Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 985160 times)

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7230 on: January 01, 2022, 09:12:08 AM »
- Spitfire F4 Conical Fulls 54mm 99a
- Quantum Isotope Ceramics

Reed Richards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #7231 on: January 01, 2022, 10:32:41 AM »

Picked this up at Endless Grind while on a trip.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #7232 on: January 01, 2022, 11:26:15 AM »
Expand Quote
got a doa box, boards & sweats for days
[close]

Mystery box? I got two decks and a tape measure  :D Ive already used the tape measure like 3 times haha

lol that's awesome, yeah the hundo mystery box. if you were on the fence about the apparel, scoop up some hoodies if they are still available b/c they are super comfy. also, i think someone else got 4 decks in their mystery box??

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #7233 on: January 01, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Independent_Inverted_Kingpin_Baseplate_Set_2/descpage-INIVPBPS.html

Bought these and some pivot cups with a digital Visa. They come to $20 after the 22% off holiday sale.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #7234 on: January 01, 2022, 06:01:33 PM »

Picked this up at Endless Grind while on a trip.

Hot

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7235 on: January 01, 2022, 07:38:24 PM »
Just got the state fred gall shoes. Seems really low quality but I just wanted them because of freddy. Gonna use them for work.
And also my first pair of krux DLK kingpins, pushing the truck madness to the next level!

Edit: The size on these shoes is extremely off. No matter the company, I can always wear US 8.5 without problem, but these are huge for some reason. They're just too long
I picked the black and gum matt rodriguez slip ons. I Like supporting the company and get compliments on them but yea, quality isn’t there. Won’t stop me from getting another pair of states.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7236 on: January 02, 2022, 01:49:17 PM »
I know I’m a habitual offender in this thread, but I’ve always loved the Keith Meek Slasher graphic and the Jeff Kendall Atomic Man graphic. BTW these aren’t for collecting purposes; I’ll skate them eventually
fuck you bama

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7237 on: January 02, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »
I know I’m a habitual offender in this thread, but I’ve always loved the Keith Meek Slasher graphic and the Jeff Kendall Atomic Man graphic. BTW these aren’t for collecting purposes; I’ll skate them eventually

That is rad though.

You can get them to look at and enjoy for a bit, then before you get sick of looking at them, you can skate them too.

Best of both worlds?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7238 on: January 02, 2022, 08:00:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is rad though.

You can get them to look at and enjoy for a bit, then before you get sick of looking at them, you can skate them too.

Best of both worlds?
it’s cool to have boards in your collection, but I always wind up skating the shaped ones eventually. They look too cool to just let hang on the wall
fuck you bama

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7239 on: January 02, 2022, 08:28:55 PM »
These definitely look like some kids shoes, but they were on sale for under $30 Canadian. I think it's because they were the last pair, but the other colourways are still selling on the same site for 80-90 so idk what's up with their pricing.

I also bought some Blazers for 40% off, which is as good of a deal as I'm gonna get on these.

FUBAR

• Rep: 237
« Reply #7240 on: January 03, 2022, 04:43:15 AM »
Just ordered a set of 6.1 Ventures. This means I will have a set of new 5.8s and these. Which do I want to put on my 8.5? Now I can try them both and see for myself.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1087
« Reply #7241 on: January 03, 2022, 06:09:16 AM »
Just ordered a set of 6.1 Ventures. This means I will have a set of new 5.8s and these. Which do I want to put on my 8.5? Now I can try them both and see for myself.

5.8 in the front, 6.1 on the back.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #7242 on: January 03, 2022, 07:19:02 AM »
got a poetic collective skateboard bag and it’s a lifesaver in this january weather. i think theres hella similar ones out there on aliexpress or something but this was readily avalible to me where i live.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 102
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #7243 on: January 03, 2022, 08:37:09 AM »
Some 53mm Speedlab wheels
Cocteau Twins

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7244 on: January 03, 2022, 02:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That is rad though.

Best of both worlds?
[close]
it’s cool to have boards in your collection, but I always wind up skating the shaped ones eventually. They look too cool to just let hang on the wall

At the end of the day, they are skateboards, meant to be skated.

I have clashed with some people in the past who are so against skating some of the limited editions, or even shop owners who instantly add another zero to the price, so yeah sure they have a number on them and someone somewhere will probably pay a lot more than they cost at RRP, but with everything "Grosso" or others nowdays who have been saving up and now unloading boards at up to ten times the price of them, just to have someone hang them or put them away in a box, just seems like a waste.

In saying that, once you buy a board, you can do whatever you like with it, but if I am buying a board, it is with the purpose to some day set up and skate, if not right now, at least that is the plan.

Even I have some sentimental graphics I have kept so sure I have those boards around, but they were bought with the intention to ride.

Reminds me of Ignition shop and some others who had posted on Instagram that they will only sell Grosso boards at RRP to people who will set them up in the shop and skate them, otherwise they are double, with profit going to Oliver.

That was pretty cool.

* Sorry, that hadn't meant to come out like a rant, but I guess I am stoked on your boards and brought back memories of funny people I have had dealings with in the past about boards.

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #7245 on: January 03, 2022, 02:32:01 PM »
Just ordered some Spitfire 54mm 80HDs for my spare Indies + 8.0 popsicle. I figure that I can create a cruiser board that i can just do ollies / basics on for fun. 54mm seems to be the perfect size for that

JJ_Skates

• Rep: 15
« Reply #7246 on: January 03, 2022, 09:06:02 PM »
Zero Ransom and Zero Cole Ripper.
Both 8.5 with a 14.5 wb. Around 32 inches long if I remember right. Just setup the Cole deck on some royal trucks and conical fulls tonight. I have a steep concave Enjoi coming in that I think I'm gonna make into my "tech board".

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #7247 on: January 04, 2022, 09:46:33 AM »
In addition to the aforementioned Polar P2 I caved in on some more post xmas sales. Shop was having all remaining stock for -50% so I copped some 53mm 99A F4 Classics, random Mosaic bearings and Nike SB Adversary Premiums. I’ve had a sick fascination with the Adversarys, they look so lame and so comfy…
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #7248 on: January 06, 2022, 04:01:33 AM »

Usually I buy my Busenitz at my local but they didn‘t have my size so I googled and found these at another shop in Switzerland. Never saw that colorway. They were on sale but I guess I would have even copped them if they weren‘t. They look great in person too.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7249 on: January 06, 2022, 05:32:35 AM »
got a poetic collective skateboard bag and it’s a lifesaver in this january weather. i think theres hella similar ones out there on aliexpress or something but this was readily avalible to me where i live.

I’ve never seen these, so cool! Thanks for sharing/inspo.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 550
« Reply #7250 on: January 06, 2022, 07:02:56 AM »
Just ordered some Spitfire 54mm 80HDs for my spare Indies + 8.0 popsicle. I figure that I can create a cruiser board that i can just do ollies / basics on for fun. 54mm seems to be the perfect size for that

Spitfire 80HDs are terrible IMO. If you want something you can use for a cruiser and still ollie with, OJ Keyframes are the best, with Ricta clouds in second.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 178
« Reply #7251 on: January 06, 2022, 08:06:40 AM »
Just got these for the wall today. Hammers came in the mail. A mate was buying a board from the local this afternoon before a skate  and couldn’t pass up on the
 krooked

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7252 on: January 06, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »
Just got these for the wall today. Hammers came in the mail.

A mate was buying a board from the local this afternoon before a skate  and couldn’t pass up on the krooked

That Gerwer is so good!!

I was initially thinking I would have no chance of getting one, but I guess they knew a lot of people would be keen on that one, hence the high number of production.

A couple of other Krooked Guest boards were only in the few hundreds.

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #7253 on: January 06, 2022, 07:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote

A mate was buying a board from the local this afternoon before a skate  and couldn’t pass up on the krooked
[close]

That Gerwer is so good!!

I was initially thinking I would have no chance of getting one, but I guess they knew a lot of people would be keen on that one, hence the high number of production.

I’m in Perth Western Australian and thought I had no chance of getting one when I saw the release so was very surprised when I seen it hanging on the wall at the shop. Was a no brainer to grab it.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7254 on: January 06, 2022, 08:41:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That Gerwer is so good!!

[close]

I’m in Perth Western Australian and thought I had no chance of getting one when I saw the release so was very surprised when I seen it hanging on the wall at the shop. Was a no brainer to grab it.

Beyond Skate shop?

I used to go in there every time I went over to Perth for work, from about 2007 to 2017, but I know Momentum, 1991 and other places all have good stock too.

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #7255 on: January 06, 2022, 08:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That Gerwer is so good!!

[close]

[close]

Beyond Skate shop?

I used to go in there every time I went over to Perth for work, from about 2007 to 2017, but I know Momentum, 1991 and other places all have good stock too.

Yeah was from beyond man

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #7256 on: January 06, 2022, 09:23:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spitfire 80HDs are terrible IMO. If you want something you can use for a cruiser and still ollie with, OJ Keyframes are the best, with Ricta clouds in second.

Doh! What did you not like about the 80HDs?

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #7257 on: January 07, 2022, 01:51:00 AM »

Pair of suede hi Last Resorts

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #7258 on: January 07, 2022, 04:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

To help with my own experiences (and I am all for Spitfire, all the time on my normal setups) but the 80HD wheels were only really comfortable going in almost straight lines, for which they were nice, smooth and fairly fast over pretty much everything. 

I ride fairly loose trucks, Indy usually but also have some of everything setup, so my trucks turn and I carve a fair bit, so this is where I start to have a problem with these wheels, as once I am into the carve, it is almost like the speed is sucked completely out and they feel like they are almost tipping over (as if the soft outer part of the wheel is coming off the harder core), to the point where if I am not watching out for that feeling, I get thrown off the board. 

Apart from that, they skate well as a cruiser wheel, but because of the lack of being able to carve turn easily, I really don't skate the half a dozen sets I have and couple of boards I still have them on, because if I forget, it is not fun.

The weird thing is it never happens on other soft wheels, like OJs, Ricta Clouds, or similar duros in other misc brands, as I can power round a pump track or through the city and not lose speed or have any carving issues on almost every other wheel in the same range.

This might also be why others don't like them, but for the most part, they skate fine from A to B over almost any normal terrain and are still a good size to pop an ollie up a curb or do similar things that are harder on massive soft wheels like those Satori big balls or whatever they were (60mm+) and similar sized wheels.

I am curious to hear what you think of them once you have them set up too, but don't mean to put you off them, by any means.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #7259 on: January 07, 2022, 05:17:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

To help with my own experiences (and I am all for Spitfire, all the time on my normal setups) but the 80HD wheels were only really comfortable going in almost straight lines, for which they were nice, smooth and fairly fast over pretty much everything. 

I ride fairly loose trucks, Indy usually but also have some of everything setup, so my trucks turn and I carve a fair bit, so this is where I start to have a problem with these wheels, as once I am into the carve, it is almost like the speed is sucked completely out and they feel like they are almost tipping over (as if the soft outer part of the wheel is coming off the harder core), to the point where if I am not watching out for that feeling, I get thrown off the board. 

Apart from that, they skate well as a cruiser wheel, but because of the lack of being able to carve turn easily, I really don't skate the half a dozen sets I have and couple of boards I still have them on, because if I forget, it is not fun.

The weird thing is it never happens on other soft wheels, like OJs, Ricta Clouds, or similar duros in other misc brands, as I can power round a pump track or through the city and not lose speed or have any carving issues on almost every other wheel in the same range.

This might also be why others don't like them, but for the most part, they skate fine from A to B over almost any normal terrain and are still a good size to pop an ollie up a curb or do similar things that are harder on massive soft wheels like those Satori big balls or whatever they were (60mm+) and similar sized wheels.

I am curious to hear what you think of them once you have them set up too, but don't mean to put you off them, by any means.

Seriously appreciate the write up as well as what you didn’t like about the wheels. Sucks to hear but maybe my luck and use case will be different. Been under the weather so wasn’t able to try these out just yet but will definitely keep you posted on my thoughts on it.

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!