Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 107904 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2020, 12:08:21 PM »
Mike Arnold has terrible style
Every photo of this dude looks like a G.I Joe action figure with a broken inner rubber band

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »
A few more, kook button be damned.
Crailtap, while not at the levels of the Paco/Mouse/Chocolate Tour era, is doing better than anyone on here gives them credit for.  They have a good youth movement and survived longer/better than some of their 90s contemporaries.
A lot of people on here lie about snapping boards/breaking trucks, etc in order to shit on brands they don't like. 
It's weird how skate culture prided on being rebellious, yet bogs all that down with too many arbitrary ass unwritten rules.
This is more age/location based for me, but 90's East Coast hip hop era skating > 80's West Coast post punk rock era skating.  Rodney Smith & Zoo York did more than Steve Olson/Santa Cruz for me.

Dude, I dig what Crailtap has been doing the last few  years. The Flare was sick as was Doll (That Griffin Gass part to Ghosface was nuts), it's good that they have started to focus on the new blood whos out there skating and not having legacy riders who are dope but barely film shit anymore.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2020, 06:21:57 AM »
I really like homie videos kinda like Worbles New Driveway, something about it gives me the same feeling of watching a shop video or friends dorking about.
Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »
Crailtap, while not at the levels of the Paco/Mouse/Chocolate Tour era, is doing better than anyone on here gives them credit for.  They have a good youth movement and survived longer/better than some of their 90s contemporaries.
A lot of people on here lie about snapping boards/breaking trucks, etc in order to shit on brands they don't like. 
It's weird how skate culture prided on being rebellious, yet bogs all that down with too many arbitrary ass unwritten rules.
This is more age/location based for me, but 90's East Coast hip hop era skating > 80's West Coast post punk rock era skating.  Rodney Smith & Zoo York did more than Steve Olson/Santa Cruz for me.

I never seem to remember this east coast 90s hip hop thing young people always yap about.

I remember a totally different sound track in key east video parts.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2020, 07:16:03 AM »
Bubblegum Tates rep should be the same but without the minus sign

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #365 on: April 30, 2020, 07:23:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I never seem to remember this east coast 90s hip hop thing young people always yap about.

Eastern Exposure - The Artifacts, Pete Rock etc.  balanced with Archers of Load and Sebadoh sure

But then you have to consider all the Zoo York Mixtape and Heads videos.   All east coast hip hop.   411 was utilitzing it alot.   

The Plan B and Girl vids having super obsure hip hop at the time.   It was a thing for sure.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #366 on: April 30, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Eastern Exposure - The Artifacts, Pete Rock etc.  balanced with Archers of Load and Sebadoh sure

But then you have to consider all the Zoo York Mixtape and Heads videos.   All east coast hip hop.   411 was utilitzing it alot.   

The Plan B and Girl vids having super obsure hip hop at the time.   It was a thing for sure.

Mix tape aside I just don't remember IDK. I love Pete rock
(A)pl(E)

Bata

« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2020, 08:00:16 AM »
generator and lights street skating at night produces the best clips

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Mike Arnold has terrible style
[close]
Every photo of this dude looks like a G.I Joe action figure with a broken inner rubber band

I will fight you both, mikey is a gift to the industry

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #369 on: April 30, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
Bubblegum Tates rep should be the same but without the minus sign
BGT holds it down in the shoes and gear section but they know what they did
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #370 on: April 30, 2020, 06:18:32 PM »
lindsey robertson sounds like the name of someone who plays soccer

ha.

30somethinghasbeen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2020, 06:29:31 AM »
Anchorman is a terrible movie.

Stepbrothers sucked too.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2020, 06:32:23 AM »
People give Jamie Thomas too much shit on here. The guys a legend and one of the best ever at skating and filming/editing/making skate videos.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Bata

« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2020, 07:13:44 AM »
Jamie Thomas can do no wrong in my book but thats only cuz in THPS1 his special tricks had the most intuitive button combos.

Meathook

• Rep: 74
« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2020, 07:31:04 AM »
All California skateboarding is boring

People within skateboarding should stop hanging out with or supporting Jason Jesse on the low.  If you associate with him, I align your beliefs with his.

The McClungs are sick skaters when they’re not rapidly growing through mitosis to reproduce.

Anti Hero culture (Hellride, 18, “yeewwwwww”, etc) isn’t that tight.

The DC resurgence is already dying out.  They will be back in Marshall’s and TJ Max by 2022.

John Shanahan needed to quit DGK yesterday.

Shalom.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #375 on: May 01, 2020, 08:21:19 AM »
That window needed to be broken my Milton. Also that tree needed to be be awkwardly thrown by Rhino too.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #376 on: May 01, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Nollie heels are a beautiful trick.
[close]
When did this become an unpopular opinion? Now, if you said Fakie Heels you'd have an unpopular opinion.

I love fakie heels

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »
All California skateboarding is boring

People within skateboarding should stop hanging out with or supporting Jason Jesse on the low.  If you associate with him, I align your beliefs with his.

The McClungs are sick skaters when they’re not rapidly growing through mitosis to reproduce.

Anti Hero culture (Hellride, 18, “yeewwwwww”, etc) isn’t that tight.

The DC resurgence is already dying out.  They will be back in Marshall’s and TJ Max by 2022.

John Shanahan needed to quit DGK yesterday.

Shalom.

Jesus christ John Shanahan is on DGK but the other dude just switched from them to Palace? Feel like Palace got their names mixed up or some shit cause Shanahan woulda made sense but that dude Jahmir def shoulda just stayed right where the fuck he was.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #378 on: May 01, 2020, 02:16:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's kind of lame to gas up grown women who have poor style and three tricks just because they're attractive or being held to super low standards
[close]

Beatrice is queen of this category.
[close]

She has beautiful style tho.
[close]

When?

When she’s 5050 front shuv‘eming
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »

Stepbrothers sucked too.
Will Ferrell is the worst.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2020, 02:42:55 PM »
I like to watch Joey Brezinski's skateboarding.

I refuse to ride a board larger than 8.0

The article dispelling the use of "core" was poorly thought out and was built on straw man arguments.

Sometimes, it is hard to tell if some of the skate charities are doing more good for the people who run them than the communities they are "trying to help."

OverVert had too much Louie Barletta.

What's the core article?

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2020, 03:29:14 PM »
There's alot of kooky kids out there and skateboarding can be very critical. In the past, all of the unwritten rules and vibing was a way to weed out the weak. We don't need that anymore. We need to accept cultural change. These days, we need to be more welcoming to the ones we find the most distasteful - especially the kids that buy revive, the andi andsersons and dashawns in training, and even the chaDDs. The oddest losers need the most love and there could be more at stake than we might think at first glance. Not every kid from a bad home is a rough skate rat. Some are total dorks and they need skateboarding so very much. It's 2020 and as long as we survive we need to keep our arms open. This shit saves lives and it should be for everyone.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #382 on: May 01, 2020, 04:12:25 PM »
Jordan taylor is the american version of Blondey MCcoy

NE SEctor

• Rep: -22
« Reply #383 on: May 01, 2020, 05:21:31 PM »
With all the palace talk in the last thread Shawn Powers came to mind, and honestly... I can enjoy his skating knowing he does not take himself seriously at all.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #384 on: May 01, 2020, 05:33:24 PM »
I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion among this crowd, but skateboarding as a collective needs to stop making every cop who can do a kickflip go viral.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »
I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion among this crowd, but skateboarding as a collective needs to stop making every cop who can do a kickflip go viral.
ACAB
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #386 on: May 01, 2020, 05:56:42 PM »

Fuck that shit. Why would you hand your board to a cop. I go out of my way to go the other way when one of those dudes come around.
(A)pl(E)

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #387 on: May 01, 2020, 08:47:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Stepbrothers sucked too.
[close]

I wish you could see the reaction I get when I tell people I tried watching Stepbrothers like one time and didn’t care for it. People get actually angry

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #388 on: May 01, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »
Fuck that shit. Why would you hand your board to a cop. I go out of my way to go the other way when one of those dudes come around.
I really enjoy the small comments you make at times.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stepbrothers sucked too.
[close]
[close]
I wish you could see the reaction I get when I tell people I tried watching Stepbrothers like one time and didn’t care for it. People get actually angry

You guys aren't alone, I tried watching both those movies and Old School and didn't like any of them. The only memorable scene in any of them is when Ferrell sang Por Ti Volare in Stepbrothers. I'm glad I missed out on the million other movies he's made. He actually seems better on TV - fond memories of Janet Reno's Dance Party.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #389 on: May 01, 2020, 09:08:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I really enjoy the small comments you make at times.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stepbrothers sucked too.
[close]
[close]
[close]

You guys aren't alone, I tried watching both those movies and Old School and didn't like any of them. The only memorable scene in any of them is when Ferrell sang Por Ti Volare in Stepbrothers. I'm glad I missed out on the million other movies he's made. He actually seems better on TV - fond memories of Janet Reno's Dance Party.

I really liked Will Ferrell on SNL but his movies are the worst.  I remember watching Anchorman and didn't even crack a fucking smile the entire time, while the girl I was with was hysterical.  That Ricky Bobby movie was horrible too.