Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3064182 times)

Fhk

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42450 on: March 10, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
It's 45 degrees out and I am going to skate outside for the first time since early November. This work day can't end soon enough

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #42451 on: March 10, 2021, 08:34:18 PM »
closed on my little house a month ago and finally finished moving in.  living alone for the first time in a long time and its great. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42452 on: March 10, 2021, 11:46:30 PM »
i met the coolest, hottest, adventurous girl. i always thought i'd be stuck w/ whoever came my way i could kind of tolerate. but she's like a blessing from god!
she told me in europe they send addicts to do farm labor for 6 months and it cures them. she also did a forestry camp and became a survival guide and said that helps a lot. so maybe some day we will have a farm and try to help people by giving them hard work w/ meaning.
dawg, how old are you? you can't be older than 20.

europe has 50 independent countries.

this sounds like some bullshit christian exploitation workcamp type shit out of a right wing rural region or something. a friend of mine went to something similar and fled because he basically got indoctrinated and there was no real therapy or trauma dealing, since none of the people there were professionals. it was just a way to get cheap laborers while collecting government subsidies for agriculture and health care at the same time.

i'll be completely honest here: settle down for a minute. not trying to steal your stoke, but that last part sounds hella naive. also addicts need therapy, not be put into laborcamps. if you want to help them, become a therapist or lobby for decriminalization.

sorry, i can't pretend to not be bummed that you're psyched about becoming some sort of junkie concentration camp overseer. you might want to overthink that career. also good luck on coming up with the amount of money you need to buy land or some old ass farm over here. these things don't just stand around here and they aren't that cheap to buy either. otherwise i would have already bounced with most my friends to portugal to grow weed and whatevers.

first sentence sounds like you had a hard time with having any agency when choosing partners. i'd be careful to put anyone new on a pedestal like that if you think you only got scraps so far. the bar seems to have been pretty low if that's the case.

i'm being harsh here because i see my younger, naive self in this post. if you angelize (is that a word?) someone like that you are setting yourself up for disappointment and depression when things go arye. you can't be happy with someone else if you can't feel content and happy while being alone. you sound madly in love and that's cool but realize the euphoria won't last. by all means keep the positivity and dreams, but please also be realistic. and please don't start a labor camp for addicts ffs.

the whole thing about hard work with meaning is another problematic can of worms completely that i will not go into here now but shows how you've already internalized toxic ideas about work and whatever meaning it could have.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1604
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42453 on: March 11, 2021, 08:31:14 AM »
Expand Quote
i met the coolest, hottest, adventurous girl. i always thought i'd be stuck w/ whoever came my way i could kind of tolerate. but she's like a blessing from god!
she told me in europe they send addicts to do farm labor for 6 months and it cures them. she also did a forestry camp and became a survival guide and said that helps a lot. so maybe some day we will have a farm and try to help people by giving them hard work w/ meaning.
[close]
dawg, how old are you? you can't be older than 20.

europe has 50 independent countries.

this sounds like some bullshit christian exploitation workcamp type shit out of a right wing rural region or something. a friend of mine went to something similar and fled because he basically got indoctrinated and there was no real therapy or trauma dealing, since none of the people there were professionals. it was just a way to get cheap laborers while collecting government subsidies for agriculture and health care at the same time.

i'll be completely honest here: settle down for a minute. not trying to steal your stoke, but that last part sounds hella naive. also addicts need therapy, not be put into laborcamps. if you want to help them, become a therapist or lobby for decriminalization.

sorry, i can't pretend to not be bummed that you're psyched about becoming some sort of junkie concentration camp overseer. you might want to overthink that career. also good luck on coming up with the amount of money you need to buy land or some old ass farm over here. these things don't just stand around here and they aren't that cheap to buy either. otherwise i would have already bounced with most my friends to portugal to grow weed and whatevers.

first sentence sounds like you had a hard time with having any agency when choosing partners. i'd be careful to put anyone new on a pedestal like that if you think you only got scraps so far. the bar seems to have been pretty low if that's the case.

i'm being harsh here because i see my younger, naive self in this post. if you angelize (is that a word?) someone like that you are setting yourself up for disappointment and depression when things go arye. you can't be happy with someone else if you can't feel content and happy while being alone. you sound madly in love and that's cool but realize the euphoria won't last. by all means keep the positivity and dreams, but please also be realistic. and please don't start a labor camp for addicts ffs.

the whole thing about hard work with meaning is another problematic can of worms completely that i will not go into here now but shows how you've already internalized toxic ideas about work and whatever meaning it could have.

I totally hear you booty time.  I'll never forget my first true love who later turned out to be involved in war crimes in Yugoslavia.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42454 on: March 11, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »
Got my Covid vaccine last night

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #42455 on: March 11, 2021, 02:09:18 PM »
Sick, got my last dose of the vaccine yesterday too. Glad that's out of the way for me

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42456 on: March 12, 2021, 03:41:25 AM »
The greatest long lost homie, my boy Roland, cunt just called me on Facebook and we reconnected and all that shit that makes you cry, cunts coming over to drink now I’m so stoked it’s been about fifteen years
How goods the internet

Edit

And on a Friday night, fuck me the odds
listen to cosmic psychos

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42457 on: March 12, 2021, 04:49:09 AM »
The greatest long lost homie, my boy Roland, cunt just called me on Facebook and we reconnected and all that shit that makes you cry, cunts coming over to drink now I’m so stoked it’s been about fifteen years
How goods the internet

Edit

fucken sick mate

big cheers from me

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42458 on: March 12, 2021, 07:36:34 AM »
How goods the internet

Edit

Big Shalom
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #42459 on: March 13, 2021, 06:40:54 AM »
I got me this HD audio device for less than half price at $150. I already had two 256GB microSD cards laying around so now I have the perfect accompaniment to my new IEMs with nearly half a terabyte worth of music to listen to everywhere I go.

https://headfonics.com/the-x5-3rd-gen-by-fiio/

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42460 on: March 14, 2021, 04:19:12 AM »
They make 256GB microSD cards now??!?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #42461 on: March 14, 2021, 06:24:57 AM »

I think they come in tb too

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42462 on: March 14, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »
I luv you pals

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42463 on: March 14, 2021, 07:51:34 AM »
My son went to skate school today and he loved it.
This old guy (like 10 years older than me, so 52yo) that also skated my local with his son said he loves the way I skate; he said no one he knows could mimic my tricks/ style which was a pretty cool compliment.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42464 on: March 14, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »
Mediocre skate day but a bunch of local legends showed up at the AM session today. Guys who are good in their IG clips but amazing in person. Skating with them was a combination of awe-inspiring, humbling, frustrating, intimidating and fun.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #42465 on: March 14, 2021, 11:57:45 AM »
I've got a pair of these. Decent for the price. I don't write data on them often so I didn't need the fastest speed. I got them when they were about $28 each.

https://www.newegg.com/team-256gb-microsdxc/p/N82E16820331312?item=N82E16820331312

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #42466 on: March 15, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »
Stoked that I rediscovered skateboarding exactly one year ago.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #42467 on: March 16, 2021, 12:32:36 AM »
Paid for 1 hour piano lessons every Thursday for the whole month then plan on continuing with the same teacher for at least a year.

Pretty much my whole life aspired to be a musician. However, never put the work in. Quite a few half assed attempts with bass & guitar lessons. After a couple lessons, quit. Even signed up for a classical guitar class at a community college once, dropped out. Absolutely adore + love music like many of you. Especially experiencing live music in all types of settings. Many of my friends played in bands growing up, always wished I could jam with them. Playing instruments always been so hard for me, think I lack rhythm, & never could stick it out long enough to learn how to read music.   

Now as a grown ass man during this weird time,  all in with learning music fundamentals & 100 percent  really gonna be disciplined with these piano lessons. Excited to progress. And most importantly, can't wait for the day I could jam with my friends

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #42468 on: March 16, 2021, 01:31:00 AM »
Paid for 1 hour piano lessons every Thursday for the whole month then plan on continuing with the same teacher for at least a year.

Pretty much my whole life aspired to be a musician. However, never put the work in. Quite a few half assed attempts with bass & guitar lessons. After a couple lessons, quit. Even signed up for a classical guitar class at a community college once, dropped out. Absolutely adore + love music like many of you. Especially experiencing live music in all types of settings. Many of my friends played in bands growing up, always wished I could jam with them. Playing instruments always been so hard for me, think I lack rhythm, & never could stick it out long enough to learn how to read music.   

Now as a grown ass man during this weird time,  all in with learning music fundamentals & 100 percent  really gonna be disciplined with these piano lessons. Excited to progress. And most importantly, can't wait for the day I could jam with my friends

what sort of music do you want to play? don't be too hung up on reading musical notation - if you want to play guitar or bass tablature is far easier and more accessible.

however, if understanding music is what you want i think you've done the right thing in trying out piano. i was fortunate enough to be able to self teach myself guitar but everything fell into place {understanding/theory-wise} when i learnt to play piano through a teacher i went to for a year.

i'm stoked you're stoked on music!
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

sketchyrider

« Reply #42469 on: March 16, 2021, 08:27:11 AM »
kicked my weed habit that had gone on way too long. being sober is kind of its own trip.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42470 on: March 16, 2021, 09:40:20 AM »
kicked my weed habit that had gone on way too long. being sober is kind of its own trip.
Nice!!! that shit can be a bitch. been completely sober for 2 years and i adore it

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1404
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42471 on: March 16, 2021, 03:55:38 PM »
pushed around for a couple hours today. Ankle isn't strong, but it feels good to push. landed a couple BS slappies after thinking about it like slashing the shallow end of a pool. Dedicated part of the session to skating switch, mostly pushing back and forth in the parking lot and it felt good. Ended the sesh with a switch ollie up and down the curb, something I'd never tried before today. on top of that, the sexy tattooed, tall blonde roller skate dancer girl showed up and shimmied around the parking lot in tank top and shorts for a lil bit. always a plus
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42472 on: March 18, 2021, 06:29:22 AM »
Madlad for skating with smoked ankle, I got caught out just now ran out of beers and had to head up to the one that shuts at midnight I took the skateboard just drunk but I got over it mad quick too hard to push but there was this Neuron just calling my name so I got to bottle o just holding board in my hand but the my cans of bundy just fucked me, too valuable so I did that oski shit I saw in a picture here

Oi it totally works easy as and I got props from dorks that don’t skate so on there’s that, but fuck them also. Fucken ego I love it I mean I had a new board but still grip on grip you’re laughing. Those scooters are pretty rank but yeah you can defz ride em with the board sideaways and you’re safe as houses even drunk, you can just pin it all the the way on fast mode I imagine your shit won’t catch unless you do a hectic turn

So I’m stoked on not dying I was honestly stressing I though it would pitch everywhere but not even, easy as and it was kind of amusing even
I am grudgingly backing it
listen to cosmic psychos

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42473 on: March 18, 2021, 07:53:16 AM »
no school tomorrow

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42474 on: March 18, 2021, 01:29:52 PM »
Got my first covid shot today and went for a guacamole bagel afterwards. Was in the bagel shop and the lady in front of me is hella fine, but I keep myself to the one look minimum and pretend I'm looking at or thinking about something other than this woman in line. She goes outside to wait and when they call her name, I step aside to let her pass, end up stumbling and almost lose my bagel. She is sitting outside and is still pretty fine without a mask on so I decide to sit at the table next to hers. She turns her body in my direction while still reading her book, I do the same, pretending not to notice. She looks over at me and just starts talking "screamin' deal on these bagels, right?" Talked for 20mins, asked my name told me hers, most certainly could've exchanged numbers. I'm in relationship and although its been open/polyish the whole 6 years, I'm not trying to connect with another woman right now but damn, after a year in isolation, it felt good to have a good looking woman come on to me!!!  Makes me wanna get with the missus later tonight!

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #42475 on: March 18, 2021, 07:08:45 PM »
The closing of a particularly rough Covid midwestern winter.  I'm elgible for my covid vaccine starting on Monday.  Been riding bike alot and skating, getting back into shape.  I haven't had any sort of intimacy in over a year and look forward to changing that hopefully this summer.

Also, once I finish posting this, I am going to order a ticket for Dinosaur Jr in Minneapolis.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42476 on: March 19, 2021, 01:21:15 AM »
I just scored an offer to be a part of a summer tax internship with a huge Silicon Valley tech company. It’s going to be a culture shock for me because I’ve been flipping burgers for a decade after dropping out of high school. Pretty stoked that my time and money invested in college is paying off.

Fhk

« Reply #42477 on: March 19, 2021, 08:32:03 AM »
An Ed-tech at the school I work at noticed that I wear a lot of shelltoes.. He showed up today with a pair he only wore once in my size. Gave them to me for free, so excited right now

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #42478 on: March 19, 2021, 08:54:46 AM »
new grass starting to peek out from my filler spots of no grass that developed during winter

I'm a grass man

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42479 on: March 19, 2021, 10:23:18 AM »
new grass starting to peek out from my filler spots of no grass that developed during winter

I'm a grass man

What kinda grass? We have this invasive stuff called st Augustine that is awful. I'm not a grass man, but damn, its a pain to deal with. Grows through everything and is thick with deep roots