Author Topic: Awful Advertising From Companies  (Read 10505 times)

HugeBodBoyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Awful Advertising From Companies
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2020, 04:25:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Belle & Sebastian suck.
[close]

I know we’re all angry but come on
[close]
Belle & Sebastian really do suck. They came into existence so they could pony up with Wes Anderson.

Fuck Spike Jonze, too, while we're at it. Whole lotta fuckin' goin' on.
[close]

you're fucking stupid
[close]

B&S were gold up until Catastrophe Waitress. Then I switched to Camera Obscura.
[close]

Aye, Wullie. You called it on Belle & Sebastian. Stellar discography until then. Camera Obscura were great, too (R.I.P. Carey).

Camera Obscura were so good. I got to see them in Nashville and we were right up front and Carey kept looking at me and I thought it was just in my head but then my wife (then GF) said, "why does she keep looking at you? Do you have something on you?"

Anyways, at the end of the show I swiped her set list that she left behind. It has her shoe print on it and it's in a frame now.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2020, 04:27:15 AM »

Little Debbie

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2020, 10:56:58 AM »
as far as ads in Covid time, this is pretty sick actually. kf back lip in jorts.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2020, 11:50:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Belle & Sebastian suck.
[close]

I know we’re all angry but come on
[close]
Belle & Sebastian really do suck. They came into existence so they could pony up with Wes Anderson.

Fuck Spike Jonze, too, while we're at it. Whole lotta fuckin' goin' on.
[close]

you're fucking stupid
[close]

B&S were gold up until Catastrophe Waitress. Then I switched to Camera Obscura.
[close]

Aye, Wullie. You called it on Belle & Sebastian. Stellar discography until then. Camera Obscura were great, too (R.I.P. Carey).
[close]

Camera Obscura were so good. I got to see them in Nashville and we were right up front and Carey kept looking at me and I thought it was just in my head but then my wife (then GF) said, "why does she keep looking at you? Do you have something on you?"

Anyways, at the end of the show I swiped her set list that she left behind. It has her shoe print on it and it's in a frame now.

Totally agree “Dear Catastrophe...” was the last great album.
Always backed Aberfeldy wish they did more.

RIP to Carey that was devastating.

Nice Little Wednesday. Bring back that Crailtap.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2020, 12:05:10 PM »

I haven't seen this obviously.  Maybe there's a slight chance it could be "good".  I feel sorry for Worrest and others if its not.   

Imagine thinking this was a good logo?

Imagine not knowing what "Thrashin'" is and claiming to be skateboarder?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2020, 04:40:46 PM »

I haven't seen this obviously.  Maybe there's a slight chance it could be "good".  I feel sorry for Worrest and others if its not.   

Imagine thinking this was a good logo?

Imagine not knowing what "Thrashin'" is and claiming to be skateboarder?

Josh Brolin cameo???

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2023, 11:02:10 AM »
Belle & Sebastian suck.

I loved belle and sebastian when I was 16/17, I mean, who didn't at that age?

I went back and listened to dear catastrophe waitress a few months ago and holy shit what was I thinking... oh yeah, hormones.

lurkluke

• Rep: 185
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2023, 11:23:02 AM »
I've definitely seen some ads that make me wonder what the marketing team was thinking... There was this one local car dealership ad that was so over the top, it was almost comical. The owner was dressed as a superhero, flying around the cars - it was just too much. I remember watching it and just laughing because it felt so out of place.

Did you bump a three year old thread to talk about a car dealership ad, and not even show the ad?

You're crazy for this one.

leafman4000

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2023, 11:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Belle & Sebastian suck.
[close]

I loved belle and sebastian when I was 16/17, I mean, who didn't at that age?

I went back and listened to dear catastrophe waitress a few months ago and holy shit what was I thinking... oh yeah, hormones.

the crail couch song makes me happy

Otherwise the album doesn’t do much for me

Edit: calling it now the account who bumped this is a Jinn proxy
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2023, 12:41:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those neff ads of just their face were pretty bad
[close]

lol do ppl actually wear Neff? Fuck their advertising, the product itself looks like some shit circus clowns wear when they're not at the circus but rather out and about stocking up on soda water. I see Neff in stores all over the place but the only Neff proddy I've seen out in the wild is on some production assistant chick on a movie set at the studio I work for. I walked past her and saw that her sweatshirt said Neff and was like to myself, "Okay, note to self: this lady's a kook." I wouldn't be caught dead in Neff gear. Maybe if I was somewhere where it was really cold and I didn't have anything else to use to cover up from the elements...but that's just me.
[close]
i think juggalos/raver burnouts wear it. i used to see it at Ross/Marshalls a bunch.

I’ve asked before and maybe you answered, but do you mind indulging me one more time and tell me who the Frank Zappa & Stevie wonder kid is/from?

Thanks @WeirdBeach

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2023, 02:02:24 PM »
Belle & Sebastian convo made me think of this

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2023, 07:16:23 PM »
Belle & Sebastian convo made me think of this

great flick.

lurkluke

• Rep: 185
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2023, 07:33:19 PM »
Belle and Sebastian almost as bad asscat power. Why the hell yall listen to that shit? Saw cat power play once all she did was cry. I pay 40 dollars to watch a lady cry! Fuck cat power.  I rather give my money to Joel gion and Anton and watch them box of I’m fuckingbwith guitars music.

I saw Belle and Sebastian once but I have no memory of it.

But the song The Boy with the Arab Strap came up on Spotify the other day and I dug it heaps. So I think I like them.

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2023, 07:45:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Belle and Sebastian almost as bad asscat power. Why the hell yall listen to that shit? Saw cat power play once all she did was cry. I pay 40 dollars to watch a lady cry! Fuck cat power.  I rather give my money to Joel gion and Anton and watch them box of I’m fuckingbwith guitars music.
[close]

But the song The Boy with the Arab Strap came up on Spotify the other day and I dug it heaps. So I think I like them.

I chose to listen to Dress Up in You and Another Sunny Day yesterday and I enjoyed both songs quite well.

Still can’t get into Arcade Fire though  :o

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 256
  • often correct
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2023, 07:52:10 PM »
not here for any belle & sebastian slander, fantastic group. their first two albums + all the EPs from that time period are untouchable and they're still remarkably consistent, they even put out two good albums within the last year, and their live shows are always super fun (and they sound great)

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2023, 08:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I chose to listen to Dress Up in You and Another Sunny Day yesterday and I enjoyed both songs quite well.

Arcade Fire, more like Dumpster Fire

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2023, 04:04:51 AM »
the 2000s were the worst decade for music, ugh

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2023, 06:38:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I feel like I have to clairfy my Belle and Sebastian take... I didn't totally hate them, or cringe while listening to them recently, they just didn't hit me the same way it did when I was a teenager. that's to be expected as you get older and your tastes change and develop, for sure, but it did bring up some enjoyable and deep nostalgic memories - those memories that are sweet yet painful, easy to remember, but somewhat hard to relive. "walking through the hallways in high school," is how I would describe it.

that same day I relistened to B&S I also listened to My Maudlin Career by Camera Obscura, and that album hits a little deeper for me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 12:53:27 PM by fineslime »

lewisnewton

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2023, 09:54:38 PM »
This is on the eS website:

The éS QUATTRO debuted in 1998, the same year as Google was founded. Both were revolutionary in the their respective worlds. The QUATTRO sold out so fast, we believe if it wasn’t for this shoe, the search engine – Google, wouldn’t be as popular as it is today. Ronnie Creager & Rick McCrank were both fans of the éS QUATTRO thanks to its supreme comfort, boardfeel, and its stunning appearance - the best option before Tinder! Want to get laid, paid and get an upgrade… the NEW updated éS QUATTRO is for you!

Pasta Monster

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2023, 03:21:21 PM »

The éS QUATTRO debuted in 1998, the same year as Google was founded. Both were revolutionary in the their respective worlds. The QUATTRO sold out so fast, we believe if it wasn’t for this shoe, the search engine – Google, wouldn’t be as popular as it is today. Ronnie Creager & Rick McCrank were both fans of the éS QUATTRO thanks to its supreme comfort, boardfeel, and its stunning appearance - the best option before Tinder! Want to get laid, paid and get an upgrade… the NEW updated éS QUATTRO is for you!
Kelly Hart probably wrote the description.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2023, 03:50:09 PM »

actual diarrhea in text form
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -457
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2023, 04:00:56 PM »

“The white and green for this colorway were inspired by being outdoors. The white represents the clouds in the sky and the green is the trees that grow tall to touch them.” -Trevor McClung

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2023, 05:06:14 PM »

lewisnewton

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2023, 05:36:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Kelly Hart probably wrote the description.

I was thinking Kelly or Steezus for sure

lewisnewton

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2023, 05:36:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

actual diarrhea in text form

100%