Author Topic: Quitting smoking...  (Read 6421 times)

bad joke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 156
Re: Quitting smoking...
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2019, 11:26:40 PM »
smoking is cool but saying your going to quit all the time and never doing it but saying you will is even cooler

like bro you must be so tortured and conflicted and complex and shit

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2019, 11:49:52 PM »
I smoked for 21 years then switch to a small vape 6 months ago. I recommend purchasing one that’s meant for liquid refills more than the “Jule” kind personally. That way you can slowly lower the nicotine levels over time. For instance, you start at 12% nicotine, drop to 9%, 6% then 3% in the course of a month or 2. Then finally drop to 0% and eventually quit.

Full disclosure: I’ve been stuck at 6% for months
ableSkateMag.com

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 04:48:44 AM »
I smoked steadily from 1996-2011, probably started stealing cigarettes from my dad in 93-94, when i was 11 or 12, I was completely addicted, I smoked just under a pack a day. 2 packs when I got drunk.
I hit my breaking pint while I was out skating,  I felt like my heart was going to explode.
I quit, started to immediately improve my cardiovascular health, pick your thing, run, bike, gym machines or whatever you want. My biggest advice is to go and take advantage of your new lung capacity, it makes the idea of going back fade faster.
I am cigarette free 9 years this summer.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
made it through the weekend with 1 cig... not cold turkey but a small win for me. i chose a shitty time to quit, i have a wake tonight, funeral tomorrow, and i have court on thursday. Shitty week
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »
I smoked for 21 years then switch to a small vape 6 months ago. I recommend purchasing one that’s meant for liquid refills more than the “Jule” kind personally. That way you can slowly lower the nicotine levels over time. For instance, you start at 12% nicotine, drop to 9%, 6% then 3% in the course of a month or 2. Then finally drop to 0% and eventually quit.

That's me too. And my full disclosure, I still smoke like 3-4 cigs a day

My house smells fantastic though! This blueberry vanilla artificial flavor shit is amazing!!!

How long do your tanks last? I guess I dont vape much coming from the vape store employee, cause I said a tank lasts me about a week. Apperently that's not much
Gentleman ninja warlock

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My house smells fantastic though! This blueberry vanilla artificial flavor shit is amazing!!!

How long do your tanks last? I guess I dont vape much coming from the vape store employee, cause I said a tank lasts me about a week. Apperently that's not much

Liquid refills are definitely the way to go. I started out vaping 18mg and got down to 3mg. I would buy 0 and 3 and make 1.5 if I wasn't thrifting so hard right now. As it is, I buy a 60ml jar of 3mg once a month. I refill the tank on my pen usually once a day but maybe once more if I go out.

A few months back I was hanging at my friends house and he is an indoor smoker. I smoked a couple of cigs after hanging out there for a number of hours and my lungs were fucked for days. I've abstained since then and am fairly confident that I am done burning tobacco leaves and inhaling the smoke from them.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Liquid refills are definitely the way to go. I started out vaping 18mg and got down to 3mg. I would buy 0 and 3 and make 1.5 if I wasn't thrifting so hard right now. As it is, I buy a 60ml jar of 3mg once a month. I refill the tank on my pen usually once a day but maybe once more if I go out.

A few months back I was hanging at my friends house and he is an indoor smoker. I smoked a couple of cigs after hanging out there for a number of hours and my lungs were fucked for days. I've abstained since then and am fairly confident that I am done burning tobacco leaves and inhaling the smoke from them.

Sorry I dont know all the terms. That's what I'm using is the refillable tanks

Shits mad cheap, I made some at home that's even cheaper

Also, out of stupidity and not knowing what the fuck I was doing, I bought an expensive vape that was kinda big. That takmnk leaked no matter what after a month, my wife's too. The shop couldnt fix it.

Anyhow, I wanted a smaller one anyhow so I got this $65 dollar one and it's a fuckin champ. Doesnt leak, vapes nice and fits in my pocket without smashing the fuck outta my legs when I'm doing stuff.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:59:48 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2019, 06:06:52 AM »
How is everyone doing on this? If you're still struggling, ask your doctor about Champix. A friend of mine was the heaviest smoker you'll ever meet, smoked about a pouch of rolling tobacco a day and had a gravelly voice by his early twenties. He's now in his thirties, having smoked well over half his life. When he found out his lady was expecting, he knew he had to quit, but couldn't manage. This drug just made cigarettes instantly unpalatable to him. He simply couldn't smoke any longer. You will still have to be mindful of what you fill the void with, but if you are anything like him, cigarettes will not be an option anymore. He turned another friend of mine onto it and it worked just as well. Sorry I sound like some kind of pharma sales rep here but it was pretty great to see them liberated from this.

calvinsdream

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2019, 06:13:40 AM »
I switched to a juul after about ten years of smoking and I feel like shit less. I couldn't give up the nicotine. Plus now I can just smoke in my office or whatever

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2019, 06:17:45 AM »
I switched to a juul after about ten years of smoking and I feel like shit less. I couldn't give up the nicotine. Plus now I can just smoke in my office or whatever

I bet your co-workers fucking love that.

Here Come The Lame Jets

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2019, 06:32:29 AM »
How is everyone doing on this? If you're still struggling, ask your doctor about Champix. A friend of mine was the heaviest smoker you'll ever meet, smoked about a pouch of rolling tobacco a day and had a gravelly voice by his early twenties. He's now in his thirties, having smoked well over half his life. When he found out his lady was expecting, he knew he had to quit, but couldn't manage. This drug just made cigarettes instantly unpalatable to him. He simply couldn't smoke any longer. You will still have to be mindful of what you fill the void with, but if you are anything like him, cigarettes will not be an option anymore. He turned another friend of mine onto it and it worked just as well. Sorry I sound like some kind of pharma sales rep here but it was pretty great to see them liberated from this.

And these medications might make you kill your family which will save you a ton of money

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 07:36:59 AM »
excitableboy is Ray Liotta, confirmed.

I did a paid study a few years ago where I got a ton of nicotine patches for free, I found it listed on craigslist.

I cheef out heavily on high nicotine level juice pretty much constantly now.
I use a small vape, but it's still pretty embarrassing. Still better than smoking though.

excitableboy

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »
Guess I should have realized this drug is well known, especially stateside. And I guess it's known to have some side effects? There's no advertising for medication where I live so didn't think I was stating the obvious. Anyway, hang in there pals! Try not to murder your relatives.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 09:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bet your co-workers fucking love that.

A lot more than then they love secondhand everytime they enter or leave the building
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »

Good looking out! i have an appointment Monday!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is chamonix the trademark name of bupropion?

Tread carefully,  works amazing for some, others not so much.

And you now have a script for a super stimulant! This is the shit to get people of cocaine

Gentleman ninja warlock

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 10:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is chamonix the trademark name of bupropion?

Tread carefully,  works amazing for some, others not so much.

And you now have a script for a super stimulant! This is the shit to get people of cocaine

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 12:08:33 PM »
Chamonix is a mountain region in France. You'd think that the French would pronounce it [Sha-muh-nee], but many French pronounce it [Sha-muh-niks]. This might vary depending on what region of France they are from. I know many southern French who enunciate the X, while Parisians seem to drop the X (not drop ecstasy).

Anyway, as a non-smoker, I am curious about how smokers feel about the packaging on cigs. Some areas have very graphic pictures of damaged organs on cig boxes. Other places have big bold text about health effects. I feel like this is the type of thing that would give me severe anxiety and want to take steps to quit, although my efforts would probably be temporary. Do you think the graphic images and scary text helps or just cause you stress? Hoping for the best for anyone trying to curb addiction of any kind.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 04:37:51 PM »
In the US, at least in CA, we don't have the huge warnings or the gory imagery. I've seen both from friends visiting from out of the country so I do know what you mean though. Our packages have messages but they are relatively small and have always been there and so, for me at least, they were easy to ignore. The approach to get people to quite here is keep taxing the shit out of them. I remember the hike to $5 a pack was rough but I stayed in there until they went over $10. In some cities they are as high as $14 I think now? That's a lot to have to spend roughly every day.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2019, 10:48:02 PM »
Lol, just noticed my atrocious spelling now.

Good laugh, not going to fix it

Gentleman ninja warlock

excitableboy

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well I hope it works man, I may have painted too rosy a picture there. Good luck!

Cigarette packs don't even have a logo or coloring on them anymore here, they all look the same. Just a picture of foul lungs or an amputee or the like. There's is a big lawsuit pending currently as well, suing all major companies for mass poisoning. Thrown out in regular court though.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2019, 02:52:31 PM »
Ive been smoking for about 8 years...just moved back to Australia after 5 years in Canada. The price alone of cigarettes here are reason enough to quit among the whole heath reason haha but yeah ive never tried quitting or told anyone im planning to quit, i hate those kooks who say they are quitting and a week later they are back choofing back cigs. My girlfriend dosent smoke so thats a huge incentive to quit aswell. Hoping to be off them within the next couple of months, im easing into it, cutting down my smokes per day, slowly attempting to ween off them

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »
I caved in and bought a juul. I’ve been smoking about half my life but only 3 or 4 a day unless i’m drinking heavy. It’s not quite the same and i feel like a dork using it but I havn’t smoked a cig in 2 weeks

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »
Hate to be that dude but if you’re gonna quit you gotta quit regardless and stick with it. I understand wakes are tough, and I’m sorry for your loss.. but if you want to quit stop giving yourself excuses. You’re setting yourself up to starting back up the next time something bad happens. Like getting fired, or dumped or something.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2019, 05:28:57 AM »
the truth hurts, well said . ^^
you're either in or your out, quitting cigarettes is  stopping smoking cigarettes forever.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2019, 07:14:56 AM »
Hate to be that dude but if you’re gonna quit you gotta quit regardless and stick with it. I understand wakes are tough, and I’m sorry for your loss.. but if you want to quit stop giving yourself excuses. You’re setting yourself up to starting back up the next time something bad happens. Like getting fired, or dumped or something.

Yeah, i've been realizing that for sure. Im taking a break from drinking to help make it really stick this time

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2019, 07:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, i've been realizing that for sure. Im taking a break from drinking to help make it really stick this time

This sounds counter intuitive but when I quit smoking I made sure to keep drinking. I wanted to be able drink without having the itch to smoke. I hate seeing "non-smokers" turn into the assholes bumming smokes whenever they drink.

Never have had a slip up.

Here Come The Lame Jets

feedmeseymour

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2019, 08:53:59 AM »
best part of not smoking is after you land a "good trick" by your standards usually you reward yourself with a cigg. now instead its like well i guess ill just keep it going and you end up forming lines or just landing so much more because youre not sitting down smoking for ten min.

when you land something really good then twist up an L for the team.

leopard print

• Rep: 12
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »

Ah, the classic Ludovico Technique
I seen a nigga piss over the stall wall into the other toilet, it was so dope.

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »
Whatever you do, do not use Chantix.  Some horror stories from that stuff.  You have to change your thought process, as a whole, and each time you get a craving.  I smoked for 10 years.  Quit on new years day cold turkey.  You just have to convince your mind that you don't smoke anymore.  It helps if someone can hold you accountable.  I lived with my ex at the time so not wanting to disappoint her or myself helped.  I also used a free app called Quitit.  It motivates you a bit when you see how much time has passed, how much money you've saved etc....Make a bet with a friend and be honest about it.  Do whatever you need to do to hold yourself accountable. 

I also smoked weed at that time.  It really helped, just getting that one hit of weed would get me through days if I could just feel that chest/throat hit once or twice a day. All in all, it's really about changing your thoughts.  When I wanted to smoke I just came up with something else to think about.