Author Topic: diego najera on monarch project  (Read 7467 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: diego najera on monarch project
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2022, 07:53:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Monarch had a weird soft launch, if you look at their Instagram they are adding some younger talent and trying to make some adjustments. Dwindle actually takes great care of their team riders, pays well and is doing a ton to lessen the amount of plastic they use. Monarch isn’t for me but I’m curious to see what it becomes.
[close]

This is their current websites meta description: "Monarch Project has the skateboard decks to please the Olympian in you". This whole thing is way worse than just a weird soft launch.

Please the Olympian in me?  You mean when Zeus is fucking me?

#bottom4bolts (of lightning, not hardware - gotta specific around skaters)

DirtyCheddarKids

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2022, 10:39:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Monarch had a weird soft launch, if you look at their Instagram they are adding some younger talent and trying to make some adjustments. Dwindle actually takes great care of their team riders, pays well and is doing a ton to lessen the amount of plastic they use. Monarch isn’t for me but I’m curious to see what it becomes.
[close]

This is their current websites meta description: "Monarch Project has the skateboard decks to please the Olympian in you". This whole thing is way worse than just a weird soft launch.
[close]

Please the Olympian in me?  You mean when Zeus is fucking me?

#bottom4bolts (of lightning, not hardware - gotta specific around skaters)

I'd rather get banged by Zeus than ride a Monarch Project deck, but that's just me.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

EmericanSTEVE

• Rep: -2
    • EMERICA SHOES!!! avatar image
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2022, 08:38:51 PM »
He was on Manny Santiago's Ammo skateboards for awhile If I'm not mistaken
Yea he did except Ammo is owned by Felix Argulles . Shit not sure if im spelling his last name correct but yeah Ammo is Felix brand.
"This is Emerica"

EmericanSTEVE

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2022, 08:54:09 PM »
I don’t care to know what Monarch Project is, but I do enjoy watching him skate and hope we get to see more of it soon… What’s the scoop on his pro brother??
Just saw his brother Ruben a few months back at the Secret Stash in Red Bank. He produced some comic book with Netflix and the director Kevin Smith on like a He Man show him and Kevin were signing the books together. Kevin is Silent bob in the jay silent bob movies.  i dont think Rubens in the skate industry at all anymore because hes working for like Marvel and shit he drove off by himself in Tesla plaid which is expensive as fuck. My cousin and i asked him about skating and he looked surpsied like that we knew he even skated haha. He said he still skates but for the fun and love of it. He was chill gave us both dope new Supreme hats for free just because which were both expensive but random as hell i was like WTF? hella dope
"This is Emerica"

EmericanSTEVE

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2022, 08:59:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thats hilarious bro time to gather my bobsled team lol . Coooooool Runnings!!!!!
"This is Emerica"

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1226
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2022, 09:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You are not mistaken. Furby 2.0. Seriously good stuff here - didn't know he noliie hard the SM triple :o

[close]
correct me if i’m wrong but didn’t tiago skate for ammo too?
[close]

I thought Tiago was on BLVD?
that’s what it was. i get the two mixed up

Embarcaderoh

• Rep: 0
  • Weed Saves Lives! -Braydon SzaFranski
    • The best board brand avatar image
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2022, 09:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You are not mistaken. Furby 2.0. Seriously good stuff here - didn't know he noliie hard the SM triple :o

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yo on that note what ever happenedto Furby he was really good to he had a sick ass digital part

Krishna3k

• "If we skate we roll together" "Stand United"
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2022, 05:17:03 AM »
Next: Struggle Skateboards with Ruben and Doug Brown

Holy Fuck havent heard Struggle Skateboards in forever can you believe its still in business!

www.struggleskateboards.com

no joke me and my homie Brandon Anglin used to skate for them we were on the flow team the owner Michael Zed was a fucking asshole. Little chinese guy that dressed like he was in a rap video all the time lol. Doug Brown was a kook for sure!
And Ruben Najera was the only cool one there for real he fucking quit way before Doug ever was put on so they never even met. Ruben was put on to be like the first "pro skater" for them so they could impress shops like they got a guy that at least skates for reals and entered contests because the owners dont skate for SHIT! I never once saw them on a fucking skateboard.  They also mainly were supposed to pay ruben to be the team manager hes the only reason Tyrone Olson and Diego Najera got on but after Micheal the main owner and the other owner Jim didnt pay Ruben for his board sales and what they owed him and fucked him over with a bunch of other shit Ruben quit and stayed in OC and lived in his car. He actually wasnt even with struggle for that long super short time he hated the brand to and he left to go skate for another company called six stars but struggle kept using some of his shit for a while after. Me and Brandon were on struggle way longer than he was and honestly its only because we got free fucking boards dude. We Didnt have to pay for that shit so we were on the team for a few years to milk it but to this day i still think the name Struggle for a brand is stupid we used to spraypaint our shit all the time! lol  Alot of heads dont know but ruben and the owners fucking hated each others guts fights all day it was fucking comedy dude like fist fights and shit being thrown everywhere haha and ruben eventually got Diego out of there and at a contest called Malloof money cup ruben spoke to Andrew Reynolds and got Diego on Baker flow. that shit would have been dope if diego had stayed on Baker. The whole Struggle brand was a fucking circus riot a total mess man fuck those business suit assholes and fuck that company those guys that started it and own it cant even push on a skateboard. worst part they ruined the fucking notorious biggie song for me lol i cant listen to that shit to this day everytime it comes on i have to change it

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2022, 05:37:43 AM »
This dude is one of my favorite skaters of the past few years. Every time he sets up to do a flip trick you know it's going to be popped to the utmost degree and done with incredible form.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2022, 05:54:09 AM »
This dude is one of my favorite skaters of the past few years. Every time he sets up to do a flip trick you know it's going to be popped to the utmost degree and done with incredible form.

; )

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2022, 06:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yo on that note what ever happenedto Furby he was really good to he had a sick ass digital part

He was rocking Stevie Griffin Pajamas and skated to Snoop Dogg in the original Deathwish video then left or got kicked of  and started his own brand Yezzur! Which shockingly failed
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks