Author Topic: CAUGHT ON CAM: Skateboarder Violently Attacks City Park Ranger  (Read 7684 times)

Toadfish Rebecchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
Re: CAUGHT ON CAM: Skateboarder Violently Attacks City Park Ranger
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »
gross.

the one kid with the camera and filming handle or whatever that his parents bought him all laughing and filming and then that dorky white talking shit.  The whole thing is gross.  That ranger may have been a prick, who knows, but that group of teenagers is embarrassing.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »
not backing this kid, but what is this "fight ethics" bullshit? Fighting is, at its very core, completely unethical. Trying to hurt another person as much as you can with your bare hands is never a nice thing to do, and about 99.9% of fights are completely unnecessary and avoidable.

Mostly agree with that statement.  Unnecessary? Yes. Avoidable? Maybe. A lot of the time actually, but that can also be very subjective. I don't claim to be a tough guy (actually pretty mellow and non-confrontational) and even in my younger, crazier days I didn't instigate shit, preferred to try to diffuse it when it happened, but regardless I've been through my share of altercations and would say less half were completely avoidable on my end. Some were possibly avoidable, but a fair number were absolutely unavoidable (far > 0.01%). Your sentiment is spot on but some could make a solid 'sometimes necessary evil' argument.

The point I mean to stress is that although your position may be correct, I think it's an ideal stance in an often less-than-ideal world. As such, those principles might not be in line with everyone's specific environment. I don't know your background and I can spout cliches and cite examples but in-depth discussion & debate is usually negatively received on Slap forums, but that'd be an easy argument to make through logic, let alone personal experience.

People keep bringing up the ranger having his hands up but in this case but again, the ranger was about to be attacked (hate playing Cpt. Obvious but the confrontation started before the recording). If someone is overtly threatening and ready to pounce (like dread-boy) the taking a defensive stance is a perfectly understandable reaction. Fuck any of you guys who are sticking up for these kids beating a guy while laughing at him and spitting on him, just because he reacted to a threat by getting ready to deflect blows.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:40 PM »
Kicking someone in the head that didn't want to fight in the first place is some hoe shit. I'd be pissed if I was a philly local, shit like this doesn't make it any easier for the people that live and skate there. I hope someone focuses his board every time he sets up a new one for as long as he lives. I hope Dave Duncan follows him around and throws jax under his wheels. I hope his girlfriend cheats on him with a longboarder. I hope he gets griptape thumb that doesn't go away. I hope he gets stuck in an elevator with Tracer. I hope his first born is handicapped. I hope a goblin comes up and eats his ass from the toilet like on Goolies 2. I wish him a lifetime of bad haircuts and constantly spilling stuff on white shirts. This dude is bogus.

You sick fuck, he only stamped on him.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 10:10:07 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want that 1v1 with cock sucker Nick Merlino. Other than that, I don't really fight. I would have tried to step in and diffuse if I witnessed this. Maybe smack the lil fucks around a bit, ask how they like it, break Victor Charlie's HD cam, just a general lesson.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 10:45:54 PM »
This fight aint need to happen and like gipper mentioned looked very avoidable. The spitting was VERY unnecessary, the kids are dumb yea but the news has a funny way of spinning things funny ive seen it first hand. even watching the segment 35 isnt really "old" only the ranger and those kids know what happened before that video though I dont think theres really anything in the world that "city park ranger" could have said to deserve that beatdown though. Just today i had a MTA worker talk shit to me just for looking at a grate they popped up a little too long, just gotta know when to keep it moving. Anyway those kids definitely are the worst dudes out, people need to learn to leave and come back to spots. Or if your gonna fight a guard atleast be smart enough to talk enough shit to him that he becomes the aggressor.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 12:03:25 AM »
paging DGKalis

I got the page....

So yeah.. i know the whole story and the locals are pissed. Whats crazy is Penny the Sabotage filmer and the only reason why all the skate stoppers are off Love was at my house two days ago and was getting a live report on it as it was going down. lol.

And to answer your question.. yes.. the locals are super pissed.
Apparently that ranger is always a dick to the skaters.. but the locals kinda laugh about it. He's just part of the scene more or less...
Rumor is the ranger tried grabbing his boy... so dude went ape on him. Thats what i know.

My question is.. aren't Park Rangers actually feds?
Pretty lame though... its only bringing more heat to Love.

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
Expand Quote
paging DGKalis
[close]

I got the page....

So yeah.. i know the whole story and the locals are pissed. Whats crazy is Penny the Sabotage filmer and the only reason why all the skate stoppers are off Love was at my house two days ago and was getting a live report on it as it was going down. lol.

Apparently that ranger is always a dick to the skaters.. but the locals kinda laugh about it. He's just part of the scene more or less...
Rumor is the ranger tried grabbing his boy... so dude went ape on him. Thats what i know.

And lets go to Janice with the weather
Charlie don't skate

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 01:29:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
paging DGKalis
[close]

I got the page....

[close]

And lets go to Janice with the weather

Thanks Lono,

Across America today a warm mid-section is drifting Northwards and is about to meet a cold hard front resulting in freak storms and flash flooding.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:38:44 AM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 01:48:16 AM »
This is why we can't have nice things.

Every city has their notorious asshole security guard who takes his job way too seriously and acts like he has a proclamation from god to stop you from skating. Everyone laughs and deals with it, and you go home happy that you don't have his pathetic life. Granted, in my city, there was a security guard who got really roughed up because he football tackled a thirteen year old kid, knocking him unconscious... but that was due process. A 50 year old man can never violently attack a child, whether or not the kid was committing a petty misdemeanor. But if all they do is talk shit, you talk shit back, and come back another day. You don't beat him up. You're just giving more ammunition for the people against cause.

Skating LOVE will be drastically different, thanks to this one kid. The whole "we're not bad kids, we're just trying to skate" argument just went out the window. Philly skaters can expect way more tickets, and no leiniency for a little while.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:13 AM »
"It seemed like he was just in the mood to fight and nobody was gonna stop it."- lazy fuckwit who decided to film the whole thing instead of trying to stop it

But i'm actually on the rangers side, purely because those guys seem like obnoxious cunts.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 06:06:12 AM »

At Love the park rangers are from the Fairmount Park System. They are city workers. Over by Independence Hall they are US National Park Service Rangers. Those guys are Federal.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 06:54:37 AM »
respect the spot.  hope these idiots get fucked one way or the other.   

because those guys seem like obnoxious cunts.

where is home?

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »
i don know, ita look lik da police man has his dukes up an might be instigating da fisticuffs! disya is babylon written all ova it! two african breddas one wit dreads and dey portray dem as thugs! dis nah good
I an I haff nah white god

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 07:02:19 AM »
lol at the news caster "raising his hands in a defensive position"

looks like he initiated the fight, that's usually how fights start

head stomps were uncalled for though

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »
This is difficult to decipher since the clip was edited and we weren't there. I feel that these kids were condoning violence and acting tough. They are punk kids that don't realize that this could ruin their fun at LOVE and could possible jeopardize the building of a LOVE replica that is completely park ranger free. I would like to take those punks on and see what they think of me though. Kicking someone while they are down is uncalled for. Too much Mortal Kombat going on here. Tracer what is your favorite MK character?

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 07:32:57 AM »
Regardless of anything, Its a fucking park ranger, you laugh him off, skate around the block and come back. No need to go that far. Also assaulting a park ranger is like assaulting a cop. You can catch some serious heat for it.

Another thing is don't shit where you eat. Love is a iconic place, that has gone though so much shit through out the years, no reason to bring negative attention to it. I'm sure the locals will find out who these kids are and they will be never allowed near the spot.

It only takes one asshole to fuck up a whole situation for people.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 08:49:56 AM »
http://6abc.com/267458/

well this is gunna end in a plea.

anyone know if the park rangers are hired by the state or do they work for a contracting company?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote

anyone know if the park rangers are hired by the state or do they work for a contracting company?

Usually it's a state job.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »
I would kick someone in the balls if I had to. I don't give a fuck.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Usually it's a state job.

two and 1/2 years H.O.C. suspended over three years of supervised probation, graduate from court approved anger management class, stay employed or in school, report to probation weekly, 180 hours community service through probation.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »
http://6abc.com/267458/

How fucking dumb can a person be?  #seemeontv #gotawaywithit #didntactuallyconfessLOL
where is home?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
Still, fuck this dude.

Hipster Runoff

• Rep: -25
    • www.hipsterrunoff.com avatar image
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
False flag attacks occur when government engages in covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations seem as if they are being carried out by other entities.

False flag terrorism is a favorite political tactic used by governments worldwide. They influence elections, guide national and international policy, and are cynically used to formulate propaganda and shape public opinion as nations go to war. Today, it is being used as an excuse to keep skaters out of Love Park.

Take a stand.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 10:30:32 AM »
Jesus saves lives

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
All other details aside*, the sanctity of the spot has to be respected.  I'm against any excessive action that is going to make a spot a greater bust for other skateboarders.  There's a ridiculous sense of entitlement when kids think they have an argument to present to someone kicking them out of a spot.  You just shut your fucking mouth, leave, and then come back.  This definitely falls into Gip's 99.9% estimate and is only going to make things more difficult on other skateboarders in the long run.

This is probably the most objective and well articulated assessment on this thread. Thanks.

Rumor is the ranger tried grabbing his boy... so dude went ape on him.

Far cry from the report saying that he nicely asked them to stop skating 'cause there were little kids around. If he did grab any of the kids ("Curtis" said it was his friend who got grabbed), it would've had to be several seconds before the dude attacked the ranger on video and not a reasonable self-defense argument and doesn't explain cheerfully degrading another person; that's some vulgar, sociopathic, bullying behavior.

Sorry for jumping anyone's shit for looking at it differently, this story just touched a nerve. All skateboarders know the value of our spots but that aside, if these punks did that to a ranger for asking them to not skate then that says a lot about their character. Don't even want to imagine how they treat other people in life.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »
This is difficult to decipher since the clip was edited and we weren't there.

even the source video is cut. the altercation does start off with the park ranger having 'curtis' in a headlock though. dude who recorded it needs to upload an unedited version...

1:14

shark tits

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:12 AM »
False flag attacks occur when government engages in covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations seem as if they are being carried out by other entities.

False flag terrorism is a favorite political tactic used by governments worldwide. They influence elections, guide national and international policy, and are cynically used to formulate propaganda and shape public opinion as nations go to war. Today, it is being used as an excuse to keep skaters out of Love Park.

Take a stand.

hipsters right though. LOVE PARK fight was an inside job! it's created turmoil in the skate community, pacifist skater vs fight skater. i forget who said it but 'they'll have you loving the oppressor and hating the motherfucker who's getting oppressed.' fight the power

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »
im more pissed at the hoe ass dude who filmed it and put it out = helping cops.

foureyedjim

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
This whole situation fucking reeks.
What the kid did was shitty for sure, regardless of whether or not the fight was warranted.  But the fact that people are ignoring what sparked the fight is just as shitty.  I like how the fact that one of the guy's friends was "grabbed" was completely swept under the rug.  I guess nobody cares as long as they have something or someone to get angry at.