Author Topic: Vans Plans  (Read 49789 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
Re: Vans Plans
« Reply #330 on: April 09, 2024, 09:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
tvv is gonna get a hair cut and we'll all be like holy shit this guy is the best
[close]
This is pretty accurate

This is literally what happened to Caswell Berry in the early 00s

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2024, 10:48:48 AM »

As if all the awful collabs with SpongeBob,Marvel,Hello Kitty, Reese's weren't enough... They're not even trying with this one. What overpaid person thought lets just cut two shoes in half?

oh shit, they got the spizikes!

kook1234

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2024, 11:04:42 AM »

As if all the awful collabs with SpongeBob,Marvel,Hello Kitty, Reese's weren't enough... They're not even trying with this one. What overpaid person thought lets just cut two shoes in half?

first of, I am by no means a fan of vans.  its shoes for normies.  that said, what do u think "of the wall" implies?

also, this is not the first time shoes like this have been done:

theres these ugly ishod mismatches

you have these monstrosities

also not a Jordan brand fan but as far as I know these were the first:

louie got a fit of during his failed soty 2022 run where he had his shoe split blue and green, which was cool but I cant find the video.  I "got" it when I saw the louie clip cause you see the outside of one shoe be blue and the inside of the other be green

edit:  this isnt the clip I was thinking of but he has a similar fit @1:34

http://youtu.be/EdzqwdPfEDY?t=92

I just scoured Louies output for the past couple of years.  impressive first, but crazy to think hes been on FA for 4 years already
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:13:02 AM by kook1234 »

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2024, 11:08:31 AM »
first of, I am by no means a fan of vans.  its shoes for normies.  that said, what do u think "of the wall" implies?

skating a wall

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2024, 11:49:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

At this point vans is of the wall..
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2024, 04:36:40 PM »
i present to you: vans's savior

https://otw.vans.com/en-us/p/otw/footwear-90085/premium-clash-the-wall-VN000CNKBKC

Having no feet would be a better alternative than wearing these
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #337 on: April 09, 2024, 04:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
New Balance us to shoes what Krooked is to boards these days.. “Could see him on..”

Is Vans slimming down their lower-tiered squad?
[close]

Feels like that's exactly what they're doing. Going to keep the bigger names.

I legit feel like Aiden, Ben Kadow, Tyson, and Rizzo are the next to have their contracts run out.

those guys imo at least feel involved with the brand, and Vans actually makes an effort with them beyond just signing them to a contract. It didn't feel like they did that with Kirby, TVV, CJ collins

Ninj2

• Rep: -88
« Reply #338 on: April 09, 2024, 06:14:10 PM »
Vans is incompetent. As far as shoes go. They like getting a c if you own a restaurant and it’s a damn shame and in blame upper management

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #339 on: April 09, 2024, 07:12:46 PM »
my feeling is that rizzo must remain paid

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -489
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2024, 01:27:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tvv is gonna get a hair cut and we'll all be like holy shit this guy is the best
[close]
This is pretty accurate
[close]
Him moving back to the midwest, I hope Alien Workshop hops on this.

Shhhh dlx already got the last two threads about him nuked. He’s like Voldemort now.

I hope they don’t cut rizzo, he makes vans look cool. You gotta wonder what pull Crockett has over there still to have had a pro model stay in the line the longest out of anyone who isn’t a legend or ave . I imagine some of the pull extends to keeping rizzo paid.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • Free Max B
« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2024, 02:01:53 AM »
Those might be the worst pair of vans I’ve ever seen.
Including all that shit they were doing trying to compete with DC and Etnies before that Cardiel ad bringing back “off the wall”, focusing on classics etc.
Like the “half cab 2” that shit looks like a hightop D3.
All grey Cab 6s were tough tho

Free max b
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 02:40:39 AM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

newMe

• Rep: 18
« Reply #342 on: April 10, 2024, 02:35:14 AM »

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2024, 02:35:24 AM »
That whole OTW is such a failure. Like they bought 250k followers to their IG-account, but even the bots are "yeah not gonna bother🔥-emoji this fucking shit".

I get they want to chase the dunk hypebeast crowd, but the difference is people actually want to wear dunks instead of some ugly ass mishmash abomination of different Vans-models by some dude called Potato.

But it's kinda ironic, that the thing that saved Vans in the 00's was when they went back to the classics instead of trying to copy what others were doing and now they are trying to stay relevant by doing the complete opposite.

I've pretty much only wore Vans for the last 20-something years, but they seem so lost right now, I'm probably gonna go for some other megacorporation shoes soon...

Fuck it, here's a free tip for Vans: bring back the Stranger Syndicate Eras, those were awesome.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2024, 05:04:44 AM »
Dear Vans, Make shoes feel like they did when you made the AV6. Or just make the AV6 or AV3’s.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #345 on: April 10, 2024, 05:39:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

At this point vans is of the wall..

Of the market more like

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2024, 05:47:38 AM »
That whole OTW is such a failure. Like they bought 250k followers to their IG-account, but even the bots are "yeah not gonna bother🔥-emoji this fucking shit".

I think its just the old vans vault instagram with the name change hence the followers

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #347 on: April 10, 2024, 09:17:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think its just the old vans vault instagram with the name change hence the followers

This. They nix'd the Vault line and replaced it with OTW.

Which is funny because the original OTW line from 10 years ago was killed. But I think it was because people didn't know what "Vault" was but were aware of "Off The Wall."

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 27
« Reply #348 on: April 10, 2024, 09:28:29 AM »

I get they want to chase the dunk hypebeast crowd, but the difference is people actually want to wear dunks instead of some ugly ass mishmash abomination of different Vans-models by some dude called Potato.

But it's kinda ironic, that the thing that saved Vans in the 00's was when they went back to the classics instead of trying to copy what others were doing and now they are trying to stay relevant by doing the complete opposite.

I've pretty much only wore Vans for the last 20-something years, but they seem so lost right now, I'm probably gonna go for some other megacorporation shoes soon...

Fuck it, here's a free tip for Vans: bring back the Stranger Syndicate Eras, those were awesome.

Yes, please.