Author Topic: What am's do you think should be pro?  (Read 7036 times)

nylin

Re: What am's do you think should be pro?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Too many dudes to name.  Ams are better than pros.  The real issue is which dudes shouldn't be pro.  Which current pros aren't skating as hard as ams.  Some are obvious, but what about "legends".. should Carroll really still have a board, in 2011, over someone like Ishod who's actually currently killing shit.  I thought professional meant better than amateur.  Should these legends get to live easy of their legacies while these new insane rippers are getting small changed?
[close]

Carroll deserves a board in 2021.

Steve Durante for obvious reasons

jaesi25

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
this topic is disrespectful to skating period. you wouldnt have ishod if someone didnt sponsor his ass.
how many great skaters has carroll brought to your attention? fucking kids think just because they can do a few tricks you are the reason skating exists. where did the fucking tricks come from? ishod or daewon? have you ever SEEN video days? what the fuck were you guys doing in 1991-96? probably shitting diapers or you werent even born.

you guys are the "sherm" generation. abunch of fucked delusional kids who think the world of skating revolves around them because they can do it switch.

go fuck yourselves while you listen to nikki minaj or whatever the NEW thing is.

your attitudes/opinions/observations are fucked up.
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
Jimmy Cao!
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
I don't understand how Carrol ended up being an example.....not only does he deserve a board just based on reputation....but his skating hasn't even slowed down....he's still better than most skaters out there....I don't know if there are just a bunch of kids with A.D.D. on here but it seems like if they haven't seen footage for a while of anybody they assume they aren't doing anything...I'm sure Carrol is still killing it but Girl always keeps things pretty hush until videos are coming together.

But more on topic:

Not that Tom Asta doesn't deserve it but it's too soon.  I can't believe he beat out Windsor James, Dennis Durrant, and Dane Burman.
He's young and still has a lot to prove for all the hype...and hes got time to make money from skating.....whereas the other guys are older and still not getting royalty cheques....it's kind of a slap to the face.

kevbo999

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
You are so fucking stupid sometimes that it's unbearable.

Dan Plunkett
Jake Johnson
Steve Durante
Jake Donnelly
Brad Cromer
Nate Broussard

Whatever, keep making wish lists of dudes who should be pro, but aren't because Justin Eldridge's board still sells.  As if the rocket science ledge tricks the 90's dudes did wouldn't have been done sooner or later. 

New dudes push skating just as hard yet don't get the instant and lasting fortunes previous pros had.  Give the legends a legend board that diehard fans such as yourself can order for decades to come.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
Clark Hassler.
Should be pro.

nothing's been the since same

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
this topic is disrespectful to skating period. you wouldnt have ishod if someone didnt sponsor his ass.
how many great skaters has carroll brought to your attention? fucking kids think just because they can do a few tricks you are the reason skating exists. where did the fucking tricks come from? ishod or daewon? have you ever SEEN video days? what the fuck were you guys doing in 1991-96? probably shitting diapers or you werent even born.
you guys are the "sherm" generation. abunch of fucked delusional kids who think the world of skating revolves around them because they can do it switch.

go fuck yourselves while you listen to nikki minaj or whatever the NEW thing is.

u mad

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

says the dude with Paul Rodriguez on his avatar.

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »
I'm going to start it off with Theotis Beasley.

Who else needs to go pro?

when transworld video drops.
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »

Calm down, your the one coming off as a kid when your leaving comments like that.
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

pollutedvision

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »
Nate Broussard has been in the game so long its surprising he's not pro yet. I really wanna see Tony Cervantes pro, dude is really good. I'm thinking when Cold War drops he'll get a pro model.

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 04:50:48 PM »
Mark Murray aka T-bag, biggest shredder in the uk with out a doubt. He fucking kills it.

JRCrashlanding

• Rep: 10
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
Whoever said Carroll shouldn't have a board: Seek help man. You obviously have issues.

But...Rigbone Malone
and Wes fucking Kremer. Kid is sick.
gently step on a hamburger wearing D3 2001s and film it

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote

Dan Plunkett
Jake Johnson
Steve Durante
Jake Donnelly
Brad Cromer
Nate Broussard
[close]

Whatever, keep making wish lists of dudes who should be pro, but aren't because Justin Eldridge's board still sells.  As if the rocket science ledge tricks the 90's dudes did wouldn't have been done sooner or later. 

New dudes push skating just as hard yet don't get the instant and lasting fortunes previous pros had.  Give the legends a legend board that diehard fans such as yourself can order for decades to come.
What the shit are you talking about?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Sexy Alf

• Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
I'd say James Hardy definitely deserves it, but the general consensus seems to be that he will go pro after the Real vid drops.  Ishod kills as well; he should be next in line on Real, imo.

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 61
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
wes & marius
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »
there are so many young folk with preposterous skills these days, it almost seems like its whoever thems that that sign checks are literally "feelin".  like it's like- hmmm, well all these guys reigned destruction today but i'm gonna put skater-A on because he was most chill, or hyped, or "humble", or white, or his go to tricks were not that gay, or had style, or doesn't remind me of the dude who stole my ham sandwich, etc.

that said, the cream does rise and the names have been mentioned, and the kids get better and better because that's the nature of beast.  and by beast i mean progression. 

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 07:04:43 AM »
there are so many young folk with preposterous skills these days, it almost seems like its whoever thems that that sign checks are literally "feelin".?  like it's like- hmmm, well all these guys reigned destruction today but i'm gonna put skater-A on because he was most chill, or hyped, or "humble", or white, or his go to tricks were not that gay, or had style, or doesn't remind me of the dude who stole my ham sandwich, etc.

that said, the cream does rise and the names have been mentioned, and the kids get better and better because that's the nature of beast.?  and by beast i mean progression.? 

becoming a pro/am skater looks like its getting the same as getting a job.

you could have all the same qualifications as the other bloke but he gets the job because his shoes were shinier.

theres alot of luck involved, but if youre flow/am and wanna get stepped up the easiest way seems to be frequenting on the berrics

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 07:14:30 AM »
lemme add Casey Rigney's name to this already awesome list!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

jimi420

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 08:15:54 AM »

That is exactly what i was doing. Damn Grandpa, next you're going to start yelling about us being on your lawn or something.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Dan Plunkett
Jake Johnson
Steve Durante
Jake Donnelly
Brad Cromer
Nate Broussard
[close]

[close]
What the shit are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure it was picking Carroll's name that got you labeled as stupid, not necessarily your argument. Carroll still kills it

mattdun

• Rep: 1
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:15 AM »
Not really anyone that stands out right now, turning pro shouldnt come easy
Dont force it

Hatechild

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »
Rigney, Wes and Durrant should be pro by the summer.

Hannity

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
there are so many young folk with preposterous skills these days, it almost seems like its whoever thems that that sign checks are literally "feelin".?  like it's like- hmmm, well all these guys reigned destruction today but i'm gonna put skater-A on because he was most chill, or hyped, or "humble", or white, or his go to tricks were not that gay, or had style, or doesn't remind me of the dude who stole my ham sandwich, etc.

that said, the cream does rise and the names have been mentioned, and the kids get better and better because that's the nature of beast.?  and by beast i mean progression.? 

[close]

becoming a pro/am skater looks like its getting the same as getting a job.

you could have all the same qualifications as the other bloke but he gets the job because his shoes were shinier.

theres alot of luck involved, but if youre flow/am and wanna get stepped up the easiest way seems to be frequenting on the berrics
koots' signature is truth:

Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »
nestor judkins. Come on now.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 02:27:58 PM »
Plunkett was the first guy who popped into my head.
But also Steve Durante, Ryan Lay, Bryan Bothelo, Dane Burman, Theotis, Clark Hassler

kevbo999

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was picking Carroll's name that got you labeled as stupid, not necessarily your argument. Carroll still kills it

When he occasionally decides to skate he does... if Guy can kick drugs and pull NBDs on handrails in his 30's, for Royal trucks, Mike should be able to do more than stand there and grin for his shoe ad.  The last sick trick I remember him doing was that kickflip over the bar in BATB like 2 years ago.

ogaxions4life

• Rep: -3
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
Felipe Gustavo all day every day.