Author Topic: DO YOU MISS STEVE BERRA?  (Read 25414 times)

georgethecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
Re: DO YOU MISS STEVE BERRA?
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »
one time Berra came to the spot and introduced himself to every skater one by one. "Hi, I'm Steve," he said as he shook our hands. It was strange. He didn't bring his board.

Steve Berra, Berra Refrigeration.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2021, 08:32:48 PM »
Now he’s back I realized I didn’t miss him  :'(

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2021, 08:50:31 PM »
That Dylan story is older than time. Next we’re gonna be recapping AO and Koston’s beef

pro club blanks

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2021, 09:04:02 PM »
To be honest, I kind of want this one board of his as a wall hanger for reasons.

Thats a rad little dude on there, like a hedgehog or badger

Im fucking with it, id hang that board and white out over steves name and pretend alien gave a small animal a pro model

chrisskates808

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2021, 12:28:53 AM »
That Dylan story is older than time. Next we’re gonna be recapping AO and Koston’s beef

Now I remember that there was a drama with Olson and koston but I forgot the details. Correct me if I’m wrong but was it something about Alex talking smack about the berrics?

blackgriptape

• Rep: -13
  • All Hail Cardiel!
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2023, 03:02:06 PM »
Once upon a time, Steve Berra made some significant contributions to skateboarding.

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2023, 03:23:24 PM »
That’s a cockroach

Nah dude, that's a dickroach.
RIP Ben Raemers

blackgriptape

• All Hail Cardiel!
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2023, 03:34:30 PM »
¨Steve Berra, Berra Refrigeration.¨ Classic!

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2023, 03:44:07 PM »
Where are you
And I’m so sorry
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2023, 03:52:47 PM »
Once upon a time, Steve Berra made some significant contributions to skateboarding.
Steve, you're back.  I am surprised your rep isn't lower yet.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2023, 03:53:34 PM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2023, 04:24:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Now I remember that there was a drama with Olson and koston but I forgot the details. Correct me if I’m wrong but was it something about Alex talking smack about the berrics?

no not never, and you shouldn't too

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 306
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2023, 04:35:39 PM »
fuck that guy

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2023, 04:45:00 PM »

his rolling thunder part is fucking amazing

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2023, 06:48:11 PM »
You know what would be sick. See if Steve can kicky back t still. I would love to see a backside flip if possible
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2023, 11:45:03 PM »
Opening this thread page made me realize I miss @georgethecat. Always enjoyed their posts

ASS FAULT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2023, 05:47:49 AM »
Great!

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2023, 03:24:43 PM »
I miss Steve Berra's skateboarding, yes.
Great bs flips as everyone knows, but his style in general deserves a bit of a mention for appreciation. Even in his rare Berrics BATB or other appearances it was always nice seeing him on a board.

I don't rewatch this part often, but it's one of my favs of his. The half cab flip bs flip (that he would later go on to best in Mindfield), the 360 flip @1:56 and the ender kickflip 5050 are still great.
Roling Thunder - 1995
https://youtu.be/JM6mhcPCACM?si=2iLjWVs7XpEpA3YC

Now, a Berra part I do rewatch with a degree of frequency is his much maligned part in Skate More -2005.

https://youtu.be/OxSh4uzDLMw?si=Lj_YOA51gRAY980d

I've always been a defender of this part and won't stop anytime soon. The vitriol around the fake spots was so ridiculous (I remember seeing people decry it as duplicitous in some way) considering how open both Colin Kennedy and Berra were about it as well as the thought process behind it.
When I realised some of the spots were modified and added to how they were, I didn't feel deceived. I mean I'd already suspected the kicker to loading dock was a wooden ramp given the noise- but it all made the part more interesting to rewatch.
There's a clip with a flip nosemannual then a fs flip over a gap; the manual pad is just a plank of wood propped up by bits and pieces and doesn't have any set dressing like another manual pad in the part with some brickwork and lighting (pretty sure that one was part of the Berrics precursor). That's the one "fabricated" spot clip I dislike, and it's when it's obvious its a set up part to the spot.

Idk, I could probably waffle on about this more but instead I'll just encourage you to watch the two parts and see if you enjoy them.

blackgriptape

• All Hail Cardiel!
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2023, 03:31:54 PM »
Great bs flips as everyone knows, but his style in general deserves a bit of a mention for appreciation. Even in his rare Berrics BATB or other appearances it was always nice seeing him on a board.

I don't rewatch this part often, but it's one of my favs of his. The half cab flip bs flip (that he would later go on to best in Mindfield), the 360 flip @1:56 and the ender kickflip 5050 are still great.
Roling Thunder - 1995

Now, a Berra part I do rewatch with a degree of frequency is his much maligned part in Skate More -2005.

I've always been a defender of this part and won't stop anytime soon. The vitriol around the fake spots was so ridiculous (I remember seeing people decry it as duplicitous in some way) considering how open both Colin Kennedy and Berra were about it as well as the thought process behind it.
When I realised some of the spots were modified and added to how they were, I didn't feel deceived. I mean I'd already suspected the kicker to loading dock was a wooden ramp given the noise- but it all made the part more interesting to rewatch.
There's a clip with a flip nosemannual then a fs flip over a gap; the manual pad is just a plank of wood propped up by bits and pieces and doesn't have any set dressing like another manual pad in the part with some brickwork and lighting (pretty sure that one was part of the Berrics precursor). That's the one "fabricated" spot clip I dislike, and it's when it's obvious its a set up part to the spot.

Idk, I could probably waffle on about this more but instead I'll just encourage you to watch the two parts and see if you enjoy them.

A reasonable response.

TheDingus

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2023, 03:33:51 PM »
Stay gone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2023, 09:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Roling Thunder - 1995

[close]

A reasonable response.
I will defend his rolling thunder part till my death, but other than that he deserves all the criticism he gets (and more).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 06:03:20 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2023, 01:29:21 AM »

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -115
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2023, 06:21:02 AM »
Nobody has really got better at skateboarding since Steve Berra's Rolling Thunder part. It's good enough for a 2023 pro part.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2023, 09:58:38 AM »
i miss steve burger (he focused)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2023, 10:05:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Dawg every one on that tour if they ever met you hate you. You that dawg with the bobble heads at your desk right? You have an office and broad collection no? Fa boards? Creepy shit. And you act like being nasty online never comes back and made some enemy? I think so.

I can usually parse what you're saying through the filter of your terribly unfunny next-level irony gimmick which no one enjoys, but this time I really have no idea what you're talking about.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2023, 05:19:51 AM »
It’s as if an undiscovered 4th Kingdom of life is trying to communicate with the other 3 via SLAP. Have we discovered an AI consciousness?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2023, 07:38:21 AM »
You mean like when I’m aiming for him with my paintball gun? Yes sometimes I do.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2023, 08:08:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Dawg every one on that tour if they ever met you hate you. You that dawg with the bobble heads at your desk right? You have an office and broad collection no? Fa boards? Creepy shit. And you act like being nasty online never comes back and made some enemy? I think so.
[close]

I can usually parse what you're saying through the filter of your terribly unfunny next-level irony gimmick which no one enjoys, but this time I really have no idea what you're talking about.
[close]
Shit up dilbert. You work at a desk.

Obviously struck a nerve. Sorry to pierce the veil; you can go back to pretending to be white trash or whatever you think you're doing.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2023, 08:29:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
his rolling thunder part is fucking amazing
[close]

100%
@:54 you can catch a glimpse of the Berries GM who finally got fed up with borra's shit in 2016, sending them into a hypebeast tailspin.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2023, 11:27:34 AM »
Who?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"