Author Topic: new mexico  (Read 2723 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
new mexico
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:50 PM »
a few of my friends and i are going on a trip to santa fe/albuquerque over the weekend. we will really only have one full day to skate give or take and we want to go to a lot of good spots while we can (ditches mostly) any help would be much appreciated and will receive a gnar if you care about that sorta junk. thanks pals..

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3351
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: new mexico
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »
a few of my friends and i are going on a trip to santa fe/albuquerque over the weekend. we will really only have one full day to skate give or take and we want to go to a lot of good spots while we can (ditches mostly) any help would be much appreciated and will receive a gnar if you care about that sorta junk. thanks pals..

There are a couple great ditches in the NE heights. One's just north-west of Indian School Rd and Tramway and the other is by a park behind Dion's pizza on Montgomery...El Oso Grande Park is the name of it.

Also, there's a great, kind-of aggro neighborhood ditch behind the houses on Sierra Larga Drive. Put in 1200 Sierra Larga Drive NE 87112 and park on that street...find your way behind those homes.

These are all in Abq and they're all NE spots.

Also, El Dorado High School is a blast to skate (or used to be...guessing it's still good) and the UNM Campus is car-free and fun.

Have a ball, y'all! Wish I could join you.

(edit: this is all somewhat dated info, but I think it still stands)

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »
eat at Cafe Pasquals

http://www.pasquals.com
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »
prolly this won't help you but in belen, sorta near the BNSF yard there's a bump to flatbar that you could grind/slide as opposed to go over. it's square and fs for a regular foot. i'm always too laden w/ gear to do it but it's at the bottom of the viaduct that takes you over the train tracks.
truth or consequence has a budget but fun metal obstacled park on the river. fun to jump off the 'huck finn' style bridge into the fast moving water and boardslide the flatbar or rock the 4 foot mini. on the outskirts of town [east i believe] there's a rad ditch w/ perfect bank to wall.
my flagstaff friends found a town, i think it has 'silver' in the name, for anyways they described the whole place as amazing for skating [park and natural terrain].

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:12:08 PM »
we decided to do this trip another time when we will have more than a few days off and can spend more time skating but, thanks very much for all of the spots. i'll save this for when we make our trip.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
christ
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »
Hi, I'm moving to Alburquerque at the end of the summer and would appreciate any info on life there in general: what part of town is good and cheap to live in, good+cheap eateries, good+cheap bookstores, things to do that are good and cheap.

You can see where the emphasis is here, I'm mostly into human-powered modes of divertisment.

thanks for any info.

The Shogun

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »
Hi, I'm moving to Alburquerque at the end of the summer and would appreciate any info on life there in general: what part of town is good and cheap to live in, good+cheap eateries, good+cheap bookstores, things to do that are good and cheap.

You can see where the emphasis is here, I'm mostly into human-powered modes of divertisment.

thanks for any info.

Whats bringing you out to Albuquerque? I've been looking into it for myself but need to check it out first.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »

Whats bringing you out to Albuquerque? I've been looking into it for myself but need to check it out first.

Without getting into it too much, Alburquerque is one of three terrestrial points of geographic/geologic/energetic confluence, creating what in layman's terms you might call a "centre of power" or "interdimensional portal".
I also heard UNM has a nice library.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
New Mexico, Old Mexico, it's all fuckin' shit.

The Shogun

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Without getting into it too much, Alburquerque is one of three terrestrial points of geographic/geologic/energetic confluence, creating what in layman's terms you might call a "centre of power" or "interdimensional portal".
I also heard UNM has a nice library.

Right on man! Are you going to UNM? I'm looking into graduate school at UNM for art. 

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »
bumping this thread since I'm heading to Albuquerque pretty quick here

I'd really like to know what some decent neighbourhoods are, any advice on apartments in abq is appreciated.

I'm tempted to say see you in the streets, but that would imply that I skate.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 01:17:21 PM »
go to La Cumbre Brewing.  have the Elevated IPA.  be happy