Author Topic: Jon Cromer RIP  (Read 4677 times)

natenola forever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jon Cromer RIP
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2022, 07:34:17 AM »
First person I saw do a 540 on vert IRL, it's crazy cuz he skated super well but couldn't walk that well. Watching him skate street courses was kinda interesting cuz he was super talented but you could see he that certain things didn't work cuz of his foot and other things didn't affect him at all. I wonder what he could've done with a more modern prostetic. They spoke about him on HawkvsWolf last week and idk if they weren't aware that he died or just didn't want to get into it cuz they didn't even do an RIP after the story or anything.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2022, 08:04:42 AM »
I saw him skate once and he had a really awesome “big guy” style that might not come across as well in videos. It’s one thing when a 120 pound kid does a trick but it hits different when the dude is probably closer to 180-190 (don’t know how to guess weight without the leg).

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2022, 10:25:49 AM »
I spent years hanging and skating with Jon. He was, in my eyes, one of the best skateboarders to walk this planet. Not because he could do every trick, but because of who Jon was. He was a skateboarder, being Pro just helped (barely) pay the bills. He was extremely fun to be around and I loved catching up with him and hearing his stories. When he skated everyone would be like, this dude rips!!!, then he would pull up his pant leg and adjust his prosthetic and everyone would be blown away. Most people didn't know Jon only had one full leg and if he was wearing pants you could barely tell. He was an inspiration and my friend. I hope this thread throws Jon some more shine, he deserved it all and then some for all he accomplished. I miss him and watching his skating. RIP Jon you were a fucking real one for sure!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2022, 11:01:38 AM »
whats the shop video where he skates to "helter skelter"

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2022, 11:20:23 AM »
Can someone get the name right for this thread?   It's the most important word in anyone's language.

I respected this man so much, imagine turning up as a youngster at the park and skating with only one leg.   Pure grit.   Sad loss as i think he could have done wonders for getting disabled people involved in skateboarding, (much like they have done for girls)

Didn't he do a 360flip in his 411 part?   

RIP Jon Comer
jon had a mean 360 flip. he used to do them up the step up as well as big flips and a lot of other stuff you wouldn’t imagine being possible with one leg. he was one of the best people to watch skate in person, charging everything & doing stuff/hitting obstacles that a lot of people would overlook or not think to skate.

whats the shop video where he skates to "helter skelter"
that’s in ‘the fast forward flick’. his last part was in index’s skate shops ‘allergic to awesome’. there’s definitely some 360 flips & wild shit in there as well.

if you get a chance, watch his documentary. his story is great & really shows how jon’s attitude was towards skateboarding/life. never letting his leg be a hardship or something to get in the way of his skating & inspiring a lot of people to push through disabilities. one worth mentioning is mike anderson, he was really inspired by jon because he also had some sort of leg disability early on & was told he would never be able to skate either. here are some of jon’s parts below as well as the documentary. he was one of the nicest & humblest dudes out, especially for someone who was as well known as he was.

this is his last part :

documentary :

part from fast forward video : 

starts at 18:32,
song got copyrighted unfortunately for obvious reasons. just play ‘helter skelter’ while you watch it.

mike anderson odes :

story starts at 3:44, jon part comes in shortly after.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/heroes-and-heavies-mike-anderson/
there’s a piece about jon in this too. as well as in the documentary i posted first towards the very end. it shows mike as a little kid doing a speech at school about his heroes, one being jon & the other being spiderman.

rest in peace jon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:30:30 PM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2022, 11:21:41 AM »
I always thought Jon was rad and inspirational. I did a school project about him in middle school. RIP