Author Topic: Skateshop Day 2024  (Read 6281 times)

Fernzilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
Re: Skateshop Day 2024
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2024, 05:49:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i work in a shop, reserved the jerry board for myself. Dude walked in at 10am to buy all the others. Glad we don't have any decks left tbh
[close]

Why did you guys sell all the stock to one person? Kind of lame in my opinion.
[close]

If someone bought all the SSD decks I’d assume that they’re a reseller.

Totally lame.

guy on ebay (vintage firewood) selling a gold ishod, 4 gonz's, 2 or so grimples

dude just basically took the jelly out of that area shop's donut.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2024, 06:05:02 PM »
SSD 24 was rad!
Here’s a lil re cap of what we had going on.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3foDODM-bk/?igsh=MXVpbmJ0aHFoc3VlYw==
You know I had to run the slap tee!

ratking

• Rep: 5
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2024, 06:09:41 PM »
Was able to get the Jerry from one local and the gonz from another. I was torn bw the lance mountain and gonz but I couldn't resist the mystery of the black bag.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2024, 10:38:09 PM »
SSD 24 was rad!
Here’s a lil re cap of what we had going on.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3foDODM-bk/?igsh=MXVpbmJ0aHFoc3VlYw==
You know I had to run the slap tee!
Looks like a lovely place, kudos my man
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2024, 12:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i work in a shop, reserved the jerry board for myself. Dude walked in at 10am to buy all the others. Glad we don't have any decks left tbh
[close]

[close]

Flipper I'm guessing, and yeah lame
[close]

no actually the dude is a big collector, drives for 3 hours pretty often to get full board series. even showed me some pics of his board wall at home

honestly decks don’t even sell that well here, still have both ishod decks laying around so if he hadn’t bought those we’d still have all of them laying around.
[close]
I feel like I still see some of the non-limited skateshop day 2022 and 23 decks around that never sold. Glad they are only offering limited runs that will actually sell now

It's unfortunate because personally, those SSD graphics were solid. I'd buy them, whether it was a skate shop day graphic or not. Never did because I'm well stocked up on decks on ice + I don't think I liked the shape of the 8.5s I saw in person. But smaller run does equal better inventory management with guaranteed sales. Win win this time around!
Super Champion Fun Zone

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2024, 07:47:18 AM »
I know the idea was to recreate the record and comic-book store day hype. I wish they'd adopt the pre order model like those shops have

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2024, 08:08:59 AM »
Is everyone setting up their SSD decks to ride? Particularly the Gonz ones?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2024, 08:19:19 AM »

I was going to buy a lance board to ride but the shape was not what I expected at all. Ended up passing on it. The most interesting board to ride might’ve actually been the Jimmy Wilkins with the sugarcane rails…

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2024, 08:29:24 AM »
Yeah the Jimmy one did look intriguing. I'll be setting up the Gonz at some point but seeing a lot on eBay for stupid prices....

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2024, 09:23:29 AM »
My Jerry deck is strictly going to be a wallhanger, but I was really tempted to double up and get one to skate. I haven't skated one yet but the true fit seems like a shape that I would really like. The three decks I have on ice in my closet stopped me from doing that though. 

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2024, 09:26:47 AM »
I’ll be skating the Ishod’s at some point. So yes, my SSD decks are going to get skated.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Pasta Monster

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2024, 10:01:41 AM »
I’m setting up the Gonz and the Jimmy Wilkins boards. The gold Ishod deck is getting saved because I have at least three decks that are the same dimensions.

What trucks are people putting on the Gonz?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2024, 11:56:24 AM »
I think I am going with Ace Classic 55s, some rails, and some 97a 58mm Concial fulls (Worn down to mid 50s).  Going to skate it and then hang it in my shed.

I've skated the Gonz with 8.75" axles before and it seemed to work well but I think 9" trucks are where its at for this shape.

Be awhile until I set mine up though. Going to enjoy it as showpiece for a few months, yet.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2024, 03:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Flipper I'm guessing, and yeah lame
[close]

no actually the dude is a big collector, drives for 3 hours pretty often to get full board series. even showed me some pics of his board wall at home

honestly decks don’t even sell that well here, still have both ishod decks laying around so if he hadn’t bought those we’d still have all of them laying around.
[close]
I feel like I still see some of the non-limited skateshop day 2022 and 23 decks around that never sold. Glad they are only offering limited runs that will actually sell now
[close]

It's unfortunate because personally, those SSD graphics were solid. I'd buy them, whether it was a skate shop day graphic or not. Never did because I'm well stocked up on decks on ice + I don't think I liked the shape of the 8.5s I saw in person. But smaller run does equal better inventory management with guaranteed sales. Win win this time around!

I think they had taken the cheap / quick option a year or two years of those SSD boards, so they were on pricepoint wood and they really were very average, so they learned and are putting them all on pro wood now.

The only issue is with those boards, again a deadline was often not met, so they had to air ship them to where ever so they ended up being really expensive, so for a board that people could buy for cheaper with a different graphic, quite a lot of them ended up sitting and not getting out at all, then going on sale and whatever.

That is unfortunate, because it is a good thing to get behind, SSD in general being a time to try to drum up a little more interest in real shops, not just mall stores or just buying online for anything and everything.

Hopefully shops didn't get left with too much stock this time round or in future runs, otherwise they might not be so keen to get in more of it in coming years.

At least the interest in those special boards is right up there, even if there are now a dozen of the Lance board on ebay for ridiculous prices.  Don't think any have sold yet, last I checked.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2024, 04:39:12 AM »
I lucked out and got a yellow Gonz with the foil outlines. Looks really good in person and the original vision version is one of my fav graphics of all time. Stoked!