Poll

Who did/will you vote for?

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Neither

Author Topic: Biden vs Trump  (Read 32177 times)

Telly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Biden vs Trump
« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
Expand Quote
On covid I'm sort of 50/50 on whether Biden is a good fit for the job, or if it would've been safer just to ride it out with Trump.
[close]

Please elaborate...

Or don’t.  Logic 2020

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #541 on: November 09, 2020, 04:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On covid I'm sort of 50/50 on whether Biden is a good fit for the job, or if it would've been safer just to ride it out with Trump.
[close]

Please elaborate...
[close]

Yea, nah.

In what possible way would trupm be better? Guy doesn’t believe facts presented to him and thinks he’s smarter than every scientist and doctor. He’s a deluded megalomaniac.

Idk I just think that the people who are pro-restrictions will do it anyways, while people who are anti-restrictions might listen to trump, but will protest if the same thing comes from Biden. Last thing you want is a bunch of rednecks protesting against the government especially with a guy like Trump being their leader.

The tone coming from the white house will obviously change for the better, but I don't think there's much you can do about the numbers at this point

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
I see the troll that lobbed an insult at me about my possible age (no surprise, he couldn’t manage to capitalize or punctuate a five word sentence) who I responded to in a polite and thought out manner has disappeared in this thread. I appreciate this thread, let’s please keep it as civil as possible folks. Like I had mentioned, I consider myself as down the middle as one can possibly be. I have conservative values despite being raised in one of the  most liberal states. Shocker right? Actually pro less government in general. More Libertarian in beliefs and ideals. The thing is that Trump was tearing this nation apart IMO. Is Biden the answer? Hardly. What this nation needed though was a change of administration. A shake up. The political, racial and social divide was growing. We need to fight things like Covid UNITED and any less friction could only be a plus moving forward.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2020, 05:06:53 PM »
For the record, thank you to everyone who has responded in this thread with respect, dignity and genuine insight to their political views and beliefs and respect for others as well. Beautiful and great things can happen when people communicate with each other with appreciation for others freedom of thought and speech.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
I'm sure someone has said it beforehand and in fact they have but I'm lazy to quote them so I'll have go for me own beliefs more particularly with Biden/Trump no versus as that's no comparison....   Trump is a megalomaniac shitty 80's villain you see in a John Carpenter film.... Essentially he is the FloriduhMan the shittiest superhero no one asked for and needed and Biden is like a very mild mannered Alfred or Bruce Wayne...

Okay I know poor frame of reference I know it seems like I'm just babbling on whatever. When voting this year I did my research and yeah he sucks too with some of his older racist incarceration policies. I'd rather have a career politician that can play both sides of the two party system and deal with the usual way things were fucked up before Trump... anyone remember those days? Yeah they weren't the greatest but we didn't have hate groups sprouting up everywhere because of a walking talking embodiment of a diabetes infomercial.

So do I think Biden will do a good job? maybe possibly idk and I hope he does if not raise ourselves from this racist drivel Trumps kooky ass brought the American populous to a joke a laughing stock a punchline to the rest of the world. 

Our planet is suffering in many many ways I believe someone was saying about being a land surveyor for alternative energy which is great and I think solar energy is rad along with wind energy it's too bad some dipshits place them in terrible spots and causes death to some species or kills certain birds and other animals.

I don't know about you guys I miss the cold and seasons where it wasn't nuclear hot outside especially in the shade...... We're a plague (humanity) no doubt about it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 06:06:12 PM by El Fapinator »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2020, 06:00:15 PM »
Hevonen, I worry about that too, USA is such a big country, it appears lockdown is the only thing that works but only small island countries have managed this, I don’t see it as viable in the larger countries
Hopefully cure soon im frothing to go on a holiday again

I agree that Biden is definitely the lesser of two evils sometimes trump comes across as that shithead boss we’ve all worked for
‘don’t tell me fucken stories just make it work’
Sometimes you can’t
listen to cosmic psychos

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2020, 06:10:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
only in a country that has reached a point of TERMINAL decline could a cursed fuck like Trump even get into office in the first place, and only in this same fucked country could people be dancing in the streets over a virulently racist and classist fuck like Biden becoming president next.

amongst myriad other reasons, fuck Trump to hell for not denouncing white nationalists and the like, and fuck Biden to hell for this fucking toxic shit, which is just as bad if not worse than anything Trump has said, especially this is all in the name of changing laws:

this is one of the worst speeches a politician has ever given, and people are dancing in the streets because this is the "anyone but Trump" choice? it does not get worse than what Biden says in that speech--criminals are inherently "bad people" who get what they deserve when they are killed or put in jail, and that's it for them--criminals' backgrounds don't matter, poverty does not matter, drug addiction does not matter, homelessness does not matter, they deserve whatever they get, etc.

i'm fucking excited that Trump is on his way out, but fuck Biden, and he needs to be watched just as vigilantly...one man's opinion...
[close]

You had to go back decades to find a time when Biden said something disagreeable, think the guy might have possibly changed (and the world has changed a lot, attitudes have changed)? Trump has been saying and doing despicable things constantly, right up until today. No comparison. Trump is the guy who kept insisting that the Central park 5 were guilty long after their innocence had been proven beyond a doubt, for example.

Edit: Should clarify that in no way means I'm a big Biden guy - just soooooo glad Trump is out. Sucks all you guys got was Biden, but he ain't Trump.
[close]

wrong kiddo, i'm almost 50 and was sickened and angered by this unforgettable racist and classist shit back when he said it and correspondingly when that cunt Hilary Clinton was carrying on about "super predators." i've never forgotten and fuck all of you hypocrites talking about how he's "changed"--even if his PR people are spinning him in a different way now, nothing will fix all of the lives that were destroyed because of this fuck's views and actions...he is one of the architects behind "mass incarceration" in the US, no matter how he's portrayed himself and who he has ran with in this election...
[close]

You know, a big part of progress is being able to have an adult discussion without stooping to insults or flipping out on people who you are talking with. If your go-to response is to call people fucking hypocrites etc, you’re not mature enough for the discussion to begin with.
People change. Lots of people regret decisions they’ve made in the past and work hard to do better. But you’re probably right, the guy with a black female VP who was himself VP for a black president is totally a racist. No way he changed over 30 years. Makes sense.  ;D

i HaVe BLaCk fRiEnDs s0 I cAnT bE rAcIsT, and dude you know for a fact you wouldnt give that "people change" pass to a republican lol get real

JB77

If you voted for Trump...
« Reply #547 on: November 10, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »
...why? 

Not trying to start static, just genuinely trying to understand your viewpoint.  I believe these kinds of conversations will help our country move forward.

I can kind of understand why people voted for him four years ago, I guess.  He was more of an unknown quantity back then and represented a chance to shake things up. 

But, you just lived through the last four years like the rest of us and thought, “yeah, gimme more of that!”

So, what motivated you to vote in favor of Trump being re-elected? 

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
Re: If you voted for Trump...
« Reply #548 on: November 10, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #549 on: November 10, 2020, 08:08:59 PM »
Damn, I really wanted to move back to Los Angeles ...

...things are looking pretty third world at this point.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #550 on: November 11, 2020, 12:47:59 AM »
biden looks like salman agar if you look at him from certain angles (ones only a true artist could spot)
i care

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #551 on: November 11, 2020, 05:01:32 AM »
i HaVe BLaCk fRiEnDs s0 I cAnT bE rAcIsT, and dude you know for a fact you wouldnt give that "people change" pass to a republican lol get real

Yeah because the fact that they're still a republican demonstrates that they haven't changed
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #552 on: November 11, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »
Even funnier is they are migrating to a fake facebook where they can all froth at the mouth in a safe space without any liberal buzzkill.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2546
« Reply #553 on: November 11, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
Even funnier is they are migrating to a fake facebook where they can all froth at the mouth in a safe space without any liberal buzzkill.

As in...they're creating a media bubble/echo chamber? I'm shocked...it's almost like it was all projection...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #554 on: November 11, 2020, 09:52:43 AM »
Places like Parler are just making the FBI's job easier when one of those weirdos goes and commits a domestic terror attack.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #555 on: November 11, 2020, 10:40:34 AM »
Places like Parler are just making the FBI's job easier when one of those weirdos goes and commits a domestic terror attack.
Also, HR departments should get in there. There are lots of people looking for work who aren't closeted white supremacist terrorists that will be more than happy to take that racist pos in your workplace's spot.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1404
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #556 on: November 11, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Also, HR departments should get in there. There are lots of people looking for work who aren't closeted white supremacist terrorists that will be more than happy to take that racist pos in your workplace's spot.

that's where the dox comes in. anti fascist peoples organizations need all the help they can
these folks [url]https://itsgoingdown.org/this-week-in-fascism-82//url] post up some info. It's fucked when you see someone you know...
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #557 on: November 13, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »
I am certainly not hoping for this outcome, and I am not here to stir anything up, but I still think Trump is going to win the presidency for 4 more years. Idk why, I just feel it. I guess we will see. Something just seems off right now
Proverbs 27:17

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #558 on: November 13, 2020, 09:31:53 AM »
How do you think that would happen? It's not like the 2000 election where there was a small difference in one state to account for. Trump would have to win suits and/or have recounts in his favor in multiple states.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #559 on: November 13, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
How do you think that would happen? It's not like the 2000 election where there was a small difference in one state to account for. Trump would have to win suits and/or have recounts in his favor in multiple states.

So far that hasn't been happening either. Pretty sure Biden just re-won Arizona.

It's all a show. He's built his image on stubbornness, always getting his way, never accepting "no." So of course he's going to cling onto it until the bitter end, because he needs to maintain his image. It's appealing to certain personalities. When he concedes, it won't be smooth or tactful, it'll probably be full of vitriol and resentment and paranoia, but that's what he feels he needs. He was never the type to exude class or humility.

But that kind of stubbornness can have an effect on people, where they start to believe in him regardless of reality. It can eventually make people second-guess themselves. It's also part of a plot for what could be a coup d'etat that he's planning.

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #560 on: November 13, 2020, 10:07:34 AM »
I hear all of that. And I am certainly not rallying for him, or it's not because of his stubbornness that makes me believe, It's just an odd feeling I have. I may be completely wrong, because feelings can be deceiving of course, I just still don't believe Biden will be the president, until He is sworn in on January 20th.
Proverbs 27:17

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #561 on: November 13, 2020, 11:46:22 AM »
Trump has little chance of holding on to his position through his bullshit lawsuits. They are nothing more than political theatre (that will harm our democracy for decades). Even his lawyers are backing out of the suits because they know they're bullshit.

The scary part of this is how the Republicans fell in line behind his garbage and how even on his way out Trump divides America just a little more.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/law-firm-drops-trump-campaign-436418
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/trumps-lawsuits-are-politics-disguised-legal-strategy/617022/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/06/donald-trump-us-election-lawsuits

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #562 on: November 13, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »
They know he is hardly on his way out. One of the trumps is definitely running in 2024.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2546
« Reply #563 on: November 13, 2020, 01:22:47 PM »
They know he is hardly on his way out. One of the trumps is definitely running in 2024.

Don Jr seems to be the most outspoken of the three. Maybe if he'll win his dad will hug him.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #564 on: November 13, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »
Aside from riling up his base (which is working... in my neighborhood, the few houses with trump flags all came down on election day and now they're slowly coming back up), he's also grifting them:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-fundraising-insigh/donations-under-8k-to-trump-election-defense-instead-go-to-president-rnc-idUSKBN27R309

These are the same rubes that are defending Steve Bannon after he stole their money for the 'border wall' and bought himself a yacht, so I guess the jokes on them.

There is zero chance he will be President, but he's fucked up this country for a long time.  I hope he dies very soon and very slowly.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #565 on: November 13, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »
i watched this so much during the trump presidency.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #566 on: November 13, 2020, 03:45:09 PM »
Trump has little chance of holding on to his position through his bullshit lawsuits. They are nothing more than political theatre (that will harm our democracy for decades). Even his lawyers are backing out of the suits because they know they're bullshit.

The scary part of this is how the Republicans fell in line behind his garbage and how even on his way out Trump divides America just a little more.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/law-firm-drops-trump-campaign-436418
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/trumps-lawsuits-are-politics-disguised-legal-strategy/617022/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/06/donald-trump-us-election-lawsuits

I got family commenting on elected officials facebooks (like they will actually ever see it) talking about the obvious voter fraud. It seems like they have absolute faith trump still has a chance. Same people arguing that wearing a mask does nothing to stop the spread of Covid. These people are so willing to die on this hill.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #567 on: November 13, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don Jr seems to be the most outspoken of the three. Maybe if he'll win his dad will hug him.

I learned today that Kimberly Guilfoyle, whatever you want to call it, was once a prosecutor for both the LA and SF district attorneys and married to CA governor Gavin Newsom. She's abhorrent but far from stupid as the liberal establishment paints her to be. Her intensity, experience, public speaking abilities and being considered a conventionally attractive woman makes her fucking dangerous. It began with Sarah Palin- the intense, moderately conventionally attractive bitchy woman who speaks her mind- it's happening all over America. Women want to be them, men want to fuck them/be dominated by them. Real bad news imo

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #568 on: November 13, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I learned today that Kimberly Guilfoyle, whatever you want to call it, was once a prosecutor for both the LA and SF district attorneys and married to CA governor Gavin Newsom. She's abhorrent but far from stupid as the liberal establishment paints her to be. Her intensity, experience, public speaking abilities and being considered a conventionally attractive woman makes her fucking dangerous. It began with Sarah Palin- the intense, moderately conventionally attractive bitchy woman who speaks her mind- it's happening all over America. Women want to be them, men want to fuck them/be dominated by them. Real bad news imo

Look into her release from Fox News.  Sexual harasser and rapist enabler.  She’s too compromised to be the face of a campaign

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: November 13, 2020, 07:08:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Look into her release from Fox News.  Sexual harasser and rapist enabler.  She’s too compromised to be the face of a campaign

said that about trump too, homie.