Author Topic: Paris  (Read 1686 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Paris
« on: March 29, 2023, 06:03:50 PM »
Yo PALS, planning to go to Paris alone beginning of May.  Plan to skate Republique and eat a lot.  Can't speak a lick of french and not really sure what I'm in for.  I was there once like 13 years ago for about a day and got ripped off, ate pizza, and skated.  What kind of foreign food should I eat except for Vietmanese.  We have good Vietmanese food in USA so not looking to eat that.  I'm staying in Oberkampf and Montmartre.  Any good skateparks near there?  Good bars or art museums that aren't boring old relics?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
Re: Paris
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 10:25:55 PM »
There are already a few threads on Paris. Republique is nice but can get crowded. Why goto skateparks when the skreets abound with spots? I suck but hada lot of fun at Quai de la Rapée, there are those square low flatbars by the river Seine and usually there‘s no one else.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 12:58:29 AM »
Lol at "Vietmanese". Hope you have fun, I have no reccommendations, but might be there early June. So will watch this thread. A few friends of mine have had poor experiences in Paris but had a good time in Lyon, Bordeaux and Marseille.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 07:51:19 AM »
There are already a few threads on Paris. Republique is nice but can get crowded. Why goto skateparks when the skreets abound with spots? I suck but hada lot of fun at Quai de la Rapée, there are those square low flatbars by the river Seine and usually there‘s no one else.

Ya i saw the other threads but they are pretty old so maybe someone had something fresh to say.  Parks can be fun if they are well located.  I saw there's kind of a random one in an alley called Skate Park Léon Cladel.  I've seen people mention Place d'Italie.  What is the spot there?  Right now I just have Republique and Palais Tokyo saved.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 02:48:27 AM »
Lol at "Vietmanese". Hope you have fun, I have no reccommendations, but might be there early June. So will watch this thread. A few friends of mine have had poor experiences in Paris but had a good time in Lyon, Bordeaux and Marseille.

Lyon is the business
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 06:29:02 AM »
Place d'Italie main bank-to-rail spot is gone which used to be the main appeal but all the streets in that neighborhood have plenty to offer still.

If in casual mode you should try and go to Créteil for a day, Jameel Douglas line at 4:00, brick bank spot around 1:10 is also nearby:

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 11:20:50 AM »
Bastille is a good chill spot with curbs, long manual pad and ledges

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 09:20:38 AM »
Thanks I'll check out bastille for sure.  Has anyone successfully brought a board on an airplane as a carry on from France?  I failed like 10 years ago and the internet seems to confirm that it's not going to be possible.  I'd rather leave my board behind then pay $150 to check a bag.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 10:35:21 AM »
Thanks I'll check out bastille for sure.  Has anyone successfully brought a board on an airplane as a carry on from France?  I failed like 10 years ago and the internet seems to confirm that it's not going to be possible.  I'd rather leave my board behind then pay $150 to check a bag.

Bring trucks/wheels/hardware etc. in a checked bag using whatever cheap option is available (usually deck dimensions are the problem), then buy a shop deck whilst on location. At least that's what I do. Maybe don't try and take your trucks directly with you on the plane just in case some security dude decides they're weapons and bins them (most likely to happen with Krepers). Some good shops downtown are Nozbone (close to République), Vega or maybe you could even visit @BALARGUE 's shop if ever in the southwestern suburbs.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 11:11:35 AM »
I'm not checking a bag at all.  I'm planning to buy new wheels at Nozbone.  I have a pretty much brand new deck too so if I can't bring it home, I'll be a bit pissed.

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 11:45:05 AM »
I'm not checking a bag at all.  I'm planning to buy new wheels at Nozbone.  I have a pretty much brand new deck too so if I can't bring it home, I'll be a bit pissed.

When I went I just brought trucks and wheels and hardware and bought a nozbone deck there . I was able to tie it to my duffel bag for the flight home and I didn’t have any issues.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2023, 02:01:41 PM »
I made a sock cover for my deck before flying to Paris last year . I was able to then carry it on pretty stealthily by putting a sweatshirt over my shoulder hanging it over the board when I would board any plane . I ended flying 11 times with my board , either stashed under my seat , or put in the overhead bin with my bag .

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2023, 04:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bring trucks/wheels/hardware etc. in a checked bag using whatever cheap option is available (usually deck dimensions are the problem), then buy a shop deck whilst on location. At least that's what I do. Maybe don't try and take your trucks directly with you on the plane just in case some security dude decides they're weapons and bins them (most likely to happen with Krepers). Some good shops downtown are Nozbone (close to République), Vega or maybe you could even visit @BALARGUE 's shop if ever in the southwestern suburbs.

Thanks @silhouette  :-*

@chockfullofthat feel free to hit me up, my shop's just outside of the ring in the southwest, a bit far from most known spots but i'll be pleased to give you directions for anything ;)

heinzketchup

• Rep: 55
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2023, 11:52:42 AM »
Hi, im in Paris right now and im looking for this Spot

Any help appereciated, im with my girl and dont have that mich time to skate, so i dont wanna waste it with spot searching for too long.

Peace guys

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2023, 02:42:45 AM »
well you have everything in this clip (close to Notre Dame on the other side of the river  8) )

Between Pont de l'Archevêché and Pont de la Tournelle (on the south bank)

the exact address should be: 2 Quai de la Tournelle, 75005 Paris
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 03:52:17 AM by BALARGUE »

heinzketchup

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2023, 05:41:59 AM »
well you have everything in this clip (close to Notre Dame on the other side of the river  8) )

Between Pont de l'Archevêché and Pont de la Tournelle (on the south bank)

the exact address should be: 2 Quai de la Tournelle, 75005 Paris

Thank you so much

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2023, 12:38:08 PM »
Try a few weeks of Duolingo or something to learn a few French phrases. People are a lot nicer to you if you k ow even just a tiny lick of the language

heinzketchup

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2023, 11:53:39 PM »
Todays my last day and i have to say people where really friendly and im in love with the City, will try to come back soon and skate way more.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2024, 02:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

@chockfullofthat feel free to hit me up, my shop's just outside of the ring in the southwest, a bit far from most known spots but i'll be pleased to give you directions for anything ;)

hey does your shop has a website ?
check my music

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 02:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Its called the same as his user name:

https://balargueskateshop.com/

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 02:56:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks !

@dallou i was actually taking my time to reply (i was working on updating the website for the sale period which started yesterday  8) )

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 03:21:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks !

@dallou i was actually taking my time to reply (i was working on updating the website for the sale period which started yesterday  8) )

I figured as much (website/busy with sales) and was going to mention it. Hopefully can hit my local tonight after work to see what sales he has going! Hope its not too cold up there @BALARGUE

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 09:09:13 AM »
it's cold but it's alright ;)

you're in Annecy or Grenoble ?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 09:38:58 AM »

38 !

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2024, 08:34:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

38 !

your local is ABS ?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2024, 09:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

38 !
[close]

your local is ABS ?

Oui, Fred rules! I hope your shop is doing good, down here things are slow...very slow I'm told. :-(

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2024, 11:53:26 AM »
I thought about moving to Grenoble last year but it did not happen
check my music

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2024, 05:05:02 AM »
 :(

Where are you coming from? I love it here.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 08:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

38 !
[close]

your local is ABS ?
[close]

Oui, Fred rules! I hope your shop is doing good, down here things are slow...very slow I'm told. :-(

Fred is the boss (RIP Soma) and i'm heavily entertained by Colucheese and Arno
but yeah most if not all shops are on slow mode for a while now... it's getting tricky

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2024, 08:35:24 AM »
:(
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you coming from? I love it here.

Lille but we re looking in Toulouse now but who knows
check my music