Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3065647 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39270 on: April 19, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »
Instead of smoking pot lying on the bed in my tiny studio apartment, I've been getting high and listening to Mount Eerie here lately:

So sick!

I spend alot of time in nature too. Just fishing or hanging out. It's very therapeutic (so is the weed)
Gentleman ninja warlock

bawtawd9

« Reply #39271 on: April 20, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
Ate a big ol breakfast, eggs, peps, onions, bacon, spinach, toast and I'm gonna try and trip off weed

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #39272 on: April 21, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
Happy Gershon Mosley Day

shark tits

« Reply #39273 on: April 21, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »
happy gershon mosely day to you too, sir. it just crept up on us this yr.
i'm a weirdo who knocks on people's doors if i notice bees in their yard so this lady lets me in, we chat, i look at her surviving beehive and she's a state rep for massachusetts. idk if it'll ever come in handy for me but it's pretty sick.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #39274 on: April 21, 2018, 08:46:16 PM »
Stoked on life/running right now.

I started running a little over two years ago. It started out as a way to get in better shape/ground myself. Running helped me get over a terrible breakup. Lately my consistency is really starting to pay off. I do little to no road running. I focus mainly on trails and mountain running. Last month, I ran the second fastest known time on the GA loop in 13:15. The FKT being done in 12:35 done in '93. The GA loop is a 56ish mile loop consisting of the AT, DRT, and BMT trails, there's also 16K+ vert gain and 16K- descent to make it very interesting. Today on my 17 mile long run I split a 36:05 10k during the last half. Hyped as fuck on that. I'd love to run a sub 34:00 or 32:00 some day. I haven't raced a lot because I hate competition but I'm starting to get hip to the idea. Some day I hope to run a WS100 or Hardrock 100 qualifier so I can apply for their lotteries. But my bucket list goal is to run all of the major rounds in the UK: Bob Graham, Paddy Buckley and Ramsey Round (maybe in a summer but that's crazy?).

Also, I got a date tomorrow with a chick I've been into for well over a year now.

The past few years had been so shitty. I went through a really bad breakup with my fiance, lost my dogs, and my dad was diagnosed with cancer (he's in remission now). But everything is clicking right now. I've even applied to go back to college and am looking forward to seeing what's next. Sorry for my rant but posting on SLAP can sometimes be cathartic.

I hope all the other SLAP homies are doing well too!

Here Come The Lame Jets

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39275 on: April 21, 2018, 09:03:55 PM »
love hearing that positivity .. i am stoked on just having the most awkward sex ive had in years .. will share that in the said thread
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #39276 on: April 22, 2018, 08:22:54 PM »
Been going skating every week with my friend and just having fun at the park with the homies.

i also i got my power bill and it said "no payment due" then it said they cancelled a bunch of old payments i had made because my gas meter was fucked up and reading shit wrong so now i have a credit with them of $150, it was really good timing too because i went skating the following night and snapped my nearly new board. it's shit like this that almost makes me believe in a higher power
even the steven

bawtawd9

« Reply #39277 on: April 23, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »
Hell yea, did some recon this morning and found some plastic benches under a gazebo with concrete floor deep in the woods on some trails. Perfect secret, rain, chilling/skating spot.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39278 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:12 AM »
My wife inherited a house from her Grandfather in The Bronx. After a little family drama the house will be ours after filling out a few more papers. The house is paid for so well be renting it out instead of selling it.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #39279 on: April 23, 2018, 08:58:26 AM »
-Found out over the weekend that I will end up living with the people I was planning on
-Filmed a couple clips yesterday
-Gonna hang out with this girl who's cute and in a local band that I see fairly often (teaching chicks how to skate works wonders)
-Me and my homie met this dude yesterday who's pretty autistic but still high functioning (like he was walking around on his own and having a convo with us). Dude was probably like 300 pounds but skates (tried my friend's board and he's got the front shuvs and no comply shuvs down) and completely knows his shit about it. Like we were talking about potential tricks at this spot and people who would try it and he totally knew what was up. He's in this program but I guess they took his board away or some shit, friend said he thinks his dad is actually one of the dude's who teaches in that program so he's gonna try to get them to give it back to him. Skateboarding is so rad.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #39280 on: April 23, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
These last few months I’ve been working harder than I have in my entire life and I just got promoted at work and this could possibly be a life long career for me.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39281 on: April 23, 2018, 12:05:36 PM »
These last few months I’ve been working harder than I have in my entire life and I just got promoted at work and this could possibly be a life long career for me.

Fuckin congrats man!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #39282 on: April 23, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
Pushed around for the first time in months yesterday, I feel super of balanced but it felt good to be back on a board.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39283 on: April 23, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »
nice slink!

i know the feeling (sorta) .. for couple months i was skating strictly a penny board and was having so much fun with it .  relearned switch tres on it and everything was so easy .. and i just set up a new deck on my regular set up sbd it felt so foreign ..
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Yu Dum

« Reply #39284 on: April 25, 2018, 06:39:10 AM »
My local shop is finally carrying Colony boards, and I came out of the slump I’ve been in.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #39285 on: April 25, 2018, 07:08:37 AM »
I started waxing an unskated ledge a couple weeks ago. It didn’t grind or slide very well so I went back after it rained and rubbed it smoother with a big chunk of cinder block and then lacquered it. I’ve been going back to it almost every day and waxing and skating it and it’s starting to look like a real ledge with that black layer on it. I’d never started a ledge before, only skated already waxed ones. It’s in kind of a weird spot so I don’t know if anyone else will skate it but still feels pretty awesome.

ungzilla

« Reply #39286 on: April 25, 2018, 07:11:18 AM »
nothing gets you scene points like a good virgin ledge rub bricking

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39287 on: April 25, 2018, 07:12:55 AM »
I started waxing an unskated ledge a couple weeks ago. It didn’t grind or slide very well so I went back after it rained and rubbed it smoother with a big chunk of cinder block and then lacquered it. I’ve been going back to it almost every day and waxing and skating it and it’s starting to look like a real ledge with that black layer on it. I’d never started a ledge before, only skated already waxed ones. It’s in kind of a weird spot so I don’t know if anyone else will skate it but still feels pretty awesome.

This is awesome!  I've done the same many times.

I like taking a shitload of wax and a small butane torch and just cake the motherfucker at first. 

Once she starts grinding it's a beautiful feeling!

Sounds like you got yourself a great solo spot!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39288 on: April 25, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »
Seeing Shark Tits at his DIY this weekend got me to log in for the first time in years, and stoked for the summer!

Edit: stoked on the new forum layout too

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39289 on: April 25, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »
Seeing Shark Tits at his DIY this weekend got me to log in for the first time in years, and stoked for the summer!

Edit: stoked on the new forum layout too
Stay a while, get that pal status buddy

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
  • dog stuff
« Reply #39290 on: April 25, 2018, 11:47:53 AM »

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39291 on: April 25, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »
Ran into a cute girl downtown today and ended up getting her number. And I may or may not skate today because I'm sore from skating a lot this past week but I'm certainly smoking some jazz cabbage.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:36:01 PM by planman »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39292 on: April 25, 2018, 01:05:42 PM »
Pretty wild that they caught the East Area Rapist

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39293 on: April 25, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »
Pretty wild that they caught the East Area Rapist
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #39294 on: April 26, 2018, 06:29:39 AM »
Instead of smoking pot lying on the bed in my tiny studio apartment, I've been getting high and listening to Mount Eerie here lately:

Mount Eerie in Mount Airy?

FOGDOG

• Rep: 10
« Reply #39295 on: April 26, 2018, 10:11:05 AM »
I just bought tickets to see My Bloody Valentine in NYC. Major bucket list for me.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39296 on: April 26, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »
I paid off my credit card balance earlier this year and they sent me a statement yesterday saying my balance was around -$100. I didn't really know what that meant so I called and for some reason they owed me money. Stoked. Check is in the mail.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #39297 on: April 26, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »
Mount Eerie in Mount Airy?

Yep. I'm actually moving out there for the summer with one of my brothers. Pretty happy that I won't be in the city for the summer.

This is really cool:

http://www.businessinsider.com/rosetta-comet-67p-timelapse-video-dust-stars-2018-4

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #39298 on: April 26, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
Any and all Al Davis footage

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal