Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 98336 times)

peengod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #480 on: June 19, 2020, 11:43:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Companies coming out of 70s California were not surprisingly big on Nazi imagery- 70s and 80s CA was nazi land. Vans manages to not put nazi logos on everything (yes I know about the TNT shoes with Indy logos on them) while still maintaining some history so it can be done. Anyway Indy should move on. Replace their logo with a screaming foot or something
[close]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like the association to JJ alone makes the logo appear to be in poor taste. Doesn't really seem worth it keeping an outdated symbol.
[close]
Thanks and for the record I’m not say no one ride Indys- I... ride Indys. Just think it’s time to move on to another logo.

I've been riding indy since my start as well. I truly just dont get whats so controversial for these old heads to move on from that logo though? I remember looking at their comments a few days ago and any discussion about the logo was met with a bunch of dorks saying "STOP BEING SENSITIVE"

u know shits wack as fuck when the main people arguing with you are 40 year old men who wear cargo shorts lol

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #481 on: June 20, 2020, 08:44:28 PM »
Not Indy, obviously, but I was just reminded of these Flip designs from watching Boulala's Sorry part (maybe he was riding Indys as well to complete the ensemble?)

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #482 on: June 21, 2020, 05:36:34 AM »
Can this thread be cancelled now please.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #483 on: June 21, 2020, 05:55:29 AM »
Not Indy, obviously, but I was just reminded of these Flip designs from watching Boulala's Sorry part (maybe he was riding Indys as well to complete the ensemble?)

He indeed rode indys

Double extremely sorry

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2020, 07:04:34 AM »
I’m a symbol addict

David Lee Sloth

• Rep: -77
« Reply #485 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck I didn't screen shot it but Breana commented about how they should get rid of the cross.
As far as I can tell the comment has been removed.
[close]

Here you go...

[close]

I'm probably taking someone's post but...

Who?

Exactly. She's too new in the industry to try and shot call like that

David Lee Sloth

« Reply #486 on: June 21, 2020, 09:17:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck I didn't screen shot it but Breana commented about how they should get rid of the cross.
[close]
I just thought the same thing. Something along the lines of “Now it’s time to remove the cross babes.”
[close]
Yeah thats pretty much what she said.
Very interested to see if anyone else will say something to Indy.
[close]

If you read the comments Lacey baker says she rode for them for years but just quit a month ago because they wouldn't change their logo

Good for they. Start your own truck company.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #487 on: June 21, 2020, 09:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Here you go...

[close]

Who?
[close]

I agree, no one’s voice should matter in the industry until they’re 45 years old and completely out of touch.

Oh, and the word you’re looking for is “them.”
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

David Lee Sloth

« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Here you go...

[close]

Who?
[close]

[close]
I agree, no one’s voice should matter in the industry until they’re 45 years old and completely out of touch.

[/quote

The point is she's riding on their dime. Don't like it, quit. And ride for "them". Sorry, I'm not "hip" with the lingo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2020, 09:41:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Here you go...

[close]

Who?
[close]

[close]

[/quote

The point is she's riding on their dime. Don't like it, quit. And ride for "them". Sorry, I'm not "hip" with the lingo
[close]

Why shouldn’t an employee voice an opinion about a company they work with? Why does worker voice worry you? I’ll hazard a guess that you aren’t a successful company owner. You might be an employee. Why shouldn’t you be able to express an opinion about where you presumably work? (I’m guessing you).

The at best, sarcastic, ‘outlaw’ imagery, hasn’t aged well. Why does the notion of changing it bother people? What is the draw to the nazi-lite symbol? Why not just go full ‘swazi’?

Glurmpz

« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »

In 1996 I had a Flip shirt with that font and underneath it said " Hate. Kill. Destroy.", no lie. I wore it once when I went to work (at a restaurant, changing out of the tee into a uniform) and my filipino friend tripped out. I'm from a small east coast town in Canada that's almost entirely white, so at the time I had no idea flip was a slur. Never wore that shirt again.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: June 21, 2020, 09:52:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In 1996 I had a Flip shirt with that font and underneath it said " Hate. Kill. Destroy.", no lie. I wore it once when I went to work (at a restaurant, changing out of the tee into a uniform) and my filipino friend tripped out. I'm from a small east coast town in Canada that's almost entirely white, so at the time I had no idea flip was a slur. Never wore that shirt again.

And that’s just the decent response.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1489
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
I'm filipino. That's our word.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2020, 10:12:15 AM »
It’s actually funny that that some of the people who skate for Indy have now just decided they have a problem with the cross, why not when they first got on the team? Surely if you were that against the logo you wouldn’t have signed up in the first place?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #494 on: June 21, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »
It’s actually funny that that some of the people who skate for Indy have now just decided they have a problem with the cross, why not when they first got on the team? Surely if you were that against the logo you wouldn’t have signed up in the first place?

Times change. You learn new things. You gain perspective and look at things a different way. I'm guessing this has never happened to you.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: June 21, 2020, 10:16:46 AM »

I think it’s ‘funny’/worrisome that you cannot see how someone would grow, evolve, and change their mind over time

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: June 21, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it’s ‘funny’/worrisome that you cannot see how someone would grow, evolve, and change their mind over time
No, the only reason they changed their mind was to jump on the bandwagon through fear of being deemed racist, they didn’t give a shit about that cross a month ago, they were just happy being sponsored regardless of its history. Just being sheep.

left_mutant

• Rep: 1
« Reply #497 on: June 21, 2020, 02:42:09 PM »

Good call I always wondered why no one ever questioned the Flip iron cross. It’s pretty blatant. 
They’re graphics vibe heavily off the Motorhead aesthetic that unapologetically uses Nazi imagery on all it’s merch.  It’s a known fact that Lemmy Kilmister was a serious collector of WW2 German militaria.

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #498 on: June 21, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good call I always wondered why no one ever questioned the Flip iron cross. It’s pretty blatant. 
They’re graphics vibe heavily off the Motorhead aesthetic that unapologetically uses Nazi imagery on all it’s merch.  It’s a known fact that Lemmy Kilmister was a serious collector of WW2 German militaria.

...yup.  Sorry if it makes some folx uncomfortable but if you grew up white in the suburbs you probably grew up w some racist shit around.  Just get over it and move on.  The way I see it, you basically have a free pass rn to come out and admit hey I’m not perfect.  It’s a good time to rethink some things.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
No, the only reason they changed their mind was to jump on the bandwagon through fear of being deemed racist, they didn’t give a shit about that cross a month ago, they were just happy being sponsored regardless of its history. Just being sheep.
  I agree but that doesn't mean it isnt a good idea to get rid of the cross. It would be a fuck you to their white pride customers of which there's a lot.  Good message I guess rite?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
  I agree but that doesn't mean it isnt a good idea to get rid of the cross. It would be a fuck you to their white pride customers of which there's a lot.  Good message I guess rite?
Yeah I get what your saying man.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »
  They should give Peanut a pro truck and have a full pager of him ripping to introduce whatever new Indy symbol.  If they had a contest to design a symbol thing it'd prolly get a ton of art submitted and they could get something better for sure.

Glurmpz

« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

And that’s just the decent response.

I got the shirt for free and I remember it fit well, so that's probably why I wore it, but as soon as my friend clued me in to his first impression of it I felt horrible about my commute to work wearing it. No idea why I would wear that, looking back. Seems out of character. Dumbass kid.

David Lee Sloth

« Reply #503 on: June 21, 2020, 11:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Here you go...

[close]

Who?
[close]

[close]

[/quote

[close]

Why shouldn’t an employee voice an opinion about a company they work with? Why does worker voice worry you? I’ll hazard a guess that you aren’t a successful company owner. You might be an employee. Why shouldn’t you be able to express an opinion about where you presumably work? (I’m guessing you).

The at best, sarcastic, ‘outlaw’ imagery, hasn’t aged well. Why does the notion of changing it bother people? What is the draw to the nazi-lite symbol? Why not just go full ‘swazi’?
[close]

You still haven't heard a goddamn thing ive said. Dont like it, QUIT

conqueso

« Reply #504 on: June 22, 2020, 02:11:46 AM »
  They should give Peanut a pro truck and have a full pager of him ripping to introduce whatever new Indy symbol.  If they had a contest to design a symbol thing it'd prolly get a ton of art submitted and they could get something better for sure.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: June 22, 2020, 04:17:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Right you don't know who Peanut Brown is.  Well he ripped, rode Ranally trucks.  Skated stylishly.  Knocked out Jason Jesse.

conqueso

« Reply #506 on: June 22, 2020, 04:58:32 AM »
mannn yes I do really I should've read the username before I responded. ignore on.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2020, 05:09:50 AM »
mannn yes I do really I should've read the username before I responded. ignore on.
  So ur just a mean cunt basically, great.

KINGTONY

• Rep: -81
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2020, 05:12:06 AM »
didnt even fuckin know who he was nice withdrawl

Ocelot

« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2020, 06:13:11 AM »
lol breezeana just cucked the company she rides for