Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 235734 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2280 on: February 21, 2023, 10:21:22 AM »
I’m gonna have to give it at least another season….

Never said fancy is a bad thing….but our baselines are pants designed to build things in….feel free to recommend another adjective…..

sadnocomply

• Rep: 138
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2281 on: February 23, 2023, 12:27:11 PM »
Light blue polar grund chinos at midnight. Polar skate co best fitting pants by far

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2282 on: February 23, 2023, 04:08:22 PM »
Light blue polar grund chinos at midnight. Polar skate co best fitting pants by far

When does the Polar trend die? Skateboarders are the most jaded people on earth but will wear pants called “big boys” and pants that say “Dickies Skateboarding”. I can’t be the only one who thinks these two things are wack. Nothing against Dickies but the “skateboarding” part on all product is comical.

FirstTimeCaller411

« Reply #2283 on: February 23, 2023, 04:12:21 PM »

When does the Polar trend die? Skateboarders are the most jaded people on earth but will wear pants called “big boys” and pants that say “Dickies Skateboarding”. I can’t be the only one who thinks these two things are wack. Nothing against Dickies but the “skateboarding” part on all product is comical.

FirstTimeCaller411

« Reply #2284 on: February 23, 2023, 04:08:45 PM »

FirstTimeCaller411

« Reply #2285 on: February 23, 2023, 04:09:54 PM »

FirstTimeCaller411

« Reply #2286 on: February 23, 2023, 04:11:13 PM »

FirstTimeCaller411

« Reply #2287 on: February 23, 2023, 04:13:17 PM »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #2288 on: February 23, 2023, 04:31:02 PM »
I just got a pair of the Polar Railway chinos on sale and damn are these joints baggy. I sized up since they were out of my usual size and I think that's what did me in. They're almost too baggy for my taste but they're made of a nice lightweight material that feels like it'll be nice for summer.

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2289 on: February 23, 2023, 05:19:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not sure if you’re asking me since you quoted me but I don’t wear dickies nor do I wear big boys so idk what to tell ya. This is the loose fit pants thread, I was merely stating polar is dropping a new colorway of a popular loose pant that fits and looks a lot better than their huge pants.

FirstTimeCaller411

« Reply #2290 on: February 24, 2023, 07:06:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
not sure if you’re asking me since you quoted me but I don’t wear dickies nor do I wear big boys so idk what to tell ya. This is the loose fit pants thread, I was merely stating polar is dropping a new colorway of a popular loose pant that fits and looks a lot better than their huge pants.

Oh no, I wasn’t firing any shots at you. Just branching off of the Polar post and got me thinking.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2291 on: February 24, 2023, 10:04:46 AM »
Don’t you think this thread is hyper focused and not necessarily what everyone is doing.  Ie getting something that fits ok from a thrift store and moving on?

Maybe when I see guys in hard hats running Big Boys we can burn it all down and wear culottes….

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #2292 on: February 24, 2023, 10:13:58 AM »
I've never found anything interesting at the gross thrift stores here. They're selling used underwear at the salvation army it's pretty rough.

I corned it up and ordered a pair of Levi's "skate baggy" jeans or whatever they're called. I like how they don't have the big brown Levis's tag on the back. Got them with a white pocket tee for an okay deal of $100 CAD total with some promotion deals. New uniform en route.

I'm hoping they're heavier/stronger denim than these stupid 550s I have. I put a hole in them near the waist when I was angrily putting them on, ha... My thumb went right through but I didn't even notice at the time.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 10:23:09 AM by Steely Daniel »

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2293 on: February 24, 2023, 10:26:39 AM »
I like Mark's fit here. Guessing the jeans are Supreme, and I'm thinking he's a 36" waist with short legs. I'm 34" with a 33" inseam, more for folding up the hem. Had a look at Uniqlo and their 34" loose jeans have a 31.5" inseam, which ain't enough. Universal Works military chino/jeans a good, here in the UK, but a bit expensive for me. Any thoughts on jeans/chinos with a long leg length, a bit of taper, and a not too wide hem opening? Dickies are too short, and too wide at hem for me. 

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2294 on: February 24, 2023, 10:31:10 AM »
I like Mark's fit here. Guessing the jeans are Supreme, and I'm thinking he's a 36" waist with short legs. I'm 34" with a 33" inseam, more for folding up the hem. Had a look at Uniqlo and their 34" loose jeans have a 31.5" inseam, which ain't enough. Universal Works military chino/jeans a good, here in the UK, but a bit expensive for me. Any thoughts on jeans/chinos with a long leg length, a bit of taper, and a not too wide hem opening? Dickies are too short, and too wide at hem for me. 

The wide fit work pants from Uniqlo are actually pretty decent length wise. I wear a 36x34 usually and the XL size fits me really well. They have a bit of taper too

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2295 on: February 24, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The wide fit work pants from Uniqlo are actually pretty decent length wise. I wear a 36x34 usually and the XL size fits me really well. They have a bit of taper too

Cool. I might have to pop into a shop, see what they've got, and try things on. These are the ones I was loooking at. 8.5" hem, but stops at 31.5" inseam for every size over 33". https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/wide-leg-jeans-455475.html?dwvar_455475_color=COL68&dwvar_455475_size=INS028 And Supreme jeans are also too short.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2296 on: February 24, 2023, 12:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Cool. I might have to pop into a shop, see what they've got, and try things on. These are the ones I was loooking at. 8.5" hem, but stops at 31.5" inseam for every size over 33". https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/wide-leg-jeans-455475.html?dwvar_455475_color=COL68&dwvar_455475_size=INS028 And Supreme jeans are also too short.

Yeah I definitely recommend trying them on. The ones you linked I also found really short. These are the ones that I find fit really well and run a lot longer.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E455498-000/00?colorDisplayCode=66&sizeDisplayCode=006

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2297 on: February 24, 2023, 12:48:58 PM »
I’m 5’9, bought 31x32’s and they are not too short…1-.5 rolls.

In the US, someone posted a tall fit.

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2298 on: February 26, 2023, 10:45:18 AM »
Big boy sizing??

32 waist, 5’11 - I would assume either a medium or a small?

Or if someone wants to talk me out of buying some that would be much appreciated. Tactics have some in stock with easy free returns, so I almost want to order some just to scratch the itch of trendy-ness.

NoochSauce

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2299 on: February 26, 2023, 12:49:05 PM »
Found the reissued Loose Silvertabs at Kohls on sale for $45. Check your local Kohls

sadnocomply

Pasta Monster

« Reply #2301 on: March 04, 2023, 06:15:37 PM »
these are not loose pants at all. These belong in the skinny thread
My bad, I just now saw that it’s slim through the thigh and straight through the legs. I was looking for loose selvage denim and got excited when I saw the price…just going to wait until someone posts about Uniqlo being in stock.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -430
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2302 on: March 04, 2023, 09:44:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh no, I wasn’t firing any shots at you. Just branching off of the Polar post and got me thinking.
Naw man, they’re amazing pants. Polar jeans look good but aren’t durable but grund chinos are fucking amazing, wearing a pair right now. Got mine for $45 off mtld but if you can get them for like $60 definitely try. Just really amazing light denim, doesn’t feel as heavy as jeans but is weirdly durable. Feel weird plugging them so hard but they’re just a great skate pant and you can get them on heavy sale

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2303 on: March 05, 2023, 07:15:31 PM »
Polar blazed the trail to the point where they’ve become the standard, guys that skate for other companies buy their jeans, that’s an accomplishment.  They aren’t mass produced like companies traded on the stock market so they cost more money……I’m not mad at it…..

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1087
« Reply #2304 on: March 06, 2023, 05:13:32 AM »
these are not loose pants at all. These belong in the skinny thread

Also, usually any “Factory” stuff from the big brands is just their incredibly subpar outlet mall quality shit.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

my bad cuh

« Reply #2305 on: March 06, 2023, 05:45:55 AM »
if you dont really care about ethics check out the h&m loose and baggy fits, i just got a pair and they seem to be nice and big and comfortable even though they're tts
kinda feel bad about the labor part but i didnt buy them
will post a picture when i get a second

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2306 on: March 10, 2023, 07:37:09 AM »
does anyone own the Noah pleated jeans?  or have suggestions for another brand that makes pleated jeans?

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2307 on: March 10, 2023, 07:41:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

i agree, big boys are over top baggy imo.. there is however polar 93, which in your true size, will fit pretty damn perfect. loose enough but not gigantic, highly recommend them if you want a pant thats gonna be a timeless classic outlasting gigantic pants trends.

theories plaza denim are a little baggier but also a good alternative. theories distro rocks.

pants made by skaters is a good thing. variety is good for me because i like loose 5 pocket jeans, otherwise id be stuck wearing carhartts only lol.
Ain’t nothing wrong with them carhartt pants. I’ve been stuck on the rugged flex work pants

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #2308 on: March 10, 2023, 08:32:54 AM »
does anyone own the Noah pleated jeans?  or have suggestions for another brand that makes pleated jeans?
Never had the Noahs before but I've heard really good things about the Polar Grund chinos. I have a pair of Loutres that are pleated denim and super baggy. They're my favorite pair of jeans but they're expensive and you might have to wait for their next drop to get a pair.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2309 on: March 10, 2023, 10:11:53 AM »

Huf Cromer jeans are pleated. I can't vouch for the Noah ones, but the Cromers are nice. Nice and loose in the thighs/crotch, but they cinch a bit at the waist because of the pleats and come to a nice taper at the leg opening. Wish the pockets were a little deeper, but they're a really nice fit for me.