Author Topic: Valley Skateboards  (Read 5585 times)

BootsWithTheFerg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -44
Re: Valley Skateboards
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2024, 06:22:16 AM »

THPS 4 was 2002. The decks were branded Vallely in the game. Wonder if he sold the rights to neversoft back than and it's now just expired.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 47
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2024, 06:25:30 AM »
mike v and his ego suck. elephant still exists under select distribution. between dorfman, cariuma, shitty music and poetry he's the worst non-murderer old pro. the dudes who still think he's cool are likely same guys who buy gator reissues. i'm of that generation and it's embarrassing to lumped in with those goons.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2024, 06:29:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t he already have Vallely skateboards (out of Black Label) in like 1999, or 2000 or something? Then went back to just being on Black Label
[close]
There was def a Vallely skateboards at that time. A friend had a Stefan attardo pro board. Not sure if he went back to BL tho. When was that by the sword or elephant?
[close]

thps4 mike v character has vallely skateboards decks. i remember reading about it on skately too. company was around for a year or two, according to aos they put out boards in 2002 and 2003. think it was element after that until 2010, then he did by the sword for 6 months, went back to powell for a year or two, started elephant in about 2012, that fell through after about a year as well, went back to powell, quit again, started street plant in 2014 or 2015, got kinda back on powell in the meantime, quit again just now and brought back vallely but that seems to have folded already too.
[close]

wasn't he on black label somewhere between that, or was that before?

black label was right before the first attempt at vallely skateboards

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2024, 06:42:14 AM »
mike v and his ego suck. elephant still exists under select distribution. between dorfman, cariuma, shitty music and poetry he's the worst non-murderer old pro. the dudes who still think he's cool are likely same guys who buy gator reissues. i'm of that generation and it's embarrassing to lumped in with those goons.
nailed it. Grifters gonna grift.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2024, 07:09:45 AM »
So Mike’s sponsor timeline goes
Powell
World
New deal
TV
Powell
Transit
Black label
Vallely skates
Element
Elephant skates
Street plant
Powell

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2024, 08:40:00 AM »
he's the worst non-murderer old pro.
Lmao gnarred

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 46
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2024, 08:49:29 AM »
If I was that old and had no marketable skill set I would probably squeeze the grift as long as I could too. You gen x dorks work your it jobs and wear your cargo shorts. I’ll release the same graphic in different color’s periodically and you can reconnect with how cool you thought I was when your were 15. Just keep paying me. 

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2024, 09:21:13 AM »
Powell
World
New deal
TV
Powell
Transit
Black label
Vallely skates
Element
Elephant skates
Street plant
Powell

Powell&
World&
New deal&
TV&
Powell&
Transit&
Black label&
Vallely skates&
Element&
By The Sword&
Elephant skates&
Street plant &
Powell&
Valley Skates

put it on a shirt

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2024, 09:28:32 AM »

THPS 4 was 2002. The decks were branded Vallely in the game. Wonder if he sold the rights to neversoft back than and it's now just expired.

art of skateboarding

They also have a 1031 graphic from him. Stivtak was one 1031 so It could have been a guest board. IIRC elephant was orignaly through the 1031 distro. this board was between element and elephant

231st Street

• Rep: -210
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2024, 10:19:56 AM »

If you guys dont tear up at this, you are not doing it.  You aint a real ramp in the woods dirty jersey DIY head.  That is doing it.

To the poster above-- Mike V didn't even go to freshman year of college.  Thats how good he is: though, honestly, if I posted his ode to Tony Hawk I think you guys would lose your minds.  It contains a rhyme that would likely be a new catch phrase on the board to replace doin it.  To answer your question, I've seen two street plant boards in the wild, both of which I purchased and gave away to local skatepark kids because the shapes were unskateable for me.  That is doing it!  I wonder if it was you (I dont think so..)

He has thread after thread to him dedicated on slap..Is that doing it?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 10:42:08 AM by 231st Street »

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2024, 11:17:27 AM »
I was working at a shop when Vallely skateboards came out, and for the first 6 months it was the top selling board brand at Giant besides Element, then it went to the bottom really quickly, never fully understood that, maybe the first few series went to bunch of old wash outs that never really skated them so they did need to be replaced. idk.

231st Street

• Rep: -210
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2024, 02:30:00 PM »
I was working at a shop when Vallely skateboards came out, and for the first 6 months it was the top selling board brand at Giant besides Element, then it went to the bottom really quickly, never fully understood that, maybe the first few series went to bunch of old wash outs that never really skated them so they did need to be replaced. idk.

Confirmed that there is a group of folks that have bought every elephant board he has ever put out and have on the wall. Same with the various barnyard remixes.  Never met any of these folks in real life, just based on the facebook collector group wall pics.  More overlapping with the rest of the Powell peralta reissue crowd then the vision gator crowd, I think.  Same folks have literally ever color of the Franky Hill bulldog. 

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1184
  • old and in the way
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2024, 03:11:38 PM »
Powell
World
New deal
TV
Powell
Transit
Black label
Vallely skates
Element
Elephant skates
Street plant
Powell

I think he also rode for a company called Television but I could be wrong about that

Useless_wooden_lurker

• Rep: 36
  • Congratulations! You've wasted your life!
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2024, 06:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Powell
World
New deal
TV
Powell
Transit
Black label
Vallely skates
Element
Elephant skates
Street plant
Powell
[close]

I think he also rode for a company called Television but I could be wrong about that

If memory serves, TV morphed into Television after Ed and Mike left Dorfman's operation.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2024, 11:35:09 PM »
The Mike V vs Jamie Thomas battle for who is the most narcissistic, contradictory, self-promoting, cringeworthy dude in skateboarding rages on.   It’ll be interesting to see who comes out on top. 

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2024, 01:52:50 AM »

I guess I should be a proud owner of these gems.
Shit next I’ll watch Drive and cry, listen Mike V and the Rats’s three songs CD at the intermission and finish with Stand Strong to get fully fired up to boneless my way to SxE show and slam into kids.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 02:36:28 AM by let’s go home »

Oh yeahhhhhhh!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2024, 05:18:59 AM »
I wonder how often his wife catches herself thinking about her breaking up with Jason Lee for Mike and thinks…. “What if?”

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2024, 07:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Powell
World
New deal
TV
Powell
Transit
Black label
Vallely skates
Element
Elephant skates
Street plant
Powell
[close]

[close]

If memory serves, TV morphed into Television after Ed and Mike left Dorfman's operation.
I had television in my list but took it off because in my head that was just ed but I’m forgetful.
How long did by the sword last?
No recollection.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2024, 08:44:15 AM »
Skateboarding didn't need a Henry Rollins.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2024, 09:31:04 AM »
Who’s had more board sponsors, him or Markovich?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2024, 09:33:52 AM »
These
Are
The
Days

I don't think you are referring to any of this, but there are a lot of bands who have written songs called "These Are the Days."

But the first thing that popped into my mind was a Paul Westerberg song named "These Are the Days" from his second solo album Eventually. And well damn it, I'd rather talk about Paul Westerberg more than Mike V....it's a slow day at work.

But the chorus of the song does talk about "company" and about "ego" so maybe this is fitting.

These are the days no one sees
They run together for company
I am the day no one needs
There'll never come another one like me

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2024, 02:33:31 PM »
Does he still get the company logos tattooed on his body somewhere? I feel I'd hafta disassociate when I looked at them after awhile.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2024, 03:10:38 PM »
Expand Quote
These
Are
The
Days
[close]

I don't think you are referring to any of this, but there are a lot of bands who have written songs called "These Are the Days."

But the first thing that popped into my mind was a Paul Westerberg song named "These Are the Days" from his second solo album Eventually. And well damn it, I'd rather talk about Paul Westerberg more than Mike V....it's a slow day at work.

But the chorus of the song does talk about "company" and about "ego" so maybe this is fitting.

i'm taking the bait here - paul's best work post-don't tell a soul is on the open season soundtrack. love you in the fall is astoundingly good and buried on the soundtrack of an animated movie no one remembers

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024, 03:43:28 PM »
Re-read this thread while dropping a nasty Michelob Ultra induced deuce. That’s doin it

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2024, 05:33:45 PM »
The Mike V vs Jamie Thomas battle for who is the most narcissistic, contradictory, self-promoting, cringeworthy dude in skateboarding rages on.   It’ll be interesting to see who comes out on top.

huh?

did Greco, Dyrdek, and Jereme Rogers all die or something?

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2024, 06:24:57 PM »
Still insane that Mike V’s company outlasted Geoff Rowley’s

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2024, 06:48:14 PM »
Street Plant isn’t going anywhere.
They have a John Mayer collaboration coming up soon.   

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2024, 05:18:12 PM »
Street Plant isn’t going anywhere.
They have a John Mayer collaboration coming up soon.   

My favorite skeeter

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2024, 06:48:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
These
Are
The
Days
[close]

[close]

i'm taking the bait here - paul's best work post-don't tell a soul is on the open season soundtrack. love you in the fall is astoundingly good and buried on the soundtrack of an animated movie no one remembers

Thanks for taking the bait. Big Westerberg / Replacements fan over here. Just finished reading the Bob Mehr book Trouble Boys. If you haven’t read it yet and you’re a Replacements fan definitely pick it up from your local library.

“Live in the Fall” is definitely a good song. Thanks for turning me onto the soundtrack from that movie. Never heard any of the tracks off of it.

Personally, I like Westerberg’s solo work a lot. And how can you say that this is Westerberg’s best material since Don’t Tell a Soul?

The two songs Paul wrote for the Singles soundtrack are incredible. My Dad had that movie on Lazerdisc.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:00:24 PM by Lowcalcium »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2024, 09:37:03 PM »
Still insane that Mike V’s company outlasted Geoff Rowley’s

Is it?

Mike V's persuits are definetly lame. But they atleast appeal to a demographic..

FreeDome appealed to literally nobody.