Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174421 times)

Strike A Pose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #570 on: February 26, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »

Bastien rips. Skates fast.  Doing every trick is not necessary, he knows his strengths. Switch is boring. Last trick is fucking beautiful!

^This kid sucks at skating.

Point blank.

SheepShagger

« Reply #571 on: February 26, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Bastien rips. Skates fast.  Doing every trick is not necessary, he knows his strengths. Switch is boring. Last trick is fucking beautiful!
[close]

Point blank.

I definitely don't skate switch.

dipsteeze

• Rep: -22
« Reply #572 on: February 26, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
agreed. I haven't enjoyed anything from him since Wonderful Horrible Life.

I'm very glad you two have found a compromise. He hasn't enjoyed anything from you either.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:48:28 PM by dipsteeze »

« Reply #573 on: February 26, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »
Him skating flat is about a rad as his personality.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #574 on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.

switch is for bi-sexuals.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »
manny vs sewa. nyjah vs trent.

im going manny and trent

doublesteveburger

« Reply #576 on: February 27, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »
whoever said PJ is boring just... just fucking die.
just please do us a favor and fucking explode.
into one thousand fucking pieces.
i'll feed you to the dogs afterwards so don't worry about the mess.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:45 PM »
whoever said PJ is boring just... just fucking die.
just please do us a favor and fucking explode.
into one thousand fucking pieces.
i'll feed you to the dogs afterwards so don't worry about the mess.

If he is exploding, I think the mess will be the last of his worries.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2013, 03:46:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.
[close]

switch is great when you have a really awkward switch style, where you basicly are going blindly backwards while doing tricks. If you have the p rod style, the learning a trick in switch and learning a trick in general, take about the same time. which is cool too. Anyway, if you don't give respect for switch, then you are looking at skating from the same direction as your mom or an uncle, who only care about how cool a trick looks like.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #579 on: February 28, 2013, 03:53:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.
[close]

[close]

switch is great when you have a really awkward switch style, where you basicly are going blindly backwards while doing tricks. If you have the p rod style, the learning a trick in switch and learning a trick in general, take about the same time. which is cool too. Anyway, if you don't give respect for switch, then you are looking at skating from the same direction as your mom or an uncle, who only care about how cool a trick looks like.

Alot of skating is about how the trick looks, of course it is, why do you think people hate on varials but like 360 flips, because of how they look.

But i agree with you on the "switch style" bit, where the point of switch is to do a mililar trick but completley different at the same time. A good example bieng gilbert crocketts switch flips looking so different from his regular flips.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #580 on: February 28, 2013, 04:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Alot of skating is about how the trick looks, of course it is, why do you think people hate on varials but like 360 flips, because of how they look.

But i agree with you on the "switch style" bit, where the point of switch is to do a mililar trick but completley different at the same time. A good example bieng gilbert crocketts switch flips looking so different from his regular flips.

The reason, why people hate varial kickflips, is that it's usually the trick, that little kids do and that's why it looks bad. But any trick can be done stylishly when done by the right person. It usually looks bad, because not a whole lot of people have taken the time to perfect it and make it look good. but yeah, a lot of skating is about how it looks to a skaters eye, not to the regular persons eye, who would most likely want to see a backflip or some shit.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The reason, why people hate varial kickflips, is that it's usually the trick, that little kids do and that's why it looks bad. But any trick can be done stylishly when done by the right person. It usually looks bad, because not a whole lot of people have taken the time to perfect it and make it look good. but yeah, a lot of skating is about how it looks to a skaters eye, not to the regular persons eye, who would most likely want to see a backflip or some shit.

This. Every trick can look good, even some wack pressure flips. For example, BA has great varial flips, and I can imagine someone like Mike Mo stomping a good one too. It just depends who and how he does it. I love watching one of my homies do varial flips, because he just does them like its nothing, and the look great.

SheepShagger

« Reply #582 on: February 28, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.
[close]

[close]

That is the only thing worth caring about.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Point blank.
[close]

[close]

[close]

That is the only thing worth caring about.

Why are you linking my mum and uncle? What's going on here? Some switch shit?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2013, 06:47:34 PM »

foureyedjim

« Reply #585 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:46 AM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #586 on: March 03, 2013, 07:05:44 AM »
Sewa and Manny is going to be one weird looking game.

Armando

• Rep: -4
« Reply #587 on: March 03, 2013, 08:06:12 AM »
Sewa's tricks are soo sick, I hope he wins the whole thing

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #588 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »
Sewa and Manny is going to be one weird looking game.
Oh man, all those shove-it variations by Sewa looked so awkward. He didn't do the stanky leg only on varial flip. I couldn't stop laughing while watching this game, grade A entertainment. I hope Sewa goes through to the finals.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #589 on: March 03, 2013, 08:34:21 AM »
 I sat through the post game interview shit, Sawa and Reda talk about the first shove it and then some Frontside Flip that was a fuck up before Sawa went all 540 and late 180. I don't recall this mysterious frontside flip at all... :-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:38:31 AM by kingpinuser »

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #590 on: March 03, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
I sat through the post game interview shit, Sawa and Reda talk about the first shove it and then some Frontside Flip that was a fuck up before Sawa went all 540 and late 180. I don't recall this mysterious frontside flip at all... :-\

Just came here to say same thing....Sewa even talks about bailing a f/s flip too. I guess there is proof these games are edited.

As robotic as people say he is those Sewa tricks were wild.

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #591 on: March 03, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »
When I saw him miss that pop shuv, I thought Sewa was gonna get murked. I've never seen someone do a 540 flip on flat so easily
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:51:29 AM by Sandy Eggo »

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #592 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
ender trick was wtf, so essentially a fs big kickflip? or like a ghettobird the other way

also never seen a yo 540 shuv haha

good to see manny having fun, also didnt expect the outcome judging from sewas last game a year or two ago

also LMAO at the awkward moment when sewa didnt get the 8 mile reference hahahah
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:54:39 AM by Thelonious P »

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2013, 08:54:53 AM »
Sewa's fuckin rad. Damn.

Can you do shit like ollie to manuel to kickflip on flat in this? Sewa could probably do shit like that with nollie flips.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just came here to say same thing....Sewa even talks about bailing a f/s flip too. I guess there is proof these games are edited.

As robotic as people say he is those Sewa tricks were wild.

Yeah that's pretty fishy, but say if it's Manny's turn to set the trick and he bails, then it's Sewa's turn to set the trick and he bails too, I could see why they would edit it out because it wouldn't serve a purpose. I don't know if that's what happened but it would make sense. Just edit that shit out of the post game too.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #595 on: March 03, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
Well it's 2013 so we really should be seeing a lot more 540 stuff,  I mean jeez. 

Kudos to the big russian. I know Paul was like, "great i'm gonna have to play this fool to get into the semis."

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #596 on: March 03, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
Double tre flip, 540 shuv, 540 kick, hardflip front 180, easy...  Pop-shuvit, varial kickflip...  Not so much...
I suck at SLAP.

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #597 on: March 03, 2013, 10:02:43 AM »
good shit sewa. and yea they're edited...hope you would know by now. it's not that hard to track when they do a trick if they are on the same side they landed on or not....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:07:45 AM by johntsunami »

jimi420

« Reply #598 on: March 03, 2013, 10:06:24 AM »
I hope Sewa can beat PRod or it's just the same dudes in the finals as always.

poop22

• Rep: -2
« Reply #599 on: March 03, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »
Yea Nanny mentions a back 180 late flip in the post as well. Where is it?