Author Topic: Decks similar to the Real Oval 8.12?  (Read 1379 times)

SlapMcKracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
Decks similar to the Real Oval 8.12?
« on: March 24, 2022, 05:57:48 AM »
First time skating again after injury and this time on the 8.12 oval deck, and I like it a lot.
To end my setup madness I got into when I started skating again I want to stick to decks similar to this one.

Skated a 8“ deck with 6.37 tail before and didn’t like it.

The real deck now measures:

14“ wb
31.4 length
Nose and tail 6.6

I mean some minor differences don’t bother me, so the nose could be longer for example.
And Full(er) (maybe even preferred but not a must).
I don’t even know if .25 wheelbase difference would bother me. What are your experiences with high ventures (I got v hollows)?
6.5 tails are alright too I’d guess.
And bit more in length is ok too.

Just want to keep readjusting pretty low, but also don’t want to ride the exact same deck all the time.

What decks would fit in that category? Some real and antihero of course; but even they don’t have other decks exactly like this.

Baker b2? Normal baker would have shorter tails.
Wb would be 14.25 though.

Alien/ Habitat?
They have decks with 8.125/ 14“wb/ 6.5 tail

What about the steepness of the kicks and concave of those?

I don’t even know if I was ever skating a deck that’s really steep. Would be interesting if I would struggle with switching between medium and steep decks. Do you?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:11:35 AM by SlapMcKracken »

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 182
Re: Decks similar to the Real Oval 8.12?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 06:10:14 AM »
First time skating again and this time on the 8.12 oval deck, and I like it a lot.
To end my setup madness I got into when I started skating again I want to stick to decks similar to this one.

14“ wb
31.4 length
Nose and tail 6.6

I mean some minor differences don’t bother me, so the nose could be longer for example.
I don’t even know if .25 wheelbase would bother me. What are your experiences with high ventures (I got v hollows)?

Just want to keep readjusting pretty low, but also don’t want to ride the exact same deck all the time.

What decks would fit in that category? Some real and antihero of course; but even they don’t have other decks exactly like this.

Alien/ Habitat?

I don’t even know if I was ever skating a deck that’s really steep.

I used to skate this shape all the time. AH/Krooked will release some graphics on it once in a while, just gotta keep an eye out.  THe Real SE 8.06x31.5x14 is similar but not totally the same.  Its hard to find equivalents.

I always skated this deck on thunder cast with 52s or smaller.  I think reg Venture highs would be too tall for the tail length, but vhollows/vlights are probably fine.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:18:30 AM »
Expand Quote
First time skating again and this time on the 8.12 oval deck, and I like it a lot.

14“ wb
31.4 length
Nose and tail 6.6

I don’t even know if .25 wheelbase would bother me. What are your experiences with high ventures (I got v hollows)?

Alien/ Habitat?

I don’t even know if I was ever skating a deck that’s really steep.
[close]

I used to skate this shape all the time. AH/Krooked will release some graphics on it once in a while, just gotta keep an eye out.  THe Real SE 8.06x31.5x14 is similar but not totally the same.  Its hard to find equivalents.

I always skated this deck on thunder cast with 52s or smaller.  I think reg Venture highs would be too tall for the tail length, but vhollows/vlights are probably fine.

Thx! I skate 52 mm wheels.

Why you think ventures are too tall for that tail length ?
what length would be best in your opinion?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 08:05:35 AM by SlapMcKracken »

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 579
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 08:03:43 AM »
In terms of specs, this Toy Machine deck comes super close but idk which woodshop they're using nowadays

https://www.tactics.com/toy-machine/fists-813-skateboard-deck/natural

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 313
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 08:12:33 AM »

Frog 8.0 x 32.0 WB 14.0
Venture 5.2 Hi V-lights

Frog 8" has 14" wb, nice length overall with round nose and tail. I don't know the length of the tail, but it definitely does not have a short tail. My setup now is slightly different and it wasn't hard to adjust to. i'm on cast plates now and riding 14.25" wb

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 02:03:56 PM »
@fatguy92 thanks! Looks good!

@notinternetfamous

What deck are you riding now?

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 02:06:18 PM »
I love this model. I had it on anti hero. Real have released this oval series once again this spring, so you will have the chance to buy some more from them. I see the Real SE 8.06 is kind of similar as suggested above. I have seen some Cleaver decks to have  similar dimensions https://cleaverskateboards.com/products/bucchieri-topo-orange-1
edit: check the other cleaver decks on the site, it seems most of their 8 and 8.125 from the last drops are with 7 nose, 6.56 tail and 14 wb which is gonna be quite similar to the dlx shape

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 06:10:59 PM »
I love this model. I had it on anti hero. Real have released this oval series once again this spring, so you will have the chance to buy some more from them. I see the Real SE 8.06 is kind of similar as suggested above. I have seen some Cleaver decks to have  similar dimensions https://cleaverskateboards.com/products/bucchieri-topo-orange-1
edit: check the other cleaver decks on the site, it seems most of their 8 and 8.125 from the last drops are with 7 nose, 6.56 tail and 14 wb which is gonna be quite similar to the dlx shape

Thanks! Looks good!

notinternetfamous

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 07:52:22 AM »
@notinternetfamous

baker 8.0
venture 5.6 ti hanger w/ cast plates

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2022, 11:18:50 AM »
Expand Quote
@notinternetfamous
[close]
Expand Quote

baker 8.0
venture 5.6 ti hanger w/ cast plates
[close]

You don’t feel a difference with that short tail and ventures ?
Baker 8.0 are about 6.375 I think

notinternetfamous

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 12:32:29 PM »

well yea I do feel the difference, but like I said earlier, it wasn't hard to adjust to my current setup. The only brand that I've tried and didn't like with Ventures were FA/Hockey (that's my opinion and others seem to skate just fine on Ventures so you just gotta see for yourself). I'd rather skate the Baker even though FA have smaller WB's which I like, I can't get down with the steep nose.

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure the short tail on the Baker would feel crazy to me if I ran the forged plates.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2022, 02:08:02 PM »
Skated the DLX 8.06x14.38x31.8 on Indys and 52mms ad nauseum. Skated a 8.0 14wb shop board with mellow kicks and was pretty chuffed so I tried an 8.06 Real full SE. I like the fuller nose but the chuff was gone, found it very hard to skate. Went back to my original 8.06 14.38wb but they weren’t the same, nose felt tiny and leverage seemed out of whack for my 5’10” frame.

Enter the Anti hero 8.12x14.25WBx32L. Happy medium with a nice full nose. Can’t wait for another

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well yea I do feel the difference, but like I said earlier, it wasn't hard to adjust to my current setup. The only brand that I've tried and didn't like with Ventures were FA/Hockey (that's my opinion and others seem to skate just fine on Ventures so you just gotta see for yourself). I'd rather skate the Baker even though FA have smaller WB's which I like, I can't get down with the steep nose.

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure the short tail on the Baker would feel crazy to me if I ran the forged plates.

What’s so different with forged plates? Hollow v‘s got forged right ?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 03:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

forged extends the wb a little bit more than the cast. i forget the amount, but if you search the venture thread it'll turn up a few times

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1940
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2022, 05:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

forged extends the wb a little bit more than the cast. i forget the amount, but if you search the venture thread it'll turn up a few times

Venture Cast - +3.25" to WB
Venture Forged - +3.4 - 3.5" to WB
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 05:06:13 AM »
Oh damn. Good to know. What about lows?

So v hollows might feel heavier than average cast ventures ?

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2022, 06:35:21 AM »

The lows are perfect on 14 wb. This is like a golden standard  hehe :)
I have skated the AH 8.12/3138/14 on v-hollows and it was also super good, but when tried them on longer wb and the board felt a little heavier and i  started rocket flipping. Haven't tried the cast Hi, but i guess it is ok for 14 wb and heavy for the longer wb decks. Check ben degors videos on the venture trucks. He has covered the lows, the His and the v-hollows. Very good videos.
If you skate smooth plazas (small wheels), ledges, manny pads, the lows are the shit. The v-hollows are also super good but a bit pricey. They permits a bit bigger wheels and give you better turning coz of the height and you can skate them everywhere.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2022, 07:20:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I have skated the AH 8.12/3138/14 on v-hollows and it was also super good, but when tried them on longer wb and the board felt a little heavier and i  started rocket flipping. Haven't tried the cast Hi, but i guess it is ok for 14 wb and heavy for the longer wb decks. Check ben degors videos on the venture trucks. He has covered the lows, the His and the v-hollows. Very good videos.
If you skate smooth plazas (small wheels), ledges, manny pads, the lows are the shit. The v-hollows are also super good but a bit pricey. They permits a bit bigger wheels and give you better turning coz of the height and you can skate them everywhere.

You really feel a difference when skating 14.25 with venture v hollows? Ok. Crazy.

Anybody knows if the oval team logos have the same shape as the full se‘s?
Asking cause I saw an old real insta post and they said :

Pressed on scaled molds built off real full size decks.“

I‘m confused.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2022, 06:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

You really feel a difference when skating 14.25 with venture v hollows? Ok. Crazy.

Anybody knows if the oval team logos have the same shape as the full se‘s?
Asking cause I saw an old real insta post and they said :

Pressed on scaled molds built off real full size decks.“

I‘m confused.

I think as someone else said, but also to clarify, when they said "full size" they meant normal adult size dimensions for boards in regular shapes, not the FULL or Full SE shape boards.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.