The first time I popped out of nose manny probably with that little push that still feels amazing to this day.

Skating at MACBA and all the spots around there was something special to me as well.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 743
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2024, 01:32:29 AM »
The first time I popped out of nose manny probably with that little push that still feels amazing to this day.

This is one of the best feelings without a doubt
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 48
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2024, 03:14:49 AM »
I once had a pedestrian say i had a good style, probably the top for me

Coffee

• Rep: 42
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2024, 05:43:54 AM »
My 11 year old daughter filmed me board sliding a flat bar at the park last week and told me it looked sick and was genuinely hyped she got to film it.

When I was 13 one of my asshole friends went away for the summer to stay with his dad and I got kickflips on lock that summer. When he came back we were at the park and I did one off a launch ramp first try and when I skated back up to him he asked if I saw someone kickflip off the ramp. I told him it was me. His response was “damn. I thought it was someone good.”  What a dick. Then I beat him in a game of skate and not long after he quit skating and hanging out with us. Might have been the best kickflip I ever did. Definitely top two or three.

Around the time I was 17 I had a friend who had been sent to military school for getting in trouble move back to our town. He was by far the best skater in our crew and still rips to this day. Our first session after he got back to town I ripped a long backside 5-0 on a curb and he told me I had the best style of all our friends. That one made me feel pretty cool.

Trilogy

• Rep: -295
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2024, 03:47:56 PM »
getting negative rep on slap message board.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2024, 07:00:53 PM »
Still skating at this age is the big payoff, regardless of how lackluster it may be in comparison to yesteryear.
All the “olds” feel me on this one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 01:55:34 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2024, 06:44:17 AM »
The first time I rolled off something bigger than a curb- it was  picnic table, one push and had to get in the right position right away, landing it, and shattering the red plastic wheels on the K-Mart board my parents bought me in 85.

Elation of landing it mixed with the twisted pleasure of destroying your own gear completely
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2024, 07:05:16 AM »
Hitting 10k posts and having the power to double kook…..

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2024, 09:31:28 AM »
The first stand up grind on pool coping I ever did was the best feeling I ever felt on a skateboard.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2024, 07:23:38 PM »
My first proper heelflip over something.

It was downhill, off a decent bump, over a sidewalk/then a steep hill grass gap 1-2' wide x about 5' - 6' drop (kinda like the old Carlsbad gap but not as long).

It was my first or second real catch; 90% black out (pop, flip and landing), except looking down mid-flight and seeing the board perfectly under foot for a bolts landing.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2024, 02:15:09 AM »
Honestly the first time kickflipping a stair was a huge rush and reward.....also varial heelflipping down a loading dock, i was stoked when i had those flips on flatground lock so to take it a drop and do it down something made me feel all kinds of rewards

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Oog

• Rep: 7
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2024, 08:28:18 AM »
In the mid 2000s I won a contest and part of the prize pack was a full velour Fila track suit. I never wore it and I think it's still in a closet at my parents place. I should dig it out.

The first time I kick flipped a 6 stair when I was 11 or 12 all my friends picked me up and walked me around on their shoulders like it was the game winning shot in the NBA playoffs.

Lastly, around 2008-09 I did a frontside flip nose grind on a box at Tompkins and Zared Basset said "that was sick".

Skateboarding is cool.

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2024, 04:28:50 PM »
Im most hyped when my creativity and ability meet and i drive home without injury
[Applause]

Fasttimes

• Rep: -45
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2024, 12:09:45 AM »
What had you the most hyped while on your board?

I first kickflipped in front of my sixth grade English Teacher, Mr. Lawless. I was pretty stoked.

Years later I ollied a proper fire hydrant on the east coast off a smooth curb cut and felt like I was on top of the world.

360 flip. . . . Smoking weed with dyrdek and KT.