Author Topic: Cory Kennedy enters guilty plea  (Read 34091 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Cory Kennedy enters guilty plea
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2018, 11:18:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey, now that two lives have been ruined, any way the skate industry wants to chill on romanticizing p-stone’s relationship with alcohol?
I guess I don’t know his perspective, but if I die in a drunk driving accident, I’d feel like people were spitting on my grave if they did shit like name a microbrew after me or making people drink beers “in my honor” a la king of the road. Shit is so tasteless and lacking in awareness.
“One of our friends died and the other is going to jail because of a drunk driving accident...how do we respect our fallen friend? BOOZE!” Its gross. A real way to honor him would be to take the dangers associated with alcohol more seriously and to start taking cabs/lyfts when you drink
[close]

You've got a vendetta against the truth.   Dude drank.  He was drunk when he died.  Also people like to drink - I could say that your using his death as a platform for your guilt trips but I'm not that kind of guy.
[close]
Well, you’re an idiot. I’m just saying if I die by drowning don’t hold my memorial at a swimming pool. Same logic works for beer.
[close]

The assumption that there would be a memorial held for YOU is laughable.
Who the fuck are you and how do you have 2,200 posts on my messageboard?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lilboosie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2018, 11:31:58 AM »
Y’all pretending to be Lawyers

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey, now that two lives have been ruined, any way the skate industry wants to chill on romanticizing p-stone’s relationship with alcohol?
I guess I don’t know his perspective, but if I die in a drunk driving accident, I’d feel like people were spitting on my grave if they did shit like name a microbrew after me or making people drink beers “in my honor” a la king of the road. Shit is so tasteless and lacking in awareness.
“One of our friends died and the other is going to jail because of a drunk driving accident...how do we respect our fallen friend? BOOZE!” Its gross. A real way to honor him would be to take the dangers associated with alcohol more seriously and to start taking cabs/lyfts when you drink
[close]

You've got a vendetta against the truth.   Dude drank.  He was drunk when he died.  Also people like to drink - I could say that your using his death as a platform for your guilt trips but I'm not that kind of guy.
[close]
Well, you’re an idiot. I’m just saying if I die by drowning don’t hold my memorial at a swimming pool. Same logic works for beer.
[close]

[close]

like I said LAUGHABLE. 

Seriously, though, riddle me this.  All you ever do is bitch about skateboarders, the industry and everyone involved in it, the people here, etc. and my question is if you hate all that shit about skateboarding so much, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE???  AND WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN SKATE STILL????
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2018, 11:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

like I said LAUGHABLE. 

Seriously, though, riddle me this.  All you ever do is bitch about skateboarders, the industry and everyone involved in it, the people here, etc. and my question is if you hate all that shit about skateboarding so much, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE???  AND WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN SKATE STILL????
fascinating and unique question that for sure no one has ever asked a bitter older skater on the internet

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

like I said LAUGHABLE. 

I’m not answering your question until you answer mine. Who are you and how do you have 2200 posts on my board?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2018, 11:46:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

like I said LAUGHABLE. 

[close]
I’m not answering your question until you answer mine. Who are you and how do you have 2200 posts on my board?

Fuck, right when I thought you had valid points. You had to go full narcissistic person.
Gentleman ninja warlock

lilboosie

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2018, 11:48:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

like I said LAUGHABLE. 

[close]

His name is Betaphenylethylalamine

It’s on the left

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2018, 11:51:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Even if you died at age 90 swimming laps at a community pool you’ve gone to every day since 1973?
[close]
The equivalent dedication to alcohol is far less worthy of celebration
You're equivocating a lifestyle of casual drinking with the crime of drinking and drinking and driving. I don't find it in bad taste to celebrate a man in accordance to how he truly lived. No one is saying getting loaded and then taking a drive is okay. They're saying this was a great guy and this is how he lived. If anything, it should be taken as an opportunity to promote drinking responsibly. I think you do have a point in that I have yet to see it presented that way. Instead they just say they loved the man and speak nothing to the circumstances that brought about his passing, and that, I think, is the true failure of the skate industry. It seems to be the strategy with every controversial topic. The industry as a whole seems to be unwilling to directly address the topic and use their influence for the good of everyone that is touched by them.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2018, 11:56:16 AM »
If I answer your question, I'd basically be acknowledging the fact that this is YOUR message board and that shit certainly ain't happenin, Gip. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

fs overkrook

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
driving a vehicle with an open container of alcohol in it is a separate offense from a dui

edit: apparently it's legal in some states, but WA isn't one of them

It’s legal in Connecticut. Which coincidentally is a fucking super awesome state to go skate park hoppin in. There’s so many.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »
If I answer your question, I'd basically be acknowledging the fact that this is YOUR message board and that shit certainly ain't happenin, Gip.
  ;D   ;D  ;D

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  ;D   ;D  ;D

Okay you did indeed go full person
Gentleman ninja warlock

feedmeseymour

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »
Expand Quote
driving a vehicle with an open container of alcohol in it is a separate offense from a dui

[close]

It’s legal in Connecticut. Which coincidentally is a fucking super awesome state to go skate park hoppin in. There’s so many.
this is true, but i found this stipulation funny on the ct gov website.

"It is illegal in Connecticut for someone operating a motor vehicle on a public highway, in a parking lot for 10 or more cars, on certain other classes of roads, or on school property to drink any amount of alcohol."

just gotta find an empty parking lot to drunk drive in.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"It is illegal in Connecticut for someone operating a motor vehicle on a public highway, in a parking lot for 10 or more cars, on certain other classes of roads, or on school property to drink any amount of alcohol."

For, not of. Gotta find those nine-car lots for a joyride.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1345
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2018, 12:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Also the package stores close pretty early. At least they sell til 10pm and on Sundays now though! It was 8pm and no Sunday sales for the entirety of the 20th century I believe. CT has kooky booze laws.

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »

If you think regular ol' critical thinking is lawyer speak... I don't know something like "hoo boy" or something like that. Maybe just a whistling sound?

lilboosie

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you think regular ol' critical thinking is lawyer speak... I don't know something like "hoo boy" or something like that. Maybe just a whistling sound?

BOI if you don’t stop....

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
At first I felt some sympathy for Cory because he was a favorite growing up, but when Elijah, Grant, and Ishod went to Washington State last month, I saw Instagram stories of them drinking beers in the back of a van that was in motion.  I don't know if Cory was drinking or not, I would certainly hope he would have the good sense to distance himself from alcohol and motor vehicles.
[close]
Trunk bois bro.

Haha do you by any chance ride for skatology?

No I don't, but I'm friends with most of those Bel Air dudes.  This user name was more a reference to the Movie Fubar directly than to Ian's video that quoted the movie.  That's sick that you know Skatology though, it's a cool little shop. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2018, 01:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

BOI if you don’t stop....

Definitely just the whistling sound

trillytrill

• Rep: 10
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »
i see p-stone as more of an accomplice in the situation than SFB seems to. however, in the eyes of the law he's probably right. when people commit a crime together and one is killed its not uncommon to charge the living accomplice in the death of the one who died. i've seen it where a cop has shot killed one of them but the living perp gets charged as if they shot and killed their friend.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2018, 02:06:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You used to be able to drink whilst driving in Delaware so long as you didn't hit the threshold of being legally intoxicated.

My father said this was a very "sensible" law as he drank his PBR and allowed my 5 year old self to sit in the front seat.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2018, 03:10:21 PM »
i see p-stone as more of an accomplice in the situation than SFB seems to. however, in the eyes of the law he's probably right. when people commit a crime together and one is killed its not uncommon to charge the living accomplice in the death of the one who died. i've seen it where a cop has shot killed one of them but the living perp gets charged as if they shot and killed their friend.

That's felony murder and drunk driving is a one person crime that Pstone did not commit.

Pigeon

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
i've seen it where a cop has shot killed one of them but the living perp gets charged as if they shot and killed their friend.
Source, please.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2018, 03:18:58 PM »
Expand Quote
i've seen it where a cop has shot killed one of them but the living perp gets charged as if they shot and killed their friend.
[close]
Source, please.
here's one but it's a regular enough occurance.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/15/alabama-accomplice-law-lakeith-smith

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
He’s definitely not an accomplice

Pigeon

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Source, please.
[close]
here's one but it's a regular enough occurance.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/15/alabama-accomplice-law-lakeith-smith
It seems like some Jim Crow shit. I can’t believe it’s in 46 states.

fs overkrook

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I have some friends that take a ct trip every summer. They rent a huge van and hit all the parks. They said they asked some cops about that law and generally they don’t worry too much about it as long as the driver can’t reach out and grab a drink.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck yes he was an 'accomplice' to his own death (much like s. cross was -grown men and women make their own decisions and fate can take anyones life at any moment) ,
 But blame hardly is constructive in a sad situation like this.  -Just crack a cold one, pour some on the ground and stfu.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:24:24 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Fuck yes he was an 'accomplice' to his own death (much like s. cross was -grown men and women make their own decisions and fate can take anyones life at any moment) ,
 But blame hardly is constructive in a sad situation like this.  -Just crack a cold one, pour some on the ground and stfu.

do you also think women that are raped while drunk are accomplices to their rape?

jomeara1

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »

SFB isn’t ‘probably’ right. He IS right.

I don’t know how the word ‘accomplice’ popped into your head. They weren’t robbing a bank. It’s not illegal to be a drunk passenger in a car.