Author Topic: cameraman question?  (Read 898 times)

florida16

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
cameraman question?
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »
How you doin i was wondering what do you have to do to be a cameraman for skateboarding magazines? what are the requirements?

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
Re: cameraman question?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
How you doin i was wondering what do you have to do to be a cameraman for skateboarding magazines? what are the requirements?
Make friends with people in the industry, build a sick portfolio with good pics of known skaters (if the skater is unknown, the pics need to be extraordinarily fucking dope), and be the first to get retardedly sick shots of tricks that you can haggle the value of. Befriending a few pros or ams (and getting on their phone list) might help a bit... it's all about where you are, who you know, what you can do, and a LOT of luck. At least that's what I've kind of gathered. There's no real set process... it's just about becoming a player in a relatively small circle.

It's not a stable job in the beginning since you're really just hustling photos, so you'll probably want to supplement your income with something ordinary like wedding photos, portraits, and other things that will actually help you afford food. Shit work, but paying work.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:19:50 PM »
 you need a several very expensive cameras with all the most modern features, for starters

MR INTERNET

• Rep: 9
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:01:03 PM »
Get on you knees and open your mouth wide for Atiba.