Author Topic: Sending Your 5 Year Old Down An 18 Foot Vert Drop In For the Grams  (Read 4944 times)

Lahlah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Sending Your 5 Year Old Down An 18 Foot Vert Drop In For the Grams
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2021, 06:31:25 AM »
Is there a chance that if someone from Home Affairs saw this that they could legitimately get them for child abuse? Don't want to get the guy of parenting but damn, on that second wall that shit looked horrific.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2021, 06:36:28 AM »
"I debated whether I should share this video," but of course, likes are likes

it's both refreshing and depressing to see that my generation's fears of the kind of fetid shit pile of consequences that would result from skateboarding becoming desirable to the mainstream consumer audience, were prescient and completely warranted

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2021, 08:15:15 AM »
Skate dads are the fucking worst. Why force your kid to do something they probably don’t even have any interest in doing? Just let your kid find what they’re into for themselves and let them find their own hobbies and passions instead of trying to force yours on them.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2021, 08:33:04 AM »
I remember being like 13 going to an indoor skatepark in a bigger city for the first time and encountering my first 'skate dad' there, it shocked me how the dude spent the whole afternoon filming his six-year-old on his little camcorder and forcing him to try and boardslide some dumb ledge over and over; the kid clearly wasn't into it, the dad was coaching him on shit he himself had no idea about, eventually the kid ate shit and broke down in tears before the dad just carried him out of the park while yelling at him.

This current behavior is barely an evolution of that, the same dumb fucks just have access to an audience now, being a shitty parent who never grew up themselves is apparently relatable to many weird social media profiles and some companies are drawn to any big number like flies with no consideration for the overall message they send, what else is new.

Sometimes I wonder what exactly it is that humans wait for before they start thinking. Like parents at skateparks 'watching' their kids on scooters get dangerously close to bad collisions with skaters twice their size and speed for hours with no problem, really just playing on their smartphone in the meantime and only waiting for the moment the very damage that they could have prevented is actually done to react. Why the need for some eventual tragedy blowing up Hollywood style before those thousands of people open their eyes on what it is that they're actually doing? The next step is placing your newborn infant in the middle of the freeway, filming the next minute with a drone and then calling it a speedrun on YouTube, humanity right now is pretty fucking insane.

Merman

• Rep: -36
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »
Won't be impressed until an egg that was fertilized 5 seconds ago does a 20 ft backside air on the mega

Are you fucking nuts?! I'm not waiting that long for my kid to bloom. Soon as that sperm starts burrowing into the egg, I'm having him or her march his or her ass up to the top of the nearest halfpipe. "Get up there and drop in, you egg with a wiggly sperm tail, or you get no dinner tonight."

g00dB0utd0llaz

• Rep: -4
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2021, 04:03:07 PM »
IG is one of the worst things to ever happen to skateboarding. For every page that posts something worthwhile, there's 10 pages of parents forcing their infants down a megaramp or a 14 year old in Korn pants beaming the fuck out of the camera after doing a crook and landing cross legged. IG should be used for Russian dash cam footage, pictures of gigantic asses, and pictures of cookie dough ONLY.

this.

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2021, 04:12:05 PM »
Im a father myself, I just cant find the part of myself that would make my little 2 YO (3 in may ) something like that, she is my little flower, my queen.... hell, i even get mad at my lady when my baby hurts herself, playing or doing something else

This is whack, fuck social media and fuck skateboarding nowadays, we or they should call it differently, cuz that aint skating in my book man

FUCK SKATE COACH DADS AND FUCK SKATE SCHOOLS AND SKATE TEACHERS

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
Jeezus, that was probably not as brutal as it looked, but it looked pretty brutal.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2021, 05:50:01 PM »
My question is do any of these kid/parent combos exist without the social media presence?

Is any parent allowing their 5 year old to do this undocumented and NOT for clout?

didnt think so.

I saw this last year. Dad was egging on/ talking shit to his less than 10 year old son trying to make him drop in. He was saying shit like, "well he can do it" pointing to a kid younger than the kid was. The guy was asking me for tips and I told him if he's not comfortable not to try it yet, he's probably going to lean back and eat shit. He asked me, "what do you know?" To which i responded, "how to drop in" and "if you think it's so easy why don't you try it and show him how?" Dude was wearing sandels and awkwardly pushed around trying to bring himself to do it for a while before he himself didn't try it either.

It's sad that parents are ruining skateboarding for their kids these days. People used to start skating to get away from shit like that.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2021, 05:58:07 PM »
I remember being like 13 going to an indoor skatepark in a bigger city for the first time and encountering my first 'skate dad' there, it shocked me how the dude spent the whole afternoon filming his six-year-old on his little camcorder and forcing him to try and boardslide some dumb ledge over and over; the kid clearly wasn't into it, the dad was coaching him on shit he himself had no idea about, eventually the kid ate shit and broke down in tears before the dad just carried him out of the park while yelling at him.

I was at a park around 2003-2005 and there was this 7 year old kid who was pretty decent. Could pump the ramps, generate speed. Skating. He dad stood in the middle of the park about 20 feet away from a 6 ft quarter pipe. This guy was grabbing his sons arms as he skated by and whipping him so he could get air because he couldn’t get the speed to het to the top on his own. Fucking dumbest shit I ever saw.

As a parent I just follow my kids around and let them show me what they want to do. My son doesn’t want to skate cause he doesn’t want to get hurt. I could care less. Let him find his own thing. Some parents yell at their kids at baseball or soccer if they aren’t ‘trying hard’ whatever the fuck that means. My son said to me that baseball was no fun cause the coaches wouldn’t stop instructing them. He’s 8. So, he stopped going and I say whatever.

Adults can really take over their kids activity and I think that is lame. Helicopter parents are the worst. How can a child develop a sense of self if the parent is all up in their biz?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2021, 06:35:59 PM »
Expand Quote
My question is do any of these kid/parent combos exist without the social media presence?

Is any parent allowing their 5 year old to do this undocumented and NOT for clout?

didnt think so.
[close]

I saw this last year. Dad was egging on/ talking shit to his less than 10 year old son trying to make him drop in. He was saying shit like, "well he can do it" pointing to a kid younger than the kid was. The guy was asking me for tips and I told him if he's not comfortable not to try it yet, he's probably going to lean back and eat shit. He asked me, "what do you know?" To which i responded, "how to drop in" and "if you think it's so easy why don't you try it and show him how?" Dude was wearing sandels and awkwardly pushed around trying to bring himself to do it for a while before he himself didn't try it either.

It's sad that parents are ruining skateboarding for their kids these days. People used to start skating to get away from shit like that.

It's crazy that some parents are like this. I think that was a perfect way of dealing with that shitty dad! If every parent with a young skateboarder also skated alongside them, they'd probably be more mindful of what tricks and terrain is age appropriate having gone through the progression themselves.