Author Topic: Strobeck and The shirts off thing  (Read 6948 times)

ElonMuskaBeats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Strobeck and The shirts off thing
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2024, 02:59:34 PM »

Mall grab sells it. Also, there’s a ton of kids in that movie without shirts. Might be a fat bill favorite.

Ninj2

• Rep: -94
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2024, 03:05:33 PM »
Bill and Nico the duffer need to meet.

BigBrotherissue01

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2024, 03:11:47 PM »
I think with Larry Clark its less about his desire for teens and more about him wanting to be a teen. He explains this a bit here: https://flash---art.com/article/mike-kelley-2/

MK: A lot of people see your work as homoerotic, especially the more recent work like the collages and the large-scale sequential photos of teenage boys. There are certain gay artists showing now whose work on the surface recalls yours.

LC: They just can’t get past the fact that it’s teenage boys. Someone I know once showed Allen Ginsberg Teenage Lust. Allen looked at the pictures and asked, “Is he gay?” and my friend said, “No”; Allen said, “Wanna bet?” There is that aspect, if you have fifteen-year-old kids in your pictures with hard-ons, people are going to think that. But what can I do about that? My wish would be to go back and be that age and be one of those normal kids.

Buttworm

• Rep: 36
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2024, 03:28:47 PM »

insouciant

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2024, 03:36:41 PM »
Buncha confused puritanical sissies… in my day sex was healthy and cool, sleeze was progressive and revolutionary because it felt good and made reactionaries squirm. Pedophilia is one thing but harmless homoeroticism (not to mention just plain old body-positivity) is quite another. Hourly moral panics on a skate forum is a very bad cultural omen… we’re doomed (at least until gen-A deconstructs ‘woke’ and swings the pendulum back again) this place is culturally regressive, turn on, tune in, drop out… or cancel and be canceled until you’re in diapers, your choice.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2024, 04:19:32 PM »
Buncha confused puritanical sissies… in my day sex was healthy and cool, sleeze was progressive and revolutionary because it felt good and made reactionaries squirm. Pedophilia is one thing but harmless homoeroticism (not to mention just plain old body-positivity) is quite another. Hourly moral panics on a skate forum is a very bad cultural omen… we’re doomed (at least until gen-A deconstructs ‘woke’ and swings the pendulum back again) this place is culturally regressive, turn on, tune in, drop out… or cancel and be canceled until you’re in diapers, your choice.

Shit, I wish any of the projectors I’ve borrowed for video premieres projected as well as you are.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2024, 07:37:18 PM »

Ghost Face

• Rep: 111
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2024, 11:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I look good without a shirt but skating without a shirt is cornball.

love strobeck and he can do no wrong though
[close]

Filmed this way purely for the photo contingency and not your viewing pleasure.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2024, 12:03:11 AM »

It’s especially odd to me especially because there’s plenty of footage of pros signing women’s breasts, women flashing in tour videos, pros talking about hooking up with women at demos and nobody questions their age or the intentions of the brand/filmer/pro etc.

Selective outrage. Not the biggest bill fan but I’ve always thought he caught an unnecessary amount of shit. It’s weird to see people think filming a shirtless skater is bordering pedophilia but feeding alcohol and drugs to minors in the good ole days is fine.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2024, 12:17:02 AM »
If your videographer is 40+, keep your shirt on and don't do drugs.

or not

Who cares?! Get out there and sling the Toy x Supreme drop, that's the important part!!

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2024, 12:32:33 AM »

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2024, 04:37:27 AM »
has Tyshawn ever had to redo something cause a racist said he didnt clear the table because of how fat bill filmed the trick?  didnt think so

dropintopileout

• Rep: -39
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2024, 04:51:26 AM »
Damn I’m gay and I don’t see strobeck videos as being homo erotic or at all sexual (except in the vaguest sense that anything can be viewed as sexual depending on the observer). It’s strange to me that so many straight guys see a dude with his shirt off and go into hysteria because I don’t know any homos who feel this way about his edits it’s literally only straight dudes that freak out about it/even see it as anything sexual.

It’s especially odd to me especially because there’s plenty of footage of pros signing women’s breasts, women flashing in tour videos, pros talking about hooking up with women at demos and nobody questions their age or the intentions of the brand/filmer/pro etc.

Not saying it’s impossible that you’re all right about strobeck. If that’s the case that’s awful. I can’t help but think these comments say much more about the lens of the person making the comment more than they do the intentions of strobeck.

I do wish he’d zoom out a bit. He films some amazing skating and sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s going on

You're conveniently missing the point here. It's not about being homo erotic. No one would give a fuck if there was an edit with grown ass men with their shirts off, but in William's edits their fucking kids. Baby faced teens. So It's not a gay thing its a pedo thing.

The next part you're missing is that the shirt off minor is seen in a large majority of his edits. If some brand or filmer had tit signings or some other overt display of sexuality in every single edit they put out I have a strong feeling they'd be criticized the same.

So rather than try and make this about you, you should look at it objectively for what it is. I aint saying it's a fact but it aint normal to be 40 years old and have so much recorded video of kids under 18 without their shirts on, doing drugs, drinking. We all fucking roasted Mikey Taylor for smoking weed with children but Strobeck gets a pass cause he's "artsy" or some bullshit? give me a break.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -303
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2024, 06:54:15 AM »

Fuckin LOL

Absolutely S-tier Slapping here Pal.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2024, 07:07:26 AM »
I think with Larry Clark its less about his desire for teens and more about him wanting to be a teen. He explains this a bit here: https://flash---art.com/article/mike-kelley-2/

MK: A lot of people see your work as homoerotic, especially the more recent work like the collages and the large-scale sequential photos of teenage boys. There are certain gay artists showing now whose work on the surface recalls yours.

LC: They just can’t get past the fact that it’s teenage boys. Someone I know once showed Allen Ginsberg Teenage Lust. Allen looked at the pictures and asked, “Is he gay?” and my friend said, “No”; Allen said, “Wanna bet?” There is that aspect, if you have fifteen-year-old kids in your pictures with hard-ons, people are going to think that. But what can I do about that? My wish would be to go back and be that age and be one of those normal kids.

Jeez I can't imagine why people would question someone taking pictures of underage men with hard ons. Also I don't know about anyone else, but none of my "normal kid" friends were going around taking photos of each other with boners
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2024, 07:42:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What
name checks out

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2024, 08:30:25 AM »

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2024, 11:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

not a strobeck hater - some stuff was done nice... but given all this Kader and Tyshawn footage to him
was a huge waste of talent. imagine some properly filming, editing and may some motivating / guidance to make the extra effort.
For all this fancy lifestyle shoots you dont need to film the most talented feets in skateboarding

Yes. Strobek gets to film some of the most talented feats in skateboarding, but ends up filming feets instead.

"He's [a skateboarding star], and he's [talented]. Feel these [talented] feets." - Gregory

Just amazing. I love that he's mall-grabbing.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2024, 12:08:32 PM »
Theres a meme goin on about this.
Whats up with that besides de obvious?

Fuck Strokeback, all my homies hate Strokeback.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2024, 12:21:32 PM »

insouciant

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2024, 02:11:55 PM »
Pedo-conspiratorial hysteria is just more scatalogical residue of twisted, paranoid right-wing demonology… Satanic cabals, human sacrifice, child sex trafficking, ritual murder, cannibalism, sinister amoral behavior, obscene plots, corruption and immorality practiced by demonic liberal elites, decadent artists, immoral libertines, aging skate filmers, punkers, rappers, radicals and revolutionaries, commies, homos, weirdos, immigrants, enemies of the state, etc… just more evidence of the rot growing in the American social structure… blah, blah, c’mon boys, how long u gonna fall for this puritanical reactionary QAnon bullshit, it’s a dumbing-down, a means of control i tell ya.

Obviously there are red lines, pedophiles really exist but measured judgement and critical thinking are skills worth developing. Pluralism, nonconformity and novel unfamiliar difference (like cross-generational friendships, confusing gender norms, topless male teenagers oh my!) free expression, free thinking, free speech and uncensored art are incredible cultural achievements, things worth preserving and fighting for, especially when some of it makes us uncomfortable. This is the price and promise of freedom.

Teenage aesthetics can be beautiful, poetic, sublime and worthy of artistic attention (just like any other aspect of human life) and can easily be revelatory and sincerely non-exploitative, ie necessary but not sufficient for pedophilia. Let’s stop the slippery slide into paranoia, anti-naturalism, censorship and totalitarianism. A healthy society is an open society, progress demands freedom, moral courage, experimentation, risk-taking, radical openness and tolerance, uncomfortable feelings/ideas, challenges to social norms and historical/cultural assumptions, etc… without the constant threat of cancellation, social shame (and/or violence).

it’s sad, the vibe around here nowadays reminds me of high school, only a very limited group of acceptable ideas/attitudes are tolerated by the socially dominant alphas (primitive bullies) who enforce strict conformity to the sacred slap shibboleths. This is pernicious, regressive conservatism by any definition.

dropintopileout

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2024, 02:29:24 PM »
Pedo-conspiratorial hysteria is just more scatalogical residue of twisted, paranoid right-wing demonology… Satanic cabals, human sacrifice, child sex trafficking, ritual murder, cannibalism, sinister amoral behavior, obscene plots, corruption and immorality practiced by demonic liberal elites, decadent artists, immoral libertines, aging skate filmers, punkers, rappers, radicals and revolutionaries, commies, homos, weirdos, immigrants, enemies of the state, etc… just more evidence of the rot growing in the American social structure… blah, blah, c’mon boys, how long u gonna fall for this puritanical reactionary QAnon bullshit, it’s a dumbing-down, a means of control i tell ya.

Obviously there are red lines, pedophiles really exist but measured judgement and critical thinking are skills worth developing. Pluralism, nonconformity and novel unfamiliar difference (like cross-generational friendships, confusing gender norms, topless male teenagers oh my!) free expression, free thinking, free speech and uncensored art are incredible cultural achievements, things worth preserving and fighting for, especially when some of it makes us uncomfortable. This is the price and promise of freedom.

Teenage aesthetics can be beautiful, poetic, sublime and worthy of artistic attention (just like any other aspect of human life) and can easily be revelatory and sincerely non-exploitative, ie necessary but not sufficient for pedophilia. Let’s stop the slippery slide into paranoia, anti-naturalism, censorship and totalitarianism. A healthy society is an open society, progress demands freedom, moral courage, experimentation, risk-taking, radical openness and tolerance, uncomfortable feelings/ideas, challenges to social norms and historical/cultural assumptions, etc… without the constant threat of cancellation, social shame (and/or violence).

it’s sad, the vibe around here nowadays reminds me of high school, only a very limited group of acceptable ideas/attitudes are tolerated by the socially dominant alphas (primitive bullies) who enforce strict conformity to the sacred slap shibboleths. This is pernicious, regressive conservatism by any definition.

Barf. Fucking sick pseudo intellectual bullshit there bud. Get off you pretentious art major high horse.

The irony of your labeling is that you sound like a numb nuts that is totally brain washed by the opposite side of the spectrum, to just let every fucking thing fly.

There's teen art and expression sure, and guess what asshole? If it was a teenager making the art no one would bat an eye. But it's not is it. Its a guy that's in his 40s in a place of power with mad photos and videos of youngins topless(in his apartment as well no less). Again i aint saying its a fact hes on some pedo shit, but for it to be out of this world to suggest something suspect is going on then you're living in a fantasy land of daisies and roses where nothing bad ever happens and we all have to be super supportive of everything we do. You clearly havn't read the diddy files my g

You're a cornball for real. You quote Leary's turn on, tune and drop out(again mad corny like a sorority sister Instagram bio) which is again super ironic cause you seem pretty fucking turned off and tuned out.

KrisJolson

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2024, 02:30:29 PM »

did uncle strobe take photos of you?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2024, 03:09:21 PM »

Been a while since I've gotten to say this *ahem*... focus.

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 13
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2024, 03:17:25 PM »

sus

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2024, 03:24:51 PM »

You sound like a paranoid right-winger in this rant lol

insouciant

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2024, 04:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Barf. Fucking sick pseudo intellectual bullshit there bud. Get off you pretentious art major high horse.

The irony of your labeling is that you sound like a numb nuts that is totally brain washed by the opposite side of the spectrum, to just let every fucking thing fly.

There's teen art and expression sure, and guess what asshole? If it was a teenager making the art no one would bat an eye. But it's not is it. Its a guy that's in his 40s in a place of power with mad photos and videos of youngins topless(in his apartment as well no less). Again i aint saying its a fact hes on some pedo shit, but for it to be out of this world to suggest something suspect is going on then you're living in a fantasy land of daisies and roses where nothing bad ever happens and we all have to be super supportive of everything we do. You clearly havn't read the diddy files my g

You're a cornball for real. You quote Leary's turn on, tune and drop out(again mad corny like a sorority sister Instagram bio) which is again super ironic cause you seem pretty fucking turned off and tuned out.

Got it, only art of teens for teens by teens. Categorical purity rules for art-making lol good luck with that, sounds to me like the slippery slope to authoritarianism. But I’ll def make sure any art I make or consume going forward was made by the right representative of the right identity group of the right age and gender and the best intentions so as to not to raise any suspicions with the authorities (or clowns like you).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 04:44:17 PM by insouciant »

dropintopileout

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2024, 05:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Got it, only art of teens for teens by teens. Categorical purity rules for art-making lol good luck with that, sounds to me like the slippery slope to authoritarianism. But I’ll def make sure any art I make or consume going forward was made by the right representative of the right identity group of the right age and gender and the best intentions so as to not to raise any suspicions with the authorities (or clowns like you).

I forgot you're legit sean pablo. Nice trying to make it seem like you're from some by gone era of counter culture or whatever.

When did anyone one ever once say he should be restricted from making his shitty " art". Never. When did anyone say only specific groups can make specific things? never. Why are you inflating the issue talking about authoritarianism? Make all the lame ass edits he wants with all the hottest underage boys, girls and they thems around. But don't be mad when people speak their mind and call it whack and suspect.

You're just mad people think edge lord is fucking corny as shit and want it to die.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2024, 05:52:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Theres a meme goin on about this.
Whats up with that besides de obvious?
[close]

Fuck Strokeback, all my homies hate Strokeback.

Since he's posing in this photo as Tom of Finland/Cruising/Leather Stud, would this be considered Gayface?
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2024, 06:13:43 PM »

Ah, yes… I too wistfully long for Berlin of the 1920s.
Bless you, fellow free spirit.
But for real? We’re not green lighting exploitation of minors in the name of liberty anymore than we’re giving the go to burning down houses of worship. Liberty needn’t be stretched to its furthest extreme just to prove its worth/merit.
Example: I’m all about freedom of expression, speech, political views, etc, but if a group of white nationalists decides to parade down my street, I’m going to be there with rocks, exercising MY freedom of speech & then what?!?
It’s cool for Bill’s skate videos to feature young shirtless boys, but it would be even cooler if he’d feature a well filmed trick or line as often as he hyper-zooms in on some teenage boy’s mouth.
I mean, that guy gonna skate with his lips, or…?  Why we seeing that?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?