Author Topic: Unlikely Finds  (Read 2794 times)

jerrys_kids

Unlikely Finds
« on: July 31, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »
So I'm currently on vacation and me and my girl walk into an ice cream shop today and on the wall they have an old Natas board hanging, you know the old SMA one with the black panther. Anyway I just thought it was kind of weird because it was the only skate related thing they had, I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen any gems in random places before.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1485
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Unlikely Finds
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »
The other day, I found a $20 bill off to the side of a fairly busy walmart.  Not more than five feet away were to two adolescent boys trying to get sodas from the vending machine totally oblivious.  I used my bag of stuff I bought to cover the bill, then I bent down to pick up my bag and scooped up the bill in one motion.  It basically paid for the crap I bought that day.  Stoked.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »
every time i pick up a pen i get, un-like-ly finds
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

trannies and mannies

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
Getting some fake Janoskis at a yard sale for $1 was tight. Also whenever I go to Goodwill I find some cool ass shit.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:18:32 AM »
every time i pick up a pen i get, un-like-ly finds

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »
in was on an island in thailand close to the cambodian boarder. in a bar they had a bobby worrest krooked deck hanging on the wall, me and my bro where stoked, still nobody could tell us how it got there.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 05:17:59 AM »
I was just in Utrecht and in a used book store I found a copy of James Joyce's only play Exiles.  It was really badly received and had a short run.  As such, it hasn't been in print for decades an I've been looking for a copy of it for years.

Coincidentally, I found a copy of Kurt Vonnegut's only play in that same bookstore when I lived in Utrecht for a summer a few years ago.  That play hasn't been in print for a few decades either and, again, I was looking for that for years.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 07:14:41 AM »
I was at a little Bodega in San Francisco and there was a Gerwer board on the wall. The Zig Zig one. Anyway, I ask the lady how it got there and in her accent says "Oh Frank, he is such a good neighbor, he teach my grandson to skate." Pretty awesome.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 07:46:49 AM »
I found Morgan Freeman in a Dunkin Donuts once. That was unlikely. I held the door for him and didn't know it was him until after he walked through the door, stopped, turned and said "Well, thank you young man", and walked away. If Fat Bill thinks Dylan is a cool-breeze, he's obviously never seen Mr. Freeman in person.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »
I found Morgan Freeman in a Dunkin Donuts once. That was unlikely. I held the door for him and didn't know it was him until after he walked through the door, stopped, turned and said "Well, thank you young man", and walked away. If Fat Bill thinks Dylan is a cool-breeze, he's obviously never seen Mr. Freeman in person.

Did his voice cause you to wet yourself or at least give you goosebumps?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No but that would've been great. I doubt Morgan Freeman would've forgotten the man that pissed himself while holding the door for him. I did have exceptionally good luck for the rest of the day though.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
I found some bud at the skatepark, it was right next to a rail , so I figure it fell out of some chump's pocket mid-boardslide

Spoiler alert

I smoked it.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
No but that would've been great. I doubt Morgan Freeman would've forgotten the man that pissed himself while holding the door for him. I did have exceptionally good luck for the rest of the day though.

i bet that wasn't just a coincedence.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i bet that wasn't just a coincedence.

"Bless you, my child"

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
There's this small colorado chain of fish tacos and burritos, stuff like that. Their decked out with stickers and stuff, mostly ski/snowboard but all "extreme" sports basically. I was really surprised to see a poster signed by the entire osiris team during the "storm" period, as well as a birdhouse poster during "the end" period. Made me think about chris dobstaff and vinny vegas.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
Is it Wahoo's? Because if it is I hate to break it to you but it ain't from Colorado and it ain't all that small.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Lance Meowntain

• Rep: -3
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
My buddy (who is a redneck and doesnt skate) owns this really tiny bar way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere on HWY 36 in Northern California. I hadnt been out that way in for a while, and recently I stopped in, and there was a signed Nike SB poster of Omar Salazar on the wall. He told me Omar stopped in one night with some people and chilled there all night drinking with them. Said he was super stoked on the place and was really friendly. Then he stopped back by the next day with the poster. My buddy had no idea who he was, but figured "he must be somone if he has his own shoe" Haha! So random.

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 02:40:39 AM »
There's this small colorado chain of fish tacos and burritos, stuff like that. Their decked out with stickers and stuff, mostly ski/snowboard but all "extreme" sports basically. I was really surprised to see a poster signed by the entire osiris team during the "storm" period, as well as a birdhouse poster during "the end" period. Made me think about chris dobstaff and vinny vegas.
i hope to god for the sake of humanity this is a joke

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
i was in pakistan visiting family and saw some fake alienworkshop board shorts. shit this was in 2002.

money wise ive found countless amounts of money from dollar bills to $60 one time!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »
i found love in a hopeless place   : (

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
I found some bud at the skatepark, it was right next to a rail , so I figure it fell out of some chump's pocket mid-boardslide

Spoiler alert

I smoked it.

I didn't wanna laugh but I did.  :'(

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
I found a misfits t-shirt for a dollar at a thrift store.  Later a druggie in the park asked me what was with white people wearing skulls and stuff on our shirts.  He prefaced by saying he wasn't trying to be racist.  He also let me know where I could get crack and five dollar bj's in the park.

mikerox

• Rep: -1
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
me and my friends were skating this spot in downtown austin and it was pretty close to this festival going on, marley fest where everyone is just smoking weed and listening to reggea, and my friend found a hundred dollar bill on the ground then a few minutes later my other friend found a twenty

S.E.

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »
found an ipod nano on the ground at a mcdonalds parking lot a couple months ago.  super stoked.  felt bad for Diana and her lost ipod but shit, i needed a new one. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »
I found Joe DiMaggio in a Dinky Donuts the other day. He's a dunker.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
I was in Atlanta recently and I bought a pair of Dunk Mid SB's at a thrift store for 14 bucks, hyped.
Side note: if your ever in Atlanta hit some thrift stores, I saw tons of SB's and Supra shoes for dirt cheap, and none of them had been skated, I guess because they are "fashionable" people by them and wear them until they dont look new anymore and sell them.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
When I was 18 I was going on a date and being young and dumb, I forgot my wallet. I was too embarrassed to say anything and was waiting until the last second to say anything. We pull up to the parking lot of the place we were planning on eating at and I open the door and there was a $100 bill on the ground. She later asked me if I wanted to split the bill and I said no 8). She never answered my phone calls again. I was killing it.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
I found Joe DiMaggio in a Dinky Donuts the other day. He's a dunker.