Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 142760 times)

Magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 450
  • She/They
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2023, 11:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm trying to get rid of mine but that’s looking like more of a 2024 task at present
[close]

(づ๑•ᴗ•๑)づ♡

i think an orchiectomy is the first major surgery i want to do. that or FFS, might hold off on that for a few years though to see what the hormones are capable of.
That's my train of thought too. 2 years of E have really altered my face, and if I do light makeup it's a huge change. I'd def let it work its magic for a while first.
DM me if you've got any questions :)
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2023, 07:33:19 PM »
so i just found out that i have very low testosterone levels. i'm at 173, adult males should be between 250-827. this is relevant because:

a) i'm super low energy... i have only skated once this year and once last year... despite watching skate videos everyday, i just always feel like skating takes too much energy and i can't do anything after that...

b) i think it might be a factor in explaining my asexuality... but i'm not sure. i think maybe i have a normal sex drive, but not much of a desire to have sex. but i'm very happy being ace! it helps me see through boys just trying to fuck, lol.

so the doctor said i need to test a few times to confirm. if so, i might start getting T injections... my friend did that and he says it helped him a lot. so! we'll see. and who knows how this could change me...?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2023, 06:16:54 AM »
I’ve been taking testosterone for years because I was super low. It’s been a fantastic experience for me. And yeah your sex drive will change for sure.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • breathcakes
« Reply #423 on: December 25, 2023, 08:30:50 AM »
I’ve been taking testosterone for years because I was super low. It’s been a fantastic experience for me. And yeah your sex drive will change for sure.

good to know! i've really enjoyed having little interest in sex but i have a wonderful boyfriend now so it would be nice to physically connect with him. also i hope i grow a little chest hair, ha. but my second out of third test was at the low end of normal, so we'll see!

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • breathcakes
« Reply #424 on: December 25, 2023, 08:32:17 AM »
i want my 1,000th post to be in here. just wanna say thanks y'all for being yourselves, it's great and meaningful to be visible. i love you all and hope a flower looks at you

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #425 on: December 25, 2023, 08:34:22 AM »
i want my 1,000th post to be in here. just wanna say thanks y'all for being yourselves, it's great and meaningful to be visible. i love you all and hope a flower looks at you

:) :)
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #426 on: January 01, 2024, 06:41:44 AM »
Happy New Year y’all. Love yous guys.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • breathcakes
« Reply #427 on: January 01, 2024, 10:30:48 AM »
Happy New Year y’all. Love yous guys.

same to u and everyone. i hope u all get lots of kisses

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #428 on: January 28, 2024, 01:31:05 PM »
I forget how it happened but the coworker that left clarified in the middle of a conversation “wait you are straight right?” And I said “yeah,” the same way I had for 99% of my life. But for the first time ever, because I sm becoming closer with my coworkers, I felt.. weird for lying. It’s not even a big lie. It’s a white lie. Who I am attracted to doesn’t affect anyone but me. But it was a lie to someone I respect and consider a friend, and it’s a lie I’ve told for… forever. But this time it ate at me, for weeks. I told her when she left the job “hey, remember when you asked me if I was straight…. I lied, I’m bi.” And she immediately told me she could tell something was up because the way I said it. So I guess she knew. And you all do too now.

I’ve been in a much better mood and it’s not like I’m even living my life differently - I’m in a monogamous relationship with my girlfriend and if all goes according to plan, she’ll have been the last first date I go on. But regardless it feels like I’ve been holding my breath - at first it’s no biggie, but the longer it goes the more difficult it gets, and you give up and take a deep breath. I’m breathing.

My girlfriend knows and has known. Some friends of varying degrees of closeness know. As of the last few weeks a few current coworkers know. Some friends post on here and I don’t know why they would end up here, but they might know. I want to tell my mother and everyone I consider chosen family in the future. I feel like my mom especially knows and thankfully from conversations with her I know she wouldn’t look at me differently. I’m lucky.

Thanks for reading, I hope you have a great day.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2024, 04:07:42 PM »
I doubt there’s anyone in this thread that doesn’t understand on some level. The fear of being cast out by friends, family, and coworkers is real and palpable. Rejection from those people fucked me up in a major way for a good long time. All of that is to say I love U and liked reading your post.

If anybody on here ever needs to chat about any kind of struggle please feel free to shoot me a DM. It’s difficult stuff to grapple with and can be overwhelming. I don’t consider myself any kind of authority…I just know how trippy it can be coming to terms with your sexuality. 

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2024, 05:45:11 PM »
I feel like my mom especially knows and thankfully from conversations with her I know she wouldn’t look at me differently. I’m lucky.

My mom made a hilarious comment when I told her.

"I suspected," she said.

"Oh? How so?" I asked.

She quickly responded, "Well, most boys stop throwing rocks at girls when they are like 7-years-old. You're 18. And you haven't stopped yet."

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2024, 06:27:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel like my mom especially knows and thankfully from conversations with her I know she wouldn’t look at me differently. I’m lucky.
[close]

My mom made a hilarious comment when I told her.

"I suspected," she said.

"Oh? How so?" I asked.

She quickly responded, "Well, most boys stop throwing rocks at girls when they are like 7-years-old. You're 18. And you haven't stopped yet."

Bahaha

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #432 on: January 29, 2024, 07:09:30 AM »
Really happy for you Allen, its scary to be so vulnerable with people but can be so rewarding too

I kind of unintentionally came out as bi to my family. I asked my siblings to help me workshop a tinder bio and they asked why there were guys coming up in my feed. I kind of figured that was self explanatory

My wife says she knew I was trans years before I came out because "no cis guy likes against me this much"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2216
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #433 on: January 29, 2024, 03:54:15 PM »
Very happy for our friend @Allen right now.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #434 on: January 29, 2024, 05:40:36 PM »
Good for you, Allen. It’s always worth it to speak up for yourself, as hard as it may be, to live authentically. I’m glad you’re feeling better, it seriously feels like a weight lifted afterword.

This is one of my favorite topics on here and I can’t believe I haven’t posted in it before.

I came out as non-binary a little over a year ago and I’ve slowly been integrating changes as they feel right. I pretty much always identified as bi sexual growing up, and felt the social stigma of it in the early-mid 2000s from other skaters but other people as well. It just wasn’t something people I knew were open about, no one ever said anything to me directly, but it was palpable. Okay y’all don’t fuck with me, I get it, I’ma go skate alone.

I always enjoyed wearing girls’ clothes growing up, most of my cousins are female and I absolutely couldn’t wait to go see them as a kid, knowing there would be a big makeover every time, we would then choreograph dances to the hit songs of the time and they would parade me around as their creation as my family would take video of our dance routines. Now strangely some of them don’t want to see me, like, are y’all surprised?

When I was 21 I got together with my sons mom (we are split up now). Very soon after meeting we were discussing being together, and I told her I was figuring stuff out. When she asked what, I told her I was a woman and wanted to live as one. She told me she wasn’t going to be with “some f**” and she needed a “real man”, something she would throw in my face during fights later. Obviously I stayed, big mistake! (Barring my son which is the best thing ever in my life ever)… And Gwen went into hiding… for years! It has been painful.

So last December I came out to family and friends as non binary but I’ve been realizing more that my gender is so fluid it occupies a space between femininity and nothing at all. Though a lot may view me as masc, I don’t identify with that at all. I watched a documentary with my mom about being trans when I was 18 and I told her “that’s me” and had goosebumps during the whole thing. She said it was just a phase and I’m just how god intended. She is understanding more now and has since taken that back for which I am very thankful.

So I’ve been wearing a lot more fem clothes and makeup when I feel safe to do so. It feels really good and natural and I’m finding what I like and finding my style again, it’s fun and liberating.

I saw something recently about coming out as trans or anything really and the loss that can come with that with friends and family. Reading it I was like “thank fuck I am safe from all that.” Or so I thought. The very next day, me and my gf had a talk because I had been feeling distance. After a while I just said flat out “you’re not attracted to me anymore are you?” She started crying (she never does) and said no not as much, when she sees me in makeup and a dress she doesn’t see her partner. She told me when we got together almost 3 years ago that she wasn’t attracted to femininity, I told her then and there I was nonbinary and if she wanted masc to look elsewhere. But I was still cosplaying as a “man” and always “seemed” masc. The way I put it is that she signed up for 2021 me and I’m no longer that person, or pretending to be. Like, I get it.
We are still best friends and live in the same house for now, we have the kids most days and a great relationship otherwise. It’s just that part is… turned off. Like I couldn’t be more thankful for still having her as a friend and having her tell me the truth.

Not gonna lie, the wind has kind of been taken out of my sails lately, and I’m going between feeling like fuck it, I already lost so much to this, may as well go all in and live authentically everyday to feeling too depressed to even try, which only compounds the issues I have with myself and how I present.

I recently came out to my work because they could tell I was struggling but I have received nothing but good treatment and talks with them. Sorry for the rant but I’ve been having a hard time and I know ultimately what my answer is, I’m just having a hard time trying now, especially with something that’s still new to me publicly,  I just don’t want to hide anymore. I have a referral out for therapy which can’t come soon enough! And hopefully I can talk to someone about doing low dose hrt to become more androgynous at the very least..

Much love to my queer slap pals and I hope you have a good day and know that you are loved. xoxo

herecomesaregular

• Rep: 12
« Reply #435 on: January 29, 2024, 07:26:03 PM »
Good for you, Allen. It’s always worth it to speak up for yourself, as hard as it may be, to live authentically. I’m glad you’re feeling better, it seriously feels like a weight lifted afterword.

This is one of my favorite topics on here and I can’t believe I haven’t posted in it before.

I came out as non-binary a little over a year ago and I’ve slowly been integrating changes as they feel right. I pretty much always identified as bi sexual growing up, and felt the social stigma of it in the early-mid 2000s from other skaters but other people as well. It just wasn’t something people I knew were open about, no one ever said anything to me directly, but it was palpable. Okay y’all don’t fuck with me, I get it, I’ma go skate alone.

I always enjoyed wearing girls’ clothes growing up, most of my cousins are female and I absolutely couldn’t wait to go see them as a kid, knowing there would be a big makeover every time, we would then choreograph dances to the hit songs of the time and they would parade me around as their creation as my family would take video of our dance routines. Now strangely some of them don’t want to see me, like, are y’all surprised?

When I was 21 I got together with my sons mom (we are split up now). Very soon after meeting we were discussing being together, and I told her I was figuring stuff out. When she asked what, I told her I was a woman and wanted to live as one. She told me she wasn’t going to be with “some f**” and she needed a “real man”, something she would throw in my face during fights later. Obviously I stayed, big mistake! (Barring my son which is the best thing ever in my life ever)… And Gwen went into hiding… for years! It has been painful.

So last December I came out to family and friends as non binary but I’ve been realizing more that my gender is so fluid it occupies a space between femininity and nothing at all. Though a lot may view me as masc, I don’t identify with that at all. I watched a documentary with my mom about being trans when I was 18 and I told her “that’s me” and had goosebumps during the whole thing. She said it was just a phase and I’m just how god intended. She is understanding more now and has since taken that back for which I am very thankful.

So I’ve been wearing a lot more fem clothes and makeup when I feel safe to do so. It feels really good and natural and I’m finding what I like and finding my style again, it’s fun and liberating.

I saw something recently about coming out as trans or anything really and the loss that can come with that with friends and family. Reading it I was like “thank fuck I am safe from all that.” Or so I thought. The very next day, me and my gf had a talk because I had been feeling distance. After a while I just said flat out “you’re not attracted to me anymore are you?” She started crying (she never does) and said no not as much, when she sees me in makeup and a dress she doesn’t see her partner. She told me when we got together almost 3 years ago that she wasn’t attracted to femininity, I told her then and there I was nonbinary and if she wanted masc to look elsewhere. But I was still cosplaying as a “man” and always “seemed” masc. The way I put it is that she signed up for 2021 me and I’m no longer that person, or pretending to be. Like, I get it.
We are still best friends and live in the same house for now, we have the kids most days and a great relationship otherwise. It’s just that part is… turned off. Like I couldn’t be more thankful for still having her as a friend and having her tell me the truth.

Not gonna lie, the wind has kind of been taken out of my sails lately, and I’m going between feeling like fuck it, I already lost so much to this, may as well go all in and live authentically everyday to feeling too depressed to even try, which only compounds the issues I have with myself and how I present.

I recently came out to my work because they could tell I was struggling but I have received nothing but good treatment and talks with them. Sorry for the rant but I’ve been having a hard time and I know ultimately what my answer is, I’m just having a hard time trying now, especially with something that’s still new to me publicly,  I just don’t want to hide anymore. I have a referral out for therapy which can’t come soon enough! And hopefully I can talk to someone about doing low dose hrt to become more androgynous at the very least..

Much love to my queer slap pals and I hope you have a good day and know that you are loved. xoxo

Lots of love to you. I came out as trans (fem) about a year and a half ago, many years into a long term live in relationship and we went through something similar. We ended up moving out eventually, after some unfortunate friction but it sounds like yall are on much more even footing. And we are close friends again now thankfully.

Your story of your negative experiences in skating also ring true for me. I quit for many years and missed almost nothing about skate culture in the intervening time, cause the misogyny and anti-queer shit was just awful. It’s a lot better these days, even though it’s not perfect.

Alls I’m saying I guess is I empathize a lot and just know that it’s all worth it, even the shit that leaves a scar is worth you living your actual life fucking finally. But definitely find a good therapist if you haven’t already because it’s not gonna be easy.

<3

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2216
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2024, 09:33:38 PM »
I’ll be damned if this ain’t my “feel good” thread of the year already.
Proud of the peoples out there making the skate world a more comfortable place for EVERYBODY.
Y’all are the dreams I had as a child.
Much love to the real ones.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: January 29, 2024, 10:35:08 PM »
I’ll be damned if this ain’t my “feel good” thread of the year already.
Proud of the peoples out there making the skate world a more comfortable place for EVERYBODY.
Y’all are the dreams I had as a child.
Much love to the real ones.

^ That.

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #438 on: January 30, 2024, 07:12:59 AM »

I know it can be tough but fwiw I'm proud of you for acknowledging and accepting things that can be really challenging to process <3

If your area has a queer resource/health center, that can be a good way to consolidate getting therapy, hormones, and other treatments in one place with professionals that are already proficient in the field

Erin's Informed Consent HRT map of the US
https://goo.gl/maps/sPYs962AJ4s444oCA

Gab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: January 31, 2024, 08:51:24 AM »
@herecomesaregular Thank you for the kind words and support. I really appreciate it. It’s definitely been a hard process, but it’s just that, a process. I have a hard time telling myself everything doesn’t have to happen all at once and I don’t need all the answers immediately. Again, thank you! <3

@Magnolia Thank you for your kind words and support. I appreciate the resource immensely. If that’s the same Erin I’m thinking of from IG, then she does great work. An invaluable resource nonetheless. I found an option right near my work. Trying to deal with multiple locations failing to give me a referral or even a callback has been a nightmare. I’m gonna give this place a call today and hopefully I can get on as a new patient. It really has been hard to process, but I’m proud of myself as well, as hard as it may be. Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I was about to not post that the other day, I was kind of spiraling and thought it wouldn’t be the best idea but in a way I’m glad I did. I’m just trying to stay busy, I joined a gym and have been going quite a bit, it’s helping me to stay well and gives me something to do with my body when I can’t skate. Next I just need to tackle my mental health, little by little. Thanks again y’all !

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #440 on: February 01, 2024, 06:10:47 AM »
I'm also gonna drop the link to the diy hrt wiki here bc it's a good resource for people in areas without easy to access care. They have a lot of good info about recommended doses etc because a lot of doctors start at levels below what's actually needed

I'm no expert but anyone can dm me with questions if they've got any

diyhrt.wiki

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1119
« Reply #441 on: February 01, 2024, 09:25:50 AM »
@Allen @Gab

so very proud of the both of you - thank you for sharing your stories with us.
you are very much loved around these parts!
<3

and thank you to @Magnolia for sharing the diy hrt resource link.
i'm about 4.5+ months deep on hrt myself and it has been the best decision i have ever made.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2024, 02:18:10 AM »
Thank you @ihatejulio and thanks @Magnolia for the link!

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2024, 09:33:30 AM »
Not to rehash the convo from last page, but Kenny Reed is a beautiful man. Not even part of the lgbt community myself.

Also, this T talk in here makes me think it’s something I should look into. I turn 39 in April and feel like it’s possible that my levels are a bit low. I’ve noticed a lot of hormonal changes in the last year or so.

Love you folks immensely! ❤️
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 831
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2024, 07:25:51 AM »
I know its a little late...
But I wanted to wish all the Trans/NB rippers in this thread a Happy Trans Day of Visibility.
I hope it was a good one for you all.
We love and support all of Y'all!
Its been so great to see the Chattanooga (and all other) queer skate community/communities come together and support each other.
You are seen, Valued and SOOOO LOVED.
Love, Moe and the Cassette family.

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2024, 10:41:43 AM »
I know its a little late...
But I wanted to wish all the Trans/NB rippers in this thread a Happy Trans Day of Visibility.
I hope it was a good one for you all.
We love and support all of Y'all!
Its been so great to see the Chattanooga (and all other) queer skate community/communities come together and support each other.
You are seen, Valued and SOOOO LOVED.
Love, Moe and the Cassette family.

Thanks Moe :)

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #446 on: April 10, 2024, 05:58:11 PM »
Sk9ing had been mad fun lately feel more like myself.

Fasttimes

• Rep: -32
« Reply #447 on: April 12, 2024, 02:53:10 AM »
I doubt there’s anyone in this thread that doesn’t understand on some level. The fear of being cast out by friends, family, and coworkers is real and palpable. Rejection from those people fucked me up in a major way for a good long time. All of that is to say I love U and liked reading your post.

If anybody on here ever needs to chat about any kind of struggle please feel free to shoot me a DM. It’s difficult stuff to grapple with and can be overwhelming. I don’t consider myself any kind of authority…I just know how trippy it can be coming to terms with your sexuality.

GAY, I have been enjoying your comments on here for years. That was an awesome message. That is the definition of skateboarding and SLAP. THANKS.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2024, 06:43:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

GAY, I have been enjoying your comments on here for years. That was an awesome message. That is the definition of skateboarding and SLAP. THANKS.

Ah, thanks…very kind of you to say. Truth is I’m old now and skate rarely anymore, so not sure I even have much to offer, but I very much know feeling alone in a subculture like skateboarding and just don’t want anyone to feel that way.

I’m also an idiot so if you’re queer and stupid…that’s ok too!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #449 on: April 17, 2024, 06:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ah, thanks…very kind of you to say. Truth is I’m old now and skate rarely anymore, so not sure I even have much to offer, but I very much know feeling alone in a subculture like skateboarding and just don’t want anyone to feel that way.

I’m also an idiot so if you’re queer and stupid…that’s ok too!

Ignorance is bliss! ;)

Also, since my last post on the matter above… I’ve come out to my closest friends and my mom. And all have been very supportive. It’s been so, so fucking great in an otherwise mildly shitty time.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this