Author Topic: Supreme Milan - STALLION  (Read 29525 times)

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Supreme Milan - STALLION
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2021, 02:30:51 PM »
I like how everybody so woke these days about rape culture in skateboarding, mental health issues etc, but obsession with half naked young boys still a thing (judging by this video) and everybody seems ok with that.

But it’s different though.  You don’t get it you robo-cis-bam-boomer-baby.  Larry Clark broke through that barrier, as did Terry Richardson.  It’s art, man!

For the uninitiated that’s a joke. Feel like I have to include a disclaimer these days.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1299
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2021, 02:32:16 PM »
I've come to grips with what supreme videos are and enjoyed it for what it was. That being said, if an overpriced hype brand has to be the face of what's current in skating, I hope Dime eventually takes over (some might say it's already way cooler).

Dracula

• Rep: -20
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2021, 02:35:03 PM »
It just made me want to watch cherry

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »

Super bummed that these dudes went and spent who knows how long at one of the worst hit Western countries during the pandemic and didn’t even have a good video out of it.

Right? Is anyone else completely baffled that like 20 Americans flew to Milan of all places to mingle in public during the middle of the pandemic? Maybe I'm just some fucking nerd but that seems like an insane move.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2021, 03:54:30 PM »
Cool thing about those kids is they are happy to be part of the show, but I dont the know their names and people I'll forget they excist in  next week.

ricky bobby

« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Super bummed that these dudes went and spent who knows how long at one of the worst hit Western countries during the pandemic and didn’t even have a good video out of it.
[close]

Right? Is anyone else completely baffled that like 20 Americans flew to Milan of all places to mingle in public during the middle of the pandemic? Maybe I'm just some fucking nerd but that seems like an insane move.
Nah I was thinking this too. Maybe my perspective is fucked on this as an Australian, but an entire team flying to another country during a global pandemic to film this seems like such a dumb and inconsiderate move

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Nah I was thinking this too. Maybe my perspective is fucked on this as an Australian, but an entire team flying to another country during a global pandemic to film this seems like such a dumb and inconsiderate move

Being dumb and inconsiderate is stepping on IC’s toes

Also, is being bad at breaking boards going to be the new hot thing to do?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2021, 04:20:28 PM »
22Gz to the grate ledge was some real crip shit

I thought I was tripping when I heard “blixxy”.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2021, 04:25:23 PM »
i see Noncey Bill has some new pre teen fixations, one of them being Bushwick Bill back from the dead/ Garth Algar.

I liked the Manson girls song, She Cried, Stain, Rowan (really the skating was fine, the filming, fiits, and music was not)

I had second hand embarrassment for most of it but no more than Kader's triumphant "420" intro.

Supreme is terrible.

But that's just like my opinion mannnnnn

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:48:57 PM by figureitout »

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »
The ledge over the grate segment was dope. I’d never thing I’d see someone slide/grind it all the way to the end. The curved granite/marble curb is my dream spot - the sound of those grinds were glorious.

Also, how many 50-50 grind f/s shuvs are too many? Beatrice is dope, but I wouldn’t be mad if I never saw that trick again. She’s done that in pretty much every video she’s been in + 2 in this video

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2021, 04:37:41 PM »
The ledge over the grate segment was dope. I’d never thing I’d see someone slide/grind it all the way to the end. The curved granite/marble curb is my dream spot - the sound of those grinds were glorious.

Also, how many 50-50 grind f/s shuvs are too many? Beatrice is dope, but I wouldn’t be mad if I never saw that trick again. She’s done that in pretty much every video she’s been in + 2 in this video

I thought those same exact things. 

Also that one kid looks like a female librarian.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2021, 04:54:32 PM »
Stand outs for me were

Rowan. Dude fits Milan perfectly.

Any time you see Nik Stain you know the clip is going to be good before the trick even happens. Him falling at that one spot and not thinking he was going to make it was great.

When they were skating that curved curb. That blunt on that spot was sick.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2021, 05:12:45 PM »

hahaha Rips but
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2021, 05:28:21 PM »
Somethin off about that August dude's style
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2021, 05:33:01 PM »
I had to watch on my I Phone because of the 15 sec feature. I got done with it in about 7 min. Some really good tricks—y’all know.

It seems like supreme is trying to franchise street cool skate crews around the world. The American pros train them and then they blow up in their own country.

If they get good enough they get on the main team. It’s pretty devious and genius.

Also, starting a video with Alice in Chains unironically in 2021 is why you don’t have a 44 year old nerd edit a skate video.

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »
Going to a pajama party in Milan is not essential travel

I like seeing the local scene, but the inclusion feels like a tech whale swallowing a krill competitor

I love how TJ is in it, but bigger than it

So many sick clips, just a good target for talking shit
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 06:40:27 PM by one-off »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2021, 06:01:11 PM »
Ed Templeton wet dream outro
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2021, 06:11:27 PM »
Kader, Nik and Rowans clips were fucking good as everyone already said. I even really enjoyed Aidans segment on the round ledge spot.

Fat Bill needs to take his medication because the video was edited like garbage and the zooming was worse than ever.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2021, 06:38:23 PM »
Zero replay value.

Every little kid is far too aware while they’re skating that they’re being filmed for a supreme video, it’s soooooo fucking annoying.

this is the biggest problem with Strobeck overdoing this style. Skaters all doing their Blue Steel because they know.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2021, 06:39:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahaha Rips but

Got into skating after his dad never showed up to be Jose Canseco

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2021, 06:41:20 PM »
Team is crazy though. Kader is officially stealing the show most of the time these days, I don’t think he was quite that level for Baker 4 but he’s now what we thought he could be.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »
Overall some really grate skating. Especially towards the end there.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2021, 06:52:18 PM »
Vert button

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2021, 07:20:36 PM »
Hate to say it but not the best Strobeck's work, it feels like video was made in a big hurry and they tried to include everyone in, it still good tho. Waiting for the full length.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2021, 07:36:25 PM »
Somethin off about that August dude's style

He's always got his left hand like this

Brguy

« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2021, 07:58:08 PM »
I think these videos are made to be watched really fucking stoned, this way you might have a patience and attention span that fits the editing.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »
Tough to sit through the whole video. Wasn’t feeling the long intro. Alice In Chains song was wack. Beatrice with the same tricks in a different country.  That 22gz song felt super out of place and I feel like they could have thrown any mobb deep or prodigy song in there beings they just released the hnic shirt and it would have worked better. I also enjoyed the aiden clips at that ledge spot. Also really enjoyed tjs clips at that bank/grate spot but that hoodie he rocked in most clips was god awful. Overall there was some really good skating but definitely not gonna rewatch any time soon.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2021, 08:16:18 PM »
starting a video with Alice in Chains unironically in 2021 is why you don’t have a 44 year old nerd edit a skate video.

QUSH

• Rep: -32
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2021, 08:22:31 PM »
who does troy get boards from?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2021, 08:32:15 PM »

Credit: @emojiuser