Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 187597 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2580 on: October 20, 2022, 06:48:54 AM »
Actually there needs to be more cariuma hate. I've seen 4 people at my very small local park with these shoes so far.
People really buy these shoes.

And yeah of course pros only ride them because of the paycheck. The same pros ride for silver trucks but secretly ride other trucks.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #2581 on: October 20, 2022, 06:52:56 AM »
you should get cancelled for having fake steez

Fake steez is hands down one of the biggest no-no's EVER. Kids, don't do it.

IpathCats

« Reply #2582 on: October 20, 2022, 06:58:21 AM »
Expand Quote
you should get cancelled for having fake steez
[close]

Fake steez is hands down one of the biggest no-no's EVER. Kids, don't do it.

"iT's NoT fAkE sTeEz, mY hAnDs jUsT dO tHaT!"

says the kid who looks like he's gesturing with his hands for someone to calm down every time he lands a flatground trick.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #2583 on: October 20, 2022, 06:59:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
While yes cariuma does suck as a company their shoe designs are just whatevs. Nowhere near as bad as people make out, swap their logo for another companies and people wouldn't say shit. Maybe pick the right company and people would be saying the opposite.
[close]

The Cariuma hate is so completely over the top. The logo is indeed hideous, though.
[close]

Expand Quote
ive never been at a sesh and heard cariuma get brought up. in all reality most people either dont know or dont care about the brand/ethics. its literally only gifted hater fanboys who talk about them still, and he shaved his head over a slap thread.
[close]

Bet you wont buy a pair.

I've heard people talk about them. Some dude around me was even getting "flowed by cariuma" (fuck that hurts to say) and he said the shoes were so bad he didn't even want to keep wearing them. The guy isnt even that good, and I've seen him skating similar low profile vulcs from emerica/es/lakai so it's not like he was skating some crazy good/high tech/well built shoes before. The paycheck is the ONLY reason pros wear these.

Cariuma is trash, stop being so fucking soft, it's ok to hate on wack shit.

Now for my potentially unpopular opinion, most skate shoes just fucking suck and the build quality does not match the price. The foxing tape separates on like every pair of vans i see, even though they've been making vulcs for 100 fucking years. The recent Lakais, Es's, and NBs I've worn have gotten shredded in a handful of sessions.

There are some exceptions, AVEs and 1010's seem to hold up well though i havent skated either. LARBs seem to hold up well considering they are a low profile vulc. I'm sure there are a handful of other decent durable skate shoes, but overall the quality just seems to be poor. It would be a different story if shoes were like $40-$50, but even cheaper skate shoes are $60-$70. Buying shoes not meant for skating, super gluing the stitching at first and holes as they start, and using FP insoles if the shoe calls for it has netted me better results than any skate shoe ive worn in the last 10 years.
If that's to me you're gat dang right I won't buy a pair, not even just out of curiosity if I saw a pair cheap.
My opinion was simply about the designs specifically. Guess i could of tried to make the same point from the other side saying every other shoe company has mostly ugly stinkers in their line too.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2584 on: October 20, 2022, 07:06:30 AM »
sacking rails did not deserve to get banned, i can think of half a dozen pals with triple digit reps whose posts are just as empty and meaningless as theirs

:) !!

IpathCats

« Reply #2585 on: October 20, 2022, 07:26:05 AM »
sacking rails did not deserve to get banned, i can think of half a dozen pals with triple digit reps whose posts are just as empty and meaningless as theirs

It's almost as if...... rep doesn't matter!?!?!

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2586 on: October 20, 2022, 07:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It's almost as if...... rep doesn't matter!?!?!
[close]
obviously not, but if you're gonna ban someone because their posts suck, at least be consistent about it

I wonder what it was that caused the mods to pull the plug on him. Most of his posts would be considered standard shitposting but nonetheless harmless

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2587 on: October 20, 2022, 09:36:08 AM »
If you guys are such huge fans of sackingrails and their irreplaceable contribution to the board maybe you could do us all a favor and go over their post history and litigate each one in any thread of your choosing to see if they were rightfully banned or not. It will be like they never even left
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

IpathCats

« Reply #2588 on: October 20, 2022, 10:15:05 AM »
If you guys are such huge fans of sackingrails and their irreplaceable contribution to the board maybe you could do us all a favor and go over their post history and litigate each one in any thread of your choosing to see if they were rightfully banned or not. It will be like they never even left

I don't think people are a fan of him as much as they are a fan of fair and equal treatment.

Crazy I know, to stick up for someone you don't really care about out of principle. Try it sometime, it's called being just.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2589 on: October 20, 2022, 10:18:08 AM »
Tracer was the best…..

IpathCats

« Reply #2590 on: October 20, 2022, 10:25:58 AM »
Tracer was the best…..

Will get kooked for this, but I loved the chaos cheetah caused. That MF was so quotable lol, always saying the wildest shit for no reason, like completely unprovoked.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2591 on: October 20, 2022, 10:56:20 AM »
I was quietly entertaining the idea that sackingrails was, in real life, former Blockhead skater & founder of King Rails, Jeff King.
Just like the age old question, “how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop,” the world may never know the answer.
Can’t say I’m gonna miss that user much, though.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #2592 on: October 20, 2022, 12:24:28 PM »
ive never been at a sesh and heard cariuma get brought up. in all reality most people either dont know or dont care about the brand/ethics. its literally only gifted hater fanboys who talk about them still, and he shaved his head over a slap thread.

From my small sample size of people I skate with/talk to about skateboarding off of Slap, rarely anything that seems to be a constant point of conversation on here, is ever brought up IRL.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #2593 on: October 20, 2022, 12:26:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From my small sample size of people I skate with/talk to about skateboarding off of Slap, rarely anything that seems to be a constant point of conversation on here, is ever brought up IRL.
wheelbase

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 269
« Reply #2594 on: October 20, 2022, 12:29:07 PM »
style is not improving over time
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

IpathCats

« Reply #2595 on: October 20, 2022, 12:40:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
wheelbase

Woodshops

Jessup Ultra or Mob m80

The involvement of scientology in skateboarding

and Sean Malto are things that are only really talked about on SLAP.

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #2596 on: October 20, 2022, 01:20:24 PM »
>tfw people ignore me at the local when I'm explaining in detail how Riptide pivot cups make me skate better
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2597 on: October 20, 2022, 01:22:14 PM »

tfw people ignore me at the local

Same

quackquack

• Rep: -421
« Reply #2598 on: October 20, 2022, 01:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Tracer was the best…..
[close]

Will get kooked for this, but I loved the chaos cheetah caused. That MF was so quotable lol, always saying the wildest shit for no reason, like completely unprovoked.

I miss that slapper.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 269
« Reply #2599 on: October 20, 2022, 02:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Tracer was the best…..
[close]

very dylanesque kickflips
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3359
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2600 on: October 20, 2022, 03:41:02 PM »
Tricks UP handrails is gross. Lots of dirty diaper stuff going on there.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2601 on: October 20, 2022, 04:03:50 PM »

They're gross 99% of the time because they lose all their speed going up the rail and end up having to tic-tac their landing. I'm having a hard time recalling when someone did it proper.....

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2602 on: October 20, 2022, 05:08:35 PM »
The only way to grip a board is horizontally…..

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #2603 on: October 20, 2022, 05:12:02 PM »
There are other ways that work fine

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2604 on: October 20, 2022, 06:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're gross 99% of the time because they lose all their speed going up the rail and end up having to tic-tac their landing. I'm having a hard time recalling when someone did it proper.....

Torey Pudwill bs smith up a proper 7 stair.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2605 on: October 20, 2022, 11:35:57 PM »
I am tired of hearing that skaters are special because they learn how to fall and get back up again in an early age or that they learn how to be persistent. The most sponsored skaters i know where never able to handle minor set backs in real live and have problems living outside the skate world. Learning how to physical fall and get back up does not help you in society. Heck, people who tried to persue a career in a team sport probably got more life lessons by having to deal with asshole coaches or being put on the bench

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #2606 on: October 21, 2022, 02:20:46 AM »
I am tired of hearing that skaters are special because they learn how to fall and get back up again in an early age or that they learn how to be persistent. The most sponsored skaters i know where never able to handle minor set backs in real live and have problems living outside the skate world. Learning how to physical fall and get back up does not help you in society. Heck, people who tried to persue a career in a team sport probably got more life lessons by having to deal with asshole coaches or being put on the bench

Nah bro didn't you hear? We're the only ones who can catch falling cups.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #2607 on: October 21, 2022, 02:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah bro didn't you hear? We're the only ones who can catch falling cups.
Yeah and remember blondey survived getting clipped by the car because he skates.

IpathCats

« Reply #2608 on: October 21, 2022, 06:33:51 AM »

I dont think this is unpopular

Expand Quote
[close]
There are other ways that work fine

Yea, but they're pretty unpopular

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #2609 on: October 21, 2022, 06:35:09 AM »
I think front feebles where they're super on top of the rail and dipped over too far are ugly.