Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987116 times)

Esquivel and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

justpassingthrough

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7980 on: October 25, 2022, 08:50:36 AM »

JK Industries 8.5”
Limo 8.38”
Deck on the lefts graphic looks amazing.  I need to check some JK Industries shit.   *Edit.  Nevermind.  Every deck on the website is sold out!! Good for Jeremy though.  I had no idea he re issued some old graphics in modern shapes/sizes.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #7981 on: October 25, 2022, 08:55:10 AM »

Not the biggest adidas fan, but got these off eBay for cheap.

those are hot

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #7982 on: October 25, 2022, 05:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote

JK Industries 8.5”
Limo 8.38”
[close]
Deck on the lefts graphic looks amazing.  I need to check some JK Industries shit.   *Edit.  Nevermind.  Every deck on the website is sold out!! Good for Jeremy though.  I had no idea he re issued some old graphics in modern shapes/sizes.

Skating another one right now.  The graphics look great in real life and the product feels high quality.  The 8.5” shape is pretty good.  Long with relatively mellow concave. 

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7983 on: October 25, 2022, 08:35:50 PM »

Some decks. Toy Machine 8.25, Long Beach Skate shop deck 8.6 (cause someone said it has a similar shape as FA), and an 8.5 Welcome Evil Twin.

Were the LB Skate shop decks close to the FA shape?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

justpassingthrough

« Reply #7984 on: October 26, 2022, 09:51:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

JK Industries 8.5”
Limo 8.38”
[close]
[close]

Skating another one right now.  The graphics look great in real life and the product feels high quality.  The 8.5” shape is pretty good.  Long with relatively mellow concave.

I used to love mellow concave like Enjoi.  Now for some reason i'm feeling mid to deep concave for some reason.  I guess a persons type of skating changes over time.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7985 on: October 26, 2022, 10:11:11 AM »
Expand Quote

Not the biggest adidas fan, but got these off eBay for cheap.
[close]

those are hot
They look horrible, imo, but they skate so damn good
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7986 on: October 26, 2022, 12:38:12 PM »
fastbreaks, v comfortable shoe

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #7987 on: October 26, 2022, 01:08:43 PM »

Couldn't resist this colorway..

Also a bunch of snowboard gear, but I guess this ain't the thread for that.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7988 on: October 26, 2022, 10:50:00 PM »

Guess I'll be on the cult of the Crockett high for the next months

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #7989 on: October 27, 2022, 02:44:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Some decks. Toy Machine 8.25, Long Beach Skate shop deck 8.6 (cause someone said it has a similar shape as FA), and an 8.5 Welcome Evil Twin.
[close]

They have some shapes that are the same as Baker shapes and shapes that are the same as FA shapes. The one that was the same shape as FA boards felt like FA in my opinion.

nonickname

• Rep: 86
« Reply #7990 on: October 27, 2022, 06:03:59 AM »
Also hopped on that DC sale...ordered a pair of the grey Lynx Zero shipped for $49 Cdn - never had a pair (or the originals for that matter) but it was really late so my judgement cloudy and my will faltered.

A new shop around an hour away is having a soft open this weekend - they list Freddy's Domestics line on their webpage so will take a fall drive to check them out and most likely buy a hat I really don't need..."for the culture".
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

kabi

« Reply #7991 on: October 27, 2022, 07:06:19 AM »
Also hopped on that DC sale...ordered a pair of the grey Lynx Zero shipped for $49 Cdn - never had a pair (or the originals for that matter) but it was really late so my judgement cloudy and my will faltered.

A new shop around an hour away is having a soft open this weekend - they list Freddy's Domestics line on their webpage so will take a fall drive to check them out and most likely buy a hat I really don't need..."for the culture".
actually came on here to talk about the DC sale, got a pair of trase suede (edit) for like 12 bucks which is amazing
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:58:00 AM by kabi »

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #7992 on: October 27, 2022, 07:16:58 AM »
Got the Bones Koppl 54mm 99a V6s on a sale for like 60% off, and thought they’d be yellow, but pleasantly surprised by the purple graphic.

Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

justpassingthrough

« Reply #7993 on: October 27, 2022, 07:44:20 AM »
Got the Bones Koppl 54mm 99a V6s on a sale for like 60% off, and thought they’d be yellow, but pleasantly surprised by the purple graphic.

Did you get them online? May I ask where you purchased them from?

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #7994 on: October 27, 2022, 10:29:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, sure man, German webshop Titus sold them to me  :D
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7995 on: October 27, 2022, 11:10:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve never had an FA board, just wanted to try one and not spend nearly $80. The LBC deck is more square than my other ones though. And the wood seems good. Someone on here said it’s BBS in an old thread, and I know some of their decks say they’re from generator.

justpassingthrough

« Reply #7996 on: October 29, 2022, 07:08:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah, sure man, German webshop Titus sold them to me  :D
Cool thanks i'll check it out.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #7997 on: October 29, 2022, 11:30:40 AM »
I normally wear/skate Vans, but seeing I’m now a dad, I decided to get some dad shoes. That said, I nabbed the grey-day Tiago 1010 from Civil for $90.

Dad vibes without total dad vibes. Can’t wait to BBQ and mow the lawn in these.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7998 on: October 29, 2022, 05:20:45 PM »
I normally wear/skate Vans, but seeing I’m now a dad, I decided to get some dad shoes. That said, I nabbed the grey-day Tiago 1010 from Civil for $90.

Dad vibes without total dad vibes. Can’t wait to BBQ and mow the lawn in these.

These look way more comfortable than vulcanized Vans. I use to walk miles in Adidas running shoes and my knees felt fine, but since I’ve started skating (only a few months ago) in Vans, my right knee has been killing me. Never again lol

—————

Bought these cause I had a 15% discount at Tactics. 2 decks with grip for $72 ain’t bad. Done with decks for now. I’m nursing my knee and probably won’t start again until spring. Have 9 decks cause I stress bought most of them.

Gonna see if I can stretch them to early 2024 (only skate twice a week) lol

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #7999 on: October 30, 2022, 10:09:44 AM »
Wife got me the DGK lenticular deck for my birthday next week. I’m super hype on this graphic. I’m gonna buy another for the wall.

Never had a lenticular deck but it’s definitely heavier than traditional board.

Image does not do it Justice. I like that Tatcher seems to like intial D

https://orchardshop.com/products/copy-of-dgk-guadalupe-uv-active-deck-8-25?variant=42024260960421&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsN-dpriI-wIVMBXUAR0uWwsdEAQYBCABEgLx0vD_BwE

Tight Pants Big Wheels

• Rep: -8
« Reply #8000 on: October 30, 2022, 01:26:27 PM »
Been buying parts to make a Christmas complete and I just got around to assembling it today. Shop deck from my local (8.375" & 14.375" WB. The shop says they come from Mexico, so I'm assuming Generator and it stacks perfectly with a 8.25" Real deck I have), Jessup grip, Indy titanium 149, Bones Swiss, 54mm V1 Dragons, and Shorty's Silverado phillips hardware (my madness hardware, and all 8 '+' gotta be lined up). First time on titaniums, and first time running 149s on a sub 8.5" deck.

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8001 on: October 30, 2022, 01:33:02 PM »
Been buying parts to make a Christmas complete and I just got around to assembling it today. Shop deck from my local (8.375" & 14.375" WB. The shop says they come from Mexico, so I'm assuming Generator and it stacks perfectly with a 8.25" Real deck I have), Jessup grip, Indy titanium 149, Bones Swiss, 54mm V1 Dragons, and Shorty's Silverado phillips hardware (my madness hardware, and all 8 '+' gotta be lined up). First time on titaniums, and first time running 149s on a sub 8.5" deck.

Damn this sounds like it's gonna be a good one!
Just call me Daddy.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8002 on: October 30, 2022, 03:02:16 PM »
I bought some Indy 149s which I'm liking, but the Bones Hard bushings I use for my Thunders don't feel that great in them and the pivot cup is squeaking and popping like crazy. I ordered Riptide pivot cups, Indy 94a barrel bushings, Indy 96a barrel bushings, and an Ace Hard bushing pack for low and standard trucks. Socal is having a 15% off sale so all of the bushings came out to a relatively low price which is nice. Not sure what I will like the best but I won $25 in my work's football pool so I was able to justify buying all of that for experimental purposes.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8003 on: October 30, 2022, 03:04:14 PM »
I bought some Indy 149s which I'm liking, but the Bones Hard bushings I use for my Thunders don't feel that great in them and the pivot cup is squeaking and popping like crazy. I ordered Riptide pivot cups, Indy 94a barrel bushings, Indy 96a barrel bushings, and an Ace Hard bushing pack for low and standard trucks. Socal is having a 15% off sale so all of the bushings came out to a relatively low price which is nice. Not sure what I will like the best but I won $25 in my work's football pool so I was able to justify buying all of that for experimental purposes.

Why not keep the tock bushings?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8004 on: October 30, 2022, 03:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m around 185lbs and like my trucks on the tighter side. The only way I can get stock bushings to my liking is cranking the nut really far which leads to the bushings cracking pretty quickly. Harder bushings allow me to ride comfortably without having to tighten the nut too far down so the bushings last a lot longer.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8005 on: October 30, 2022, 03:47:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I’m around 185lbs and like my trucks on the tighter side. The only way I can get stock bushings to my liking is cranking the nut really far which leads to the bushings cracking pretty quickly. Harder bushings allow me to ride comfortably without having to tighten the nut too far down so the bushings last a lot longer.
I see and agree that cranking the stock bushings will get them cut by the washer immediately. Been there done that.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Tight Pants Big Wheels

• Rep: -8
« Reply #8006 on: October 30, 2022, 06:17:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn this sounds like it's gonna be a good one!

Thanks. I assembled it this morning and have only taken it out for about an hour to break everything in, but I'm liking this combo. Crazy how a few eighths in board and truck dimensions, along with dropping a few grams of weight change the feel so much. The only thing I'm missing are some 92a Independent bushings (the blue ones) to switch out for the stock 90a orange ones. Someone above me was talking about the same thing and it reminded me. I like the blue bushings more than stock, they're just a tad bit firmer and I don't have to tighten the kingpin as much to get the same setting I like.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 179
« Reply #8007 on: October 31, 2022, 05:22:20 AM »
Just got this mis registered eagle to put on ice.
8.5 x 31.75 x 14
With butchered local shop sticker (beyond skate)

nonickname

• Rep: 86
« Reply #8008 on: October 31, 2022, 05:45:45 PM »
New shop a few towns over (Grand River Skate Shop) had a soft opening over Halloween - so checked them out and got a Domestics camo hat and some fkd bearings to try out. Really happy with the Uncle Freddy hat - now I gotta go skate some crusty spot.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 50
« Reply #8009 on: October 31, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »
Just got this mis registered eagle to put on ice.
8.5 x 31.75 x 14
With butchered local shop sticker (beyond skate)

It'd be nice to have a lifetime supply of these wide short eagles