Author Topic: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.  (Read 64356 times)

HowMakeBoardFlip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2021, 01:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Gifted Hater is basically just Slap video posts.

I wish him the very best on the dicier topics.
[close]

I dig his content but the nasally tone is so hard to listen to...

Set it to run at 0.5x speed and it'll sound way lower...plus the GH videos will be twice as long, win/win

I dropped a pretty non-controversial comment on SkateMoms IG post asking why a "small increase in production costs" lead to a 14x increase in price and was banned within 30 seconds. At least their social media team is on point I guess...impressive speed on that slightly-negative-comment-delete.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:29:37 AM by HowMakeBoardFlip »

HowMakeBoardFlip

« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2021, 01:39:02 AM »
After thinking about it some more, I suspect someone told her charging $100 for her pants was too little, and to mark them up to a ridiculous price but then mark them back down a bit later to something that seems more reasonable after seeing a $1400 price tag. Like $500 or something, which is still far too much. If it's not that, or some sort of marketing joke that missed the mark, then yeah, full on scumbag shit.

These are NOT luxury pants. They are sweatshop pants with a god damned elastic waistband lol. Those welt pockets don't even look well constructed - no bartack/reenforcement on the ends, which is standard and crucial at that stress point.

As someone who puts a lot of time into designing and manufacturing custom pants, I find this insulting, frankly.

Nailed it - price anchoring (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/anchoring.asp) is a real thing, but I don't think it really works when the anchor price is this absurd. I guess we'll see, if I notice someone roll up to the spot in these I won't even hate, just ask them to please explain WHY because I'm honestly just confused

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2021, 01:45:35 AM »
I want to start skatedadjeans.com
We will sell refurbished dad jeans only,

pay no more than 20 dollars a piece,
free stickers on every purchase

Must be worn with NB1010, Tiago Lemos' pro model in, in the white / blue colorway
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2021, 02:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Must be worn with NB1010, Tiago Lemos' pro model in, in the white / blue colorway

Grill-worthy.

wobbler

• Rep: 3
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2021, 06:47:58 AM »
She's just trying the same shit that made a name for Vetements. But she's doing it in an even lamer way.

And it's still working. Derp.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2021, 07:07:47 AM »
Imagine getting robbed for your pants instead of your shoes

Imagine getting robbed for clothes at all!

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2021, 07:12:55 AM »

how much for the shipping? 1380USD?

also, do you have a nice ass?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2021, 09:02:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Imagine getting robbed for your pants instead of your shoes
[close]

Imagine getting robbed for clothes at all!
happens all the time. jackets shoes etc. but champion socks though lmao thats the lowest ive heard

HowMakeBoardFlip

« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2021, 09:07:10 AM »

Is it though...do we know if anyone has actually purchased these IRL besides her friends & cariooma crew? Or do you mean just getting people talking about them in the first place ("no such thing as bad publicity" and all that) as demonstrated by 6 pages of discussing this ;D

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2021, 09:27:36 AM »
We’ve officially entered the Big Mama Small Shove-It era of skateboarding. Enjoy it everybody.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2021, 09:35:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is it though...do we know if anyone has actually purchased these IRL besides her friends & cariooma crew? Or do you mean just getting people talking about them in the first place ("no such thing as bad publicity" and all that) as demonstrated by 6 pages of discussing this ;D

I'm actually curious as to how her core/early customers feel?

I've talked to a girl at the skatepark who loved her pants. Girl specific baggy pants with pockets was a dream according to her. Guess not having to buy in the boys section is a plus.

It's evident her early on customers aren't ballin as fuck – they're normal young skater women that are mostly HS/early college age. So does this kind of money grab kill the vibe for the brand?

kenjiro

« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2021, 09:36:16 AM »
I’m annoyed cause she built her brand off of skaters. I remember when she made pants just cause “other skate pants didn’t fit as good”.  Girls and kids who were her customers are now alienated because of the price. She built her brand and is now cashing in on “fashion”. Corny and goofy as fuck. This is the time i’ll actually use the word sell out. It went from a cool woman owned skater business to a cash grab. Way to go melissa martinez

kenjiro

« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2021, 09:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've talked to a girl at the skatepark who loved her pants. Girl specific baggy pants with pockets was a dream according to her. Guess not having to buy in the boys section is a plus.

It's evident her early on customers aren't ballin as fuck – they're normal young skater women that are mostly HS/early college age. So does this kind of money grab kill the vibe for the brand?

it kills it with any kids/ normal adults. Those are the two main customers with skateboarding.

I saw a comment on an older post of hers of a 13 year old girl saying “my dad said i could buy some, which size should i get?”

How can you knowingly do that to kids. sometimes I think the fame gets to people and what made their brand successful in the first place.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
I've talked to a girl at the skatepark who loved her pants.

Reported
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I've talked to a girl at the skatepark who loved her pants.
[close]

Reported
Horny jail or probation your honor?

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2021, 10:35:58 AM »
She's just trying the same shit that made a name for Vetements. But she's doing it in an even lamer way.

Please dont compare a collective of fashion designers with experience at almost every major fashion house house pre 2014 to whatever the fuck pajammyskate thinks these are.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2021, 10:45:04 AM »
I don't know who these people are, and I'm ok with that.

I work in textiles, and at $1400 I could take my hourly freelance rate for 17 hours for a project that I could probably whip out in less than 6... as a small factory run I could probably get these at sub $50 prior to markup.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2021, 11:44:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

it kills it with any kids/ normal adults. Those are the two main customers with skateboarding.

I saw a comment on an older post of hers of a 13 year old girl saying “my dad said i could buy some, which size should i get?”

How can you knowingly do that to kids. sometimes I think the fame gets to people and what made their brand successful in the first place.

Someone should run her design and call them skatemom pants and charge appropriately…I don’t get my sewing machine til January otherwise I’d be all over it
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
Wait, this isn't a joke or publicity stunt? The whole thing looks like a joke... free shipping at $2000?

It's a bummer for sure, I was actually gonna buy a pair at the $100 mark. I really wanted to support someone making fun swooshy pants for skating at a small scale. If this is real, obviously not anymore!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Someone should run her design and call them skatemom pants and charge appropriately…I don’t get my sewing machine til January otherwise I’d be all over it

Tony pantalones is happening?!?!

Do it!

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2021, 12:24:27 PM »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2021, 12:26:51 PM »

Do it!
Alright, then Tony, my mate… You’ve got 1 month until your rig arrives. That’s roughly 4 weeks to get your new brand/company, Skateboard Mother, (whose logo is a big juicy peach, with back-pockets on each side of the cleft) up and running.
Chop-chop, opportunity is a’knocking.
Sign me up for the 1st pair, while you’re at it.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2021, 12:28:58 PM »
so when or how do we find out if any of them got sold?

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2021, 12:56:20 PM »
It’s crazy like
The Man From The Place Of Clay

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

Do it!
[close]
Alright, then Tony, my mate… You’ve got 1 month until your rig arrives. That’s roughly 4 weeks to get your new brand/company, Skateboard Mother, (whose logo is a big juicy peach, with back-pockets on each side of the cleft) up and running.

Haha you guys will be the first to know, I’m gonna make “boogie board pants” too
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My wife bought some of the pants and shorts when they first released because she couldn't find any that fit her well. I showed her this last night and she said she'll never buy another pair and will actively  discourage people from supporting this money grubbing bullshit.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2021, 01:21:29 PM »
skatemom pants by tony for 14 bucks. do it

conqueso

« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2021, 04:33:54 PM »
just imagine calling yourself "skate pussy"

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2021, 04:39:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
?

Expand Quote

Do it!
[close]
What calendar y’all running?

veritas

« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2021, 04:42:19 PM »
just imagine calling yourself "skate pussy"

Waiting for the collabo with skate boner and skate anus