Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 359233 times)

sadnocomply and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5640 on: April 27, 2024, 04:47:48 PM »
I gotta order new 5.8s on the first maybe. I def gotta get another 8.75. I'm going go for VTL 5.8s. I think that product is exactly for someone like me.

I'm not big on hollow. I don't bend cast even at axles. This is prob right in the middle? I just wanna get lighter. So it can be a happy switch summer. Not a pain in the balls what am I training for? Summer.

It's for the soul.

Any reason why you go for the 5.8 on a 8.75 deck? Been itching to try the 6.1 V-Hollow on a 8.75 but I don't want to have another pair of trucks at home.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5641 on: April 27, 2024, 07:32:28 PM »
Expand Quote
I gotta order new 5.8s on the first maybe. I def gotta get another 8.75. I'm going go for VTL 5.8s. I think that product is exactly for someone like me.

I'm not big on hollow. I don't bend cast even at axles. This is prob right in the middle? I just wanna get lighter. So it can be a happy switch summer. Not a pain in the balls what am I training for? Summer.

It's for the soul.
[close]

Any reason why you go for the 5.8 on a 8.75 deck? Been itching to try the 6.1 V-Hollow on a 8.75 but I don't want to have another pair of trucks at home.

Truck width to board ratios are a funny thing.

I always like to have matching truck to board, as do a number of people I skate with, but then others always have the truck one size down to board width and prefer it that way.

They most commonly say they like that the wheels sit under and there is less truck width to slip around on, especially getting up into the 8.75 size boards, where it also helps with weight, so I am told.

Thinking of others who ride the 5.8 on the 8.75 boards, or the 6.1 on 9" boards like a few pals, I can see why they prefer that, especially seeing as there is no wider option anyway for 9" boards, so they get used to it and prefer it that way.

I have a Polar 8.75 board with 14.375 wb with standard 6.1s on it and it skates really well.  Keep meaning to try them on a DLX 8.75 with a longer 14.62 wheelbase but I just don't want to take them off.  I am guessing they would go ok, cause others have that setup and it works for them.

Usually I would have the 5.8s on 8.38 to 8.5 boards, but others have the 5.6 on those same boards, which feels a bit too tippy for me, but I can see when they skate it works really well for them.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5642 on: April 27, 2024, 07:37:55 PM »
Expand Quote

It's for the soul.
[close]

Definitely. I like my wheels well in. When I land primos it's always going wheels next. Board flips faster. I like shapes now too.

The 5.8 is definitely my goldilocks truck. As is the 58mm f4. I got my numbers down with these last 3 boards. I know exactly what I need now.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bongwater Mojito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #5643 on: April 27, 2024, 08:16:48 PM »
Stock purple top bushing (90a), Indy white bottom (78a). Indy washers, offer bit more mobility to bushings than the stock cups. Riptide pivot cups. Works well, I think I'm becoming a convert.

Kunnallisjäte

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5644 on: April 28, 2024, 10:41:28 AM »
I've noticed that several pros using Venture Hollow his (other models too) have stopped using bones bushings and use trucks all stock instead. At least ones with purple or red bushings. Felipe Gustavo for example.

Are these new stock bushings better, more stable or what? I've enjoyed bones medium bushings but now started thinking why? 😆

sadnocomply

• Rep: 138
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5645 on: April 28, 2024, 11:27:45 AM »
I've noticed that several pros using Venture Hollow his (other models too) have stopped using bones bushings and use trucks all stock instead. At least ones with purple or red bushings. Felipe Gustavo for example.

Are these new stock bushings better, more stable or what? I've enjoyed bones medium bushings but now started thinking why? 😆
the stocks last way longer for me than any type of bones bushings do. I imagine the pros just slap on the trucks they are sent and don’t mess with it too much from what I have noticed these days. Venture trucks are great stock. If you have to tweak every aspect of a truck, ie bushings, hardware, nuts, kingpins, etc what is the point? You are just giving yourself unnecessary madness

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #5646 on: April 29, 2024, 12:28:31 AM »
the stocks last way longer for me than any type of bones bushings do. I imagine the pros just slap on the trucks they are sent and don’t mess with it too much from what I have noticed these days. Venture trucks are great stock. If you have to tweak every aspect of a truck, ie bushings, hardware, nuts, kingpins, etc what is the point? You are just giving yourself unnecessary madness

This.

Kunnallisjäte

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5647 on: April 29, 2024, 11:06:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ok thanx. I got them original bushings left. I'll put them back on in the future and won't buy new bones bushings..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5648 on: April 29, 2024, 05:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Ok thanx. I got them original bushings left. I'll put them back on in the future and won't buy new bones bushings..

Now we just need DLX to put out stock bushings for Venture they way they do for Thunder and everyone will be happy.

Or a few options with different duros, but I have been told it is in the works, just yet to happen.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5649 on: April 29, 2024, 05:36:24 PM »

They got it dialed now. Just make sure to avoid dark opaque ones.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5650 on: April 29, 2024, 06:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Now we just need DLX to put out stock bushings for Venture they way they do for Thunder and everyone will be happy.

Or a few options with different duros, but I have been told it is in the works, just yet to happen.

DLX is so confident of the stock Venture bushings they didn't bother to release aftermarket ones.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5651 on: April 29, 2024, 07:01:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

DLX is so confident of the stock Venture bushings they didn't bother to release aftermarket ones.

I think they're confident that most ventures riders have tight ass trucks for their ledge and flat game that different duros weren't needed =)

Surprised me they released the loose trucks kit and didn't do a different duro.

Beside ACE and Slappy (depending on how heavy you are) Venture stocks are some of the best for what the truck offers.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #5652 on: April 29, 2024, 08:28:16 PM »
My question is, if they are not stock are you truly AWAKE?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5653 on: April 29, 2024, 08:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

I agree with this 100%. I felt bad to start tinkering with trucks in the first place as I know it'll lead to some kind of gear madness. Actually when the stock tops broke in they felt so good that decided to switch back stock bottoms as well. They'll soften a bit apparently, felt too tight originally unless nut was loosened to almoust out of nylock which I don't like at all. Will keep the Riptide pivot cups though, they're silent out of the box unlike stocks. Not sure how it affects turning, but still enjoying the trucks so far.

fur lined sea

• Rep: 234
« Reply #5654 on: May 01, 2024, 01:51:53 AM »
Anyone fuck with the forged plates? Cons and pros? Max wheel size (I go between 54/52mm)?

I've skated cast Ventures and enjoy them more than any other truck except for Royals. I've been on the new Royals since they came out but wouldn't mind another set of Ventures.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5655 on: May 01, 2024, 07:26:27 AM »
If you liked the Royals why switch? I have Ventures and axle my trucks before replacing, but if things were dire I would just go with what I have liked the most. Time is too short as an adult to waste time fucking about.

I have used forged Ventures and they're fine- a bit faster snap but they make most decks feel lethargic to me and I can't ride Ben D shorties. If they had the same wheelbase I might ride em.

rikki

« Reply #5656 on: May 01, 2024, 08:14:25 AM »
Currently riding forged Ventures with 1/16 shock pads and 54mm wheels and liking the setup a whole lot.

GT

• Rep: -14
« Reply #5657 on: May 01, 2024, 02:16:00 PM »

fur lined sea

• Rep: 234
« Reply #5658 on: Today at 03:23:28 AM »
Currently riding forged Ventures with 1/16 shock pads and 54mm wheels and liking the setup a whole lot.

Haven't done risers since my first proper set up (Monkey Business), but thanks for the input. Heard a lot of people use risers with Thunders, didn't know it was a thing with Ventures.

If you liked the Royals why switch? I have Ventures and axle my trucks before replacing, but if things were dire I would just go with what I have liked the most. Time is too short as an adult to waste time fucking about.

I have used forged Ventures and they're fine- a bit faster snap but they make most decks feel lethargic to me and I can't ride Ben D shorties. If they had the same wheelbase I might ride em.

You're absolutely right. The best trucks are the ones that are broken in and what you're used to. I'll only swap out trucks once they're done, too.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

rikki

« Reply #5659 on: Today at 03:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haven't done risers since my first proper set up (Monkey Business), but thanks for the input. Heard a lot of people use risers with Thunders, didn't know it was a thing with Ventures.

I don't know if it's a thing, but coming from forged Indys, I occasionally feel like the forged Venture height (52mm) is a tad low for me. It's a matter of taste and it's not like I cannot ride 'em without the risers. A bit of testing and trying.