Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 107915 times)

winecrab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2020, 08:49:45 PM »
Also, I hate the fact that when someone dies everyone acts like they're the best dude ever all of a sudden and they get put on a pedestal.  The latest example is Grosso. Yes, it's sad that he died but who actually gave a fuck about him or his skating? You got your jager...

Saint Coke

« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2020, 09:52:10 PM »
Also, I hate the fact that when someone dies everyone acts like they're the best dude ever all of a sudden and they get put on a pedestal.  The latest example is Grosso. Yes, it's sad that he died but who actually gave a fuck about him or his skating? You got your jager...
Been a big fan of his for awhile. I even bought his board.

Saint Coke

« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2020, 09:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Nollie heels are a beautiful trick.
[close]
When did this become an unpopular opinion? Now, if you said Fakie Heels you'd have an unpopular opinion.
I just don't see them often that's all.

jesus horse

• Rep: -43
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »
You're nervous you will never get to that pedestal, huh?  Winecrab?

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2020, 10:26:51 PM »

You said it yourself that this is a fact and not an opinion.  And you are objectively wrong.  Focus your account. 

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2020, 10:58:17 PM »
Andy Anderson boards keep selling out, but from what I see on insta, it’s the consumers are about 20% under 12, and 80% over 40 years old.

And I fall into the latter category
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2020, 10:59:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it's kind of lame to gas up grown women who have poor style and three tricks just because they're attractive or being held to super low standards
[close]

Beatrice is queen of this category.

She has beautiful style tho.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2020, 12:36:10 AM »
French fries are better with mustard
Skating and Baitin

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2020, 12:44:58 AM »
gas station roller tacos are amazing

this is a fact my guy.😂
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2020, 01:30:30 AM »
The End was a good video

That tends to happen when you have Kirchart and Reynolds in your video.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2020, 01:57:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
When did this become an unpopular opinion? Now, if you said Fakie Heels you'd have an unpopular opinion.

What's the diff? Looks wise.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2020, 03:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

What's the diff? Looks wise.

you just know

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2020, 04:49:12 AM »

Do you find that that most people you meet hate you? Just wondering

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2020, 06:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you find that that most people you meet hate you? Just wondering

Haha just the opposite. I'm extremely honest and blunt so people either love me or hate me (those people are pussies that aren't used to people calling then out).

Jesus Horse: I couldn't give a fuck about what people say or think of me when I'm dead. I hope they throw my body in the trash when I die.

Circaskater420: I'm not objectively wrong. It's a fact that people are afraid to say anything negative about a person after they die because it's taboo and they're scared about what people will think of them.  Focus? You're a fucking wimp.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »
The janoski slip on is very ugly and nearly ruined a lot of recent footy

I agree but...

flat black paint fixes that. A painted jan slip looks fire
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2020, 07:32:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's kind of lame to gas up grown women who have poor style and three tricks just because they're attractive or being held to super low standards
[close]

Beatrice is queen of this category.
[close]

She has beautiful style tho.

When?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
Shane is the only person who I don’t feel like them wearing janowskies kind of ruins the clips.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2020, 08:11:32 AM »
P-stone brew series is still better than any Strobeck/Supreme video.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2020, 08:58:03 AM »

Depends on both the fries and the mustard, but yes, you have a point, unpopular though it may be

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Depends on both the fries and the mustard, but yes, you have a point, unpopular though it may be

mayo

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1119
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »
Pretty Sweet is not as awful as people make it out to be. MJ's, CK's, and the AO/BA/Carrol section are very enjoyable to me and the video itself is actually filmed really well. It just suffered greatly from Ty's spastic jump-cut editing style and a LOT of unnecessary filler. Overproduction is another thing, but if the head of your production company is Spike fucking Jonze then it's going to get a more distinguishable production treatment than your average full-length video.

I'll also admit there are some extremely questionable music choices throughout and some people's parts were not good (ex. MikeMo). Other than that, watching Pretty Sweet in 2020 and comparing it to our current long-lens, zoom-in Strobeck era makes the current filming style of today look trite & tacky in comparison. The problem with Pretty Sweet is that it's awful aspects completely overshadow the good, but there are more redeemable qualities in it than people give it credit for. Overall, the video is more average/good than the worst skate video that has ever come out like some people overly exaggerate it to be.

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2020, 12:28:52 PM »
P-stone brew series is still better than any Strobeck/Supreme video.

His "bru-ray" shorts on the thrasher site are also great.

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

ballintoohard

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2020, 01:12:05 PM »
I wouldn't care if Andy Roy passed on

Rat

• Rep: -8
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »

The only form of this trick I dislike is when it's done to a bs noseslide.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 01:23:55 PM by Rat »

no name cargos plug

« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2020, 02:05:35 PM »
I miss the big cat.

Saint Coke

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »
I don't really like GX1000 anymore. Feels more like a company now rather than a group of really good skaters. 

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
if anyone gets their panties in a bunch about the use of the term 'varial flip' for a street trick..

..you could just call it a '180 flip'

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2020, 12:06:09 AM »
Pretty Sweet is not as awful as people make it out to be. MJ's, CK's, and the AO/BA/Carrol section are very enjoyable to me and the video itself is actually filmed really well. It just suffered greatly from Ty's spastic jump-cut editing style and a LOT of unnecessary filler. Overproduction is another thing, but if the head of your production company is Spike fucking Jonze then it's going to get a more distinguishable production treatment than your average full-length video.

I'll also admit there are some extremely questionable music choices throughout and some people's parts were not good (ex. MikeMo). Other than that, watching Pretty Sweet in 2020 and comparing it to our current long-lens, zoom-in Strobeck era makes the current filming style of today look trite & tacky in comparison. The problem with Pretty Sweet is that it's awful aspects completely overshadow the good, but there are more redeemable qualities in it than people give it credit for. Overall, the video is more average/good than the worst skate video that has ever come out like some people overly exaggerate it to be.

current filming style of today look trite & tacky in comparison - do we really need a comparison to conclude that fat Bill filming is fuckin terrible?

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2020, 01:35:08 AM »
Jamie Foy is the best skater alive

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2020, 06:12:12 AM »

I was just getting back into skating when this came out so I missed all the hype around it. I was just stoked for a new girl and chocolate video. I had never heard of any of the guys added after fully flared. CK’s part got me stoked AF. Dude had my favorite part in the video. MJ has a solid part. If you put it on mute I like Malto’s part. KA’s opening line with the nose manual, powerslides, then back 360 is one of the most beautiful lines I’ve ever seen. With all that said it has some all time bad music and is extremely over produced. I haven’t watched anything Ty has made since and I won’t watch anything he films ever again.