Author Topic: What's the best video part in all of history?  (Read 17499 times)

SHARPSHOOTER

Re: What's the best video part in all of history?
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »

Pretty crazy to think this dude had the potential to be on a PJ-level of awesomeness, maybe he still does  :-\
omg whos the girl in your sig.
also Mark Suciu Sabotage 3

darkslideoftheforce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »
Impossible choice if we're talking about the classics, but in the past recent years, this probably was the most jaw dropping. Mind bending skating and excellent editing.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2014, 06:24:40 PM »

Soo glad most of us are agreeing on this. i remember loving the maple videos, the bag of suck was literally the most creative video ever made by an independent skate co. not some flashy high budget production. Jerry, Louie, and Caswell, and the friends section is amazing, but to this day ive never seen such creative and innovative doubles, triples skating in unison in the one section they had at the park when louie did all the crazy tricks with a million pennies glued on the bottom of his board...

i cant believe how many people cant appreciate newer stuff, i mean i love me some old ray barbee,guerrero, natas, stranger, but anyone who believes these legends dont have skaters nowadays that equally compare and compete with them in terms of everything are clueless (it's just like people who say All music sucks nowadays/ or i hate the remake of this movie because i love the old one); the problem is, these people dont give things a chance (paying more attention to the time period CMON GUYS EVERYONE KNOWS THE CLASSICS BY NOW, who the fuck cares if you love carroll's modus part WHO THE FUCK DOESNT? (marc Johnson just came out with his best part ever, so that proves that point. its been mentioned forever on these threads. lets look at the guys who have been inspired by them, and see who stands up.
WHy is there so many wannabe trendy suckers in skating, deliberately only posting old "classic" stuff as their "favorite parts". However, im glad someof us people share the same topical opinions... Gravette's new creature part along with AND NOW part made me look at him as the gonz of high impact skating, and dude seems like one of the most down to earth guys in the game, including jerry.

Daniel Espinoza's bangin to this day, might be one of the most insane performances on a skateboard ive seen.

cant leave out PJ's whl (was my favorite in middle school, but truthfully i liked gallant's part just as much), and now since then i look at PJ as boring as prod nowadays, just super slow skating, very very non-individualistic style, i loved seeing him get pissed at nyberg during their berrics game, and thought it was really a gump ass move when he said in the interview he was embarassed to do the guy's tricks.

Well fuck PJ, Im embarassed everytime i watch you roll five miles an hr in every berrics game, not missing any of the basics, sloppily making the harder ones, and almost everytime the dude hes playing has style miles above his flat ground steeze, but he always wins so whatre you gonna do. I loved it when Morgan Smith, a nobody at the time came in and SKUNKED him for the championship berrics

Justin Brock has a part in a NC video called Carolina Love,
right before he blew up (It's Still his Best PART IMO). If most of you saw it, youd be surprised, dude skated completely different spots back then, going balls to the wall, i grew up skating in NC with him and i thought for sure he'd become the next Cole or Reynolds (he's gettin there though, just seems like hes goin the old man tranny route moreso laltely/ CHeck out Brock in 2005 how hard this motherfucker goes to two perfect pixies songs..
 james tupper who made this video.the editing is the best ive seen in a skate video, and it's local...(like pyramid country doesnt have shit (in terms of creativity and music selection originality/ (along with picking some weird indie electro like pyramid, he ALSO uses a plethora of old unheard of bands, unsigned bands, Tasteful classic rock. If any respectable skate business needed one of the most creative editors, leagues ahead of what i see in mainstream skating, that's the dude youll think of after watching th vid

BTW TRAPASSO"S PREVENT this TRAGEDY was his best part, it equates to the perfection of my no.1 pick jerrys BOS/ Incredible music selection that would only work with his skating, and some of the best variety and style ona board/ might be his last really good part.

Anybody leaving out marc and cory's pretty sweet are fucking fruit salads also
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:01:17 PM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
PAPPALARDO I.E

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2014, 07:15:50 PM »
Dan Murphy and TSpliff in the WTF video, besides that, that vid's garb. God i hate Duffel's personality and im not that dude who creeps on interviews and lifestyle shit but i have read and heard a few and he sounds like a complete tool, not much improvment from the racist comment. It sounds like he's regular, maybe that's why he says weird shit

MAXHAMS WARCO--If you want to see a bigger frontside flip than the boss (maybe not as long as tommy's new one, but def higher, among fakie heeling a giant 12, another edit that blows away most footy ive seen of this kid since then)

It seems like theres a window in ones life where they finally become am and are hungry to skate and most personalities just arent as much into it as they get in their mid 20's, and you can see how they dont progress much... they might skate as much but theyre not as hungry and open to learning new tricks...i.e. CORY KENNEDY, even though i love the guy, he was at a stand still for awhile in terms of progression (yes he was and prob is in the top 3 techest skaters out) but his Pretty Sweet part makes me so happy, that and his sasquatch part are all i need, but maybe he hasnt peeked)

I'm not too big on Malto, but i really think after watchin his PS part a few times it really grew on me (idea for next thread), which really surprises me because ive never been that into him
try to remember, forget

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Soo glad most of us are agreeing on this. i remember loving the maple videos, the bag of suck was literally the most creative video ever made by an independent skate co. not some flashy high budget production. Jerry, Louie, and Caswell, and the friends section is amazing, but to this day ive never seen such creative and innovative doubles, triples skating in unison in the one section they had at the park when louie did all the crazy tricks with a million pennies glued on the bottom of his board...

i cant believe how many people cant appreciate newer stuff, i mean i love me some old ray barbee,guerrero, natas, stranger, but anyone who believes these legends dont have skaters nowadays that equally compare and compete with them in terms of everything are clueless (it's just like people who say All music sucks nowadays/ or i hate the remake of this movie because i love the old one); the problem is, these people dont give things a chance (paying more attention to the time period CMON GUYS EVERYONE KNOWS THE CLASSICS BY NOW, who the fuck cares if you love carroll's modus part WHO THE FUCK DOESNT? (marc Johnson just came out with his best part ever, so that proves that point. its been mentioned forever on these threads. lets look at the guys who have been inspired by them, and see who stands up.
WHy is there so many wannabe trendy suckers in skating, deliberately only posting old "classic" stuff as their "favorite parts". However, im glad someof us people share the same topical opinions... Gravette's new creature part along with AND NOW part made me look at him as the gonz of high impact skating, and dude seems like one of the most down to earth guys in the game, including jerry.

Daniel Espinoza's bangin to this day, might be one of the most insane performances on a skateboard ive seen.

cant leave out PJ's whl (was my favorite in middle school, but truthfully i liked gallant's part just as much), and now since then i look at PJ as boring as prod nowadays, just super slow skating, very very non-individualistic style, i loved seeing him get pissed at nyberg during their berrics game, and thought it was really a gump ass move when he said in the interview he was embarassed to do the guy's tricks.

Well fuck PJ, Im embarassed everytime i watch you roll five miles an hr in every berrics game, not missing any of the basics, sloppily making the harder ones, and almost everytime the dude hes playing has style miles above his flat ground steeze, but he always wins so whatre you gonna do. I loved it when Morgan Smith, a nobody at the time came in and SKUNKED him for the championship berrics

Justin Brock has a part in a NC video called Carolina Love,
right before he blew up (It's Still his Best PART IMO). If most of you saw it, youd be surprised, dude skated completely different spots back then, going balls to the wall, i grew up skating in NC with him and i thought for sure he'd become the next Cole or Reynolds (he's gettin there though, just seems like hes goin the old man tranny route moreso laltely/ CHeck out Brock in 2005 how hard this motherfucker goes to two perfect pixies songs..
 james tupper who made this video.the editing is the best ive seen in a skate video, and it's local...(like pyramid country doesnt have shit (in terms of creativity and music selection originality/ (along with picking some weird indie electro like pyramid, he ALSO uses a plethora of old unheard of bands, unsigned bands, Tasteful classic rock. If any respectable skate business needed one of the most creative editors, leagues ahead of what i see in mainstream skating, that's the dude youll think of after watching th vid

BTW TRAPASSO"S PREVENT this TRAGEDY was his best part, it equates to the perfection of my no.1 pick jerrys BOS/ Incredible music selection that would only work with his skating, and some of the best variety and style ona board/ might be his last really good part.

Anybody leaving out marc and cory's pretty sweet are fucking fruit salads also
I agree with everything in this post (godamn what the fuck happened to Daniel Espinoza? He murked shit in that bangin)  except for the Justin Brock part, his Carolina Love is killer but his best part is his Southern Comfort part. It is definitely a fucking classic for me.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »
Daniel Espinoza still skates for cliche and lakai. Absolutely nothing has changed at all. He just released a part in the newest Cliche video
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
danny renaud in mosaic.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »
I bet Needlejuice is the most annoying dude in person.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »

That back tail 270 shuv to manual was absurdly casual.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2014, 11:28:23 PM »
J Lee, Ethan and Daher in a visual sound

Danny Wainright in a 411... where its raining and Lance calls him Rainright

but just picking one...hmmmmm i have to think longer

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »
pat burke is the best video part in all of history.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

marty mcfly

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:51 AM »
Dan Murphy and TSpliff in the WTF video, besides that, that vid's garb. God i hate Duffel's personality and im not that dude who creeps on interviews and lifestyle shit but i have read and heard a few and he sounds like a complete tool, not much improvment from the racist comment. It sounds like he's regular, maybe that's why he says weird shit

MAXHAMS WARCO--If you want to see a bigger frontside flip than the boss (maybe not as long as tommy's new one, but def higher, among fakie heeling a giant 12, another edit that blows away most footy ive seen of this kid since then)

It seems like theres a window in ones life where they finally become am and are hungry to skate and most personalities just arent as much into it as they get in their mid 20's, and you can see how they dont progress much... they might skate as much but theyre not as hungry and open to learning new tricks...i.e. CORY KENNEDY, even though i love the guy, he was at a stand still for awhile in terms of progression (yes he was and prob is in the top 3 techest skaters out) but his Pretty Sweet part makes me so happy, that and his sasquatch part are all i need, but maybe he hasnt peeked)

I'm not too big on Malto, but i really think after watchin his PS part a few times it really grew on me (idea for next thread), which really surprises me because ive never been that into him

i love his PS part in every aspect (even with justice-new lands).....its actually my favorite part in pretty sweet!...but thats because i love malto and his skating!!!   8)
cory has the best part in PS...hands down!!!i dont give a fuck about s.o.t.y (anymore)...but its a shame that he's not soty 2012 !!!

SketchArmstrong

• Rep: -3
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2014, 02:19:12 AM »
This question is unanswerable.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2014, 02:22:59 AM »

[/quote]
I agree with everything in this post (godamn what the fuck happened to Daniel Espinoza? He murked shit in that bangin)  except for the Justin Brock part, his Carolina Love is killer but his best part is his Southern Comfort part. It is definitely a fucking classic for me.

[/quote]

I used to watch that Southern Comfort part all the time, got it on some free DVD that came with a Real deck or something... I think its from 2004 or something, I couldnt believe how hard he went. So gnarly!

Fehlstartprinzi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2014, 02:39:11 AM »

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2014, 05:09:06 AM »
Talk more shit about PJ buddy. I'm sure you skate way faster and more stylish than him.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2014, 05:15:04 AM »
PJ has the best bangin' ever filmed at the berrics.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2014, 05:23:38 AM »
PJ has the best bangin' everything ever filmed at the berrics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »
Impossible choice if we're talking about the classics, but in the past recent years, this probably was the most jaw dropping. Mind bending skating and excellent editing.

Crap, was hoping it'd be a Doug Brown part.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2014, 05:42:37 AM »
I bet Needlejuice is the most annoying dude in person.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2014, 05:43:01 AM »
I'd probably say Jerry in Bag of Suck.

After years of being forced to watch skate videos my girlfriend says this one

"He just doesn't give a shit where he lands"

ShpotaSb

• Rep: -28
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »
I always say PJ Ladd in his WHL every time somebody asks me this question, and I entered this thread just to say that. I am pleasantly surprised to see that so many of you guys already said it.

Marc Johnson in Fully Flared is a close second for me with Daewon Song from Almost Round 3 a close third place.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:46:29 AM by ShpotaSb »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »
Daniel Espinoza still skates for cliche and lakai. Absolutely nothing has changed at all. He just released a part in the newest Cliche video
He's boring as fuck to watch now.

BuddyPal

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »
peter jebadiah ladd in WHL

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
Expand Quote
PJ,has the best bangin' everything ever filmed at the berrics.
[close]
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »

You got a cool girlfriend, I love that part. Way underrated.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »
danny renaud in mosaic.

great pick

another contender

hardly art, hardly starving

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
Jamie Welcome to Hell

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »

SHE WANTS THAT ASS BRO