Author Topic: Ken Block vs San Francisco  (Read 3534 times)

Bloody Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: Ken Block vs San Francisco
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 01:51:50 AM »
Because of that video I looked up and learned about the history of the word "hoon," which I thought was cool.

Someone up there compared this to the Austyne "Quik" video, which I saw as being a lot of pointing a camera on a jib at marginalised people. Though this car video can be seen as a gross use of resources, I think it was put together pretty well for a production like this... Matrix-style bullshit aside.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:37 AM »
That's cool...I just think that the video seems more focused on promoting Ken Block's sweet driving abilities than DC's products. I guess it's good if you can get 44 million people to associate your brand with that kind of "ridiculousness" but I didn't really know what they were trying to get me to buy after watching that.

Then what is a skate video?

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 07:41:16 AM »
Expand Quote
That's cool...I just think that the video seems more focused on promoting Ken Block's sweet driving abilities than DC's products. I guess it's good if you can get 44 million people to associate your brand with that kind of "ridiculousness" but I didn't really know what they were trying to get me to buy after watching that.
[close]

and who says you're the target market?  this video does the rounds on every street car racing sites and more; 44 million muscle bros do not care about DC being core or sponsoring wes kremer

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
leetgeek (your name is shitty and lame even if meant as ironic. There is nothing funny about it) Briden was a fat piece of shit who admitted to never skating, but regularly posting on a skateboard messageboard. Great role model

Ouch, so scathing. I can't believe Reagan doesn't like my name and doesn't approve of people who I like. What am I thinking? Briden is so fat!

Just because there is a limited amount of people that can participate in an activity, that doesn't mean one can't be good at it. Very few people can get into any type of racing, but I assure you, the top of the field are amazing at what they do and are at a skill level far out reach for most people. I'm not saying Ken Block is the cream of the crop by any means, but I am saying he is very good. Let me put this in a way that you might understand. Ken Block is better at driving than you are at skateboarding. To call something lame because a particular person has the means to do it while others don't makes absolutely no sense. Ken Block created a fun, creative, and exciting film. That's all it is. I don't understand why this would bunch your panties so much. By all means, don't stop talking shit about everything. You're the main reason I keep coming back to this site. I'm a fan.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »
I know a good amount of people that fix up cars that are poor as shit. I mean it's a hobby. Someone that is into it will put full money into their car, even if it looks and performs like shit. All this is relative. No one is saying you need a Ken Block car with an outfit to match. Some people like drifting cars even if they drive buckets. Its all just the love of the sport or hobbie.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »

better, solid backside carveslide
i have not watched this video but the title screen is one of the most righteous things ive ever seen!

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 02:30:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/scanners40ey4zqad3.gif

But seriously, I think my mistake is in still seeing DC as a skateboarding/footwear brand when really, they no longer are confined to such a small niche market. I would also freely admit that I am not a part of the target market for this piece, and that I too have a slight disdain for grandiose rich-boy antics such as Gipper described.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »
i wish i could get my 1967 beetle to do that...