Author Topic: Duane Peters Of Brand-X  (Read 14557 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
Re: Duane Peters Of Brand-X
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2023, 07:14:16 AM »
What happens to mentally ill people in the USA? Are they offered treatment, or do they end up homeless, on the streets, as they can't fit into society?

It often depends on whether or not they have family and if their family has the money or resources to get them help. I think around 30% of our massive homeless population is mentally ill, and of course, if you were abandoned by society and forced to live on the streets enduring constant threats of violence and harassment, you would probably go crazy, too. It varies a bit by state, but generally treatment of any kind (medical, drug, mental health) is almost entirely non-existent for those who cannot pay for it.

I don't know how Duane's getting by, but my guess is that he's got decent enough income through his weird little niches to keep a roof over his head and probably little else.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2023, 07:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
What happens to mentally ill people in the USA? Are they offered treatment, or do they end up homeless, on the streets, as they can't fit into society?
[close]

It often depends on whether or not they have family and if their family has the money or resources to get them help. I think around 30% of our massive homeless population is mentally ill, and of course, if you were abandoned by society and forced to live on the streets enduring constant threats of violence and harassment, you would probably go crazy, too. It varies a bit by state, but generally treatment of any kind (medical, drug, mental health) is almost entirely non-existent for those who cannot pay for it.

I don't know how Duane's getting by, but my guess is that he's got decent enough income through his weird little niches to keep a roof over his head and probably little else.

Well, a quick glance at his Instagram account suggests he selling boards for some income. You could purchase a piece of skateboarding history for $500, a board Duane HIMSELF skated after a 6 year injury! All proceeds go to "keep demon robots out of skateboarding."

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2023, 07:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He recently sold his car, a 60's Plymouth Barracuda, so that's brought in around $20,000. Maybe he's spending the cash on drugs, but what drugs make you turn completely irrational the way he is?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2023, 07:40:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He recently sold his car, a 60's Plymouth Barracuda, so that's brought in around $20,000. Maybe he's spending the cash on drugs, but what drugs make you turn completely irrational the way he is?

I have no idea, but certainly mixing drugs and drinking with decades of brain injuries and the trauma of losing your child isn't a recipe for success.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2023, 07:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

CTE + underlying mental illness + death of a child + meth abuse at some point?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -769
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2023, 11:21:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Eh... All of them
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Schneaumunn

• Rep: 19
  • Stop needlin’ me you prick!
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2023, 07:57:58 PM »
I could see him on Toxic.

(I’ll see myself out)
The look and feel of hand tooled leather

Samson Simpson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2023, 09:29:35 PM »
I could see him on Toxic.

(I’ll see myself out)

I was thinking King

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 60
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2023, 04:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He also has what I hope is a diminishing gaggle of adulating dumb shits who applaud his incoherent rantings as "telling it like it is." These are grown men who should know better, but there is a long history of confusing "punk rock" with "stunted" I guess. The guy needs help. His girlfriend had stepped in during his last foray into the crazy bushes when he started posting all the black helicopters and shape shifting people conspiracy bullshit on his shop's page. Her reasoning was somewhere along the lines of Duane can say what he thinks, but since she has a financial stake in the shop, their Insta page wasn't the place for it.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2023, 05:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, a quick glance at his Instagram account suggests he selling boards for some income. You could purchase a piece of skateboarding history for $500, a board Duane HIMSELF skated after a 6 year injury! All proceeds go to "keep demon robots out of skateboarding."

the man is a true salesman. he’s now selling his brand-x model for $500 because it isn’t being made again.

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 60
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2023, 06:20:50 PM »
It's difficult to estimate what rock bottom would be for this dude, but this is far and away the most depressing post I've seen from him:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwRR9jHB7xA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

His son posting in the comments asking him to take it down breaks my heart. I know people dunk on him for being a right wing conspiracy theorist who can't stop burning his bridges, but being zorched by a combination of CTE, trauma from losing his first son, and decades of substance abuse is an incredibly sad way to decimate one's legacy.

Seemed like in the past few months that he may have been getting some help, but this is his cycle, it seems.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2023, 06:31:55 PM »
It's difficult to estimate what rock bottom would be for this dude, but this is far and away the most depressing post I've seen from him:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwRR9jHB7xA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

His son posting in the comments asking him to take it down breaks my heart. I know people dunk on him for being a right wing conspiracy theorist who can't stop burning his bridges, but being zorched by a combination of CTE, trauma from losing his first son, and decades of substance abuse is an incredibly sad way to decimate one's legacy.

Seemed like in the past few months that he may have been getting some help, but this is his cycle, it seems.

YIKES. Hope the man gets the help he so obviously needs.

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 330
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2023, 07:27:55 PM »
fuck that guy

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2023, 08:50:38 PM »
DP was recently evicted and is now living on the road, so his shop must have also doubled as a house. He talks about his love for skateboarding and being a victim of the industry, etc. on his youtube page. Despite CTE/drugs/mental illness, he's still sane enough to try to manipulate people into giving him money

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2023, 09:19:32 PM »
The internet certainly has done no favours to the mentally ill. Fifteen years ago this sort of thing would have remained confined to the dive bar counter where it belongs.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2023, 09:51:50 PM »
good riddance, lol once grosso said duane was cooked then I really knew dude was cooked

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2023, 03:45:29 AM »

Dude dunked on himself and broke the backboard with this one

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2023, 08:07:33 PM »
who cares

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
ableSkateMag.com

firexneck

• Rep: 0
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2023, 10:56:03 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxwGivIPdQu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

DP claims we can talk about because you know why ... someone fill me in. What the hell is he talking about?

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2023, 04:35:00 AM »
Maybe Tim Pool will cover this travesty on his podcast?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3364
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2023, 06:59:49 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxwGivIPdQu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

DP claims we can talk about because you know why ... someone fill me in. What the hell is he talking about?

Attempting to explain what DP means, ever, is an exercise in futility.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 269
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2023, 07:31:54 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

douchenozzle

• Rep: 31
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2023, 07:50:20 AM »
I wonder what Duane thinks of this? Goes off to Instagram to find out. Oh dear...

"LET$$ Tik TOC A-BOOT @brandxskateboards brandxtoxic TOXIC HEXX CIA CLOWNS OF D.C. - HEY AIM’Me & PA’TRickkk ! THIS IS GROUNDS FOR #murder and or another nutter #jailsetup by #clownsofamerica #again and ….. how many ( can anybody see what has polluted not only the world - goons that prey on our kids to give skullcandy shit pop sticks to #holloweenie #maggot #style #vulturespicnic - SINCE YER HAUL GUILTY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO KILL ME ( Eye thank the lord jesus christ every fucking day here in mini hell ) WAIT TILL YOU NON STYLE DEMONS SEE WOT TEES CLOWN’PILLS ARE HAUL ABOOT ! Not #skateboardingisfun ! #destroybrandhexnow or …."
Its like if Nick Jedi dedicate his life to hating Tony Hawk instead of Kelly Slater

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2023, 08:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He also has what I hope is a diminishing gaggle of adulating dumb shits who applaud his incoherent rantings as "telling it like it is." These are grown men who should know better, but there is a long history of confusing "punk rock" with "stunted" I guess. The guy needs help. His girlfriend had stepped in during his last foray into the crazy bushes when he started posting all the black helicopters and shape shifting people conspiracy bullshit on his shop's page. Her reasoning was somewhere along the lines of Duane can say what he thinks, but since she has a financial stake in the shop, their Insta page wasn't the place for it.

You'd think after the 600th Bones Brigade Nostalgia cash grab they've endured, they'd kind of start to find other interests. Like history or woodworking.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Banned from the room

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2023, 09:18:23 AM »
That's what punks was like in the 80s more than sometimes.

Suburban Rebels.

His art is second to none tho. And the alternative (the kid) ain't much better.

Obama/antifas fault again

231st Street

• Rep: -207
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2023, 09:53:17 AM »
That's what punks was like in the 80s more than sometimes.

Suburban Rebels.

His art is second to none tho. And the alternative (the kid) ain't much better.

Obama/antifas fault again

Correct and the 90s frankly.  As someone who has been in and out of skateboarding, he seems to be in a tough situation and hopefully can get some help.  I loved the Jacks song as a kid and then didn't hear of him again much until recently.

RockstarBearingsTM

• Rep: -5
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2023, 02:42:03 PM »
Isn’t Brand X the jokers brand from the first Batman movie which was a line of everyday products that killed people?

Jebediah

• Rep: 115
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2023, 06:14:15 PM »
it's also the chemical used in the creation of the power puff girls

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2023, 09:20:41 PM »
Isn’t Brand X the jokers brand from the first Batman movie which was a line of everyday products that killed people?

Back in the 70’s and 80’s, companies would compare their products to ‘leading brands’ on TV commercials.

Because they couldn’t use the other companyies’ names, they would cover the logos and call them ‘Brand-X’.

So ‘Brand-X’ is supposed to play on the image of brandless, faceless choice.

As for Uncle Flea comparing Duane to Jason Adams, I think that’s stretching it.
Jason’s art is definitely derivative of Duane, but he has enough talent to make it his own thing. And it looks good.

Plus, he’s nowhere near the bar hit MAGA crazy Duane is, I think Jason doesn’t really fuck with that, even though he might of flirted with it.

Although I don’t know the dude personally, so I could be mistaken
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea