Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand  (Read 5906 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2023, 09:05:45 PM »
Bought a pair of dickies from them this morning, $53 shipped.

Pretty good

Rattus Localis

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2023, 02:23:46 AM »
This shop "Hyper Ride" in NZ has some insane deals on New Balances for the next 39 hours.

Got a pair of white Tom Knox highs and a pair of all black Tiago 808s for 60 bucks each.

After currency conversion, and with 20 bucks shipping to Australia, I paid about 130 AUD.

Lots of other styles going mad cheap in heaps of sizes. Unfortunately there were no size 1010s in size 11, but I ain't complaining.

https://www.hyperride.co.nz/

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2023, 02:48:26 PM »
Gah! No size 11's... It's always the way with Hyperride!

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2023, 02:24:20 AM »

Boxing Day sales are already live for some shops, including OCD, Skate Connection and others.

OCD has some good things on sale right now, so much really, but go by brand and find the good stuff in the sale area.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/collections/sale

Skate Connection has 30% off all hardgoods including Bones bearings, which come down to a really good price.

I have emails from quite a few others too, but I haven't been through them yet to see what is around.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2024, 02:35:52 AM »

Might be a bit late, but the Vans AU site has so many stupid discounts right now, as well as a stackable 25% off all shoes once your order gets over $100 or more than two pairs of shoes, that ends at midnight 20/02/2024 but still enough time to get some bargains.

There are some pretty decent shoes from $29.99 and a fair number of full size ranges from about $39.99 in what might be weird colours or styles but for people who want cheap shoes, it is not a bad deal.

https://www.vans.com.au/shop/sale

*  I just bought another five pairs for under $165 - four of those from the Skate range and one from the Classic range, more for others this time / kids I skate with, but the deals are there.

** Seems that 25% off sale is still going, two days after when the site said it would end.  Get it while you can, I guess.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 10:32:00 PM by Mbrimson88 »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1940
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2024, 06:34:30 PM »
Surfstitch still has DSM decks for $60 if you can deal with Enjoi graphics, 8.25 - 8.5
https://www.surfstitch.com/skate/hardware/decks

Their shoes are heavily marked down but odd sizes like 7 / 12 / 13
https://www.surfstitch.com/skate/footwear?srule=price-ascending&start=0&sz=100

Worth poking around for a really good deal, plus shipping is dirt cheap.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2024, 10:20:57 PM »
Yeah I saw a joslin in my size for $40, which is insane, but it’s still a potato ass shoe with no appeal

Dkeppel

• Rep: 10
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2024, 08:22:34 PM »
Hyperride is selling 2 x Madness 8.125" Popsicle shaped decks for $59.99NZD($37USD) Shipping is free on orders over $50NZD on Friday's or shipping is $15NZD otherwise Link - https://www.hyperride.co.nz/product/243193/madness-2-for-decks-voices

Dimensions are not listed on the Hyperride website and are incorrect on other websites, Tail is 6.5" and Nose is 7" not the other way around. Deck has step kicks and Mellow concave.

Madness 8.125" with Steep kick/Mellow concave next to Madness 8.5" with Mellow kick/Medium concave.

Bottom of Decks, they come in different colours.

Nose of deck, bad photo, Nose approx 180mm(7") long.

Nose end width a little bit larger than tail, little less dramatic taper, approx 206.5mm(8.125").

The Madness 8.125" decks side by side, nose to tail, to give you an idea of differences in the nose/tail angle.

Middle of the deck width, approx 206.5mm(8.125").

Tail end width tapers in slightly approx 205.5mm(8.091").

Tail length 165mm(6.5")

I thought I'd put the effort in because these decks could be a very nice deal for someone who chews through decks, and decks are usually very expensive in this part of the world.

I haven't skated one yet, I was planning to put these on ice until I needed a new deck but I'm very tempted, I love a steep kick and mellow concave and this price for 2 x Decks is amazing. I'm guessing once these are gone, they are gone and we won't see this sort of price again for a while.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2024, 05:23:34 PM »
Thanks for your detailed review. I saw these up on Hyperride. A friend and I got 2 x Ace Blunt Madness decks for $50 each in one of those 2 for one deals recently. What do you think of the Madness shapes and R7 construction? I find the shapes never have as much concave in the kicks, fingers of flat and length in the tail like I am used to via BBS. The construction is also super stiff (I guess because of the epoxy) and also very heavy! They do eventually break in and they last longer than most, that's for sure. The wheel wells and cut outs are super sick. These will last you ages.

Seems like all retailers are selling Madness super cheap atm. Opera looks to be almost a carbon copy of the brand!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2024, 05:58:38 PM »
Thanks for your detailed review. I saw these up on Hyperride. A friend and I got 2 x Ace Blunt Madness decks for $50 each in one of those 2 for one deals recently. What do you think of the Madness shapes and R7 construction? I find the shapes never have as much concave in the kicks, fingers of flat and length in the tail like I am used to via BBS. The construction is also super stiff (I guess because of the epoxy) and also very heavy! They do eventually break in and they last longer than most, that's for sure. The wheel wells and cut outs are super sick. These will last you ages.

Seems like all retailers are selling Madness super cheap atm. Opera looks to be almost a carbon copy of the brand!

Opera is the same guys, team, and management from Madness, just like Jacuzzi is Louie Barletta and the old Enjoi people, names and more info easy enough to look up if you are more interested, eg Bill Weiss for one, but quite simply, when Dwindle Distribution was bought out and then jobs cut including team managers and higher up management of a company that employed skaters, everyone quit and left to start their own again, without corporate carnts ruining their fun, so to speak.

Opera, Jacuzzi and other brands are now under their own new distribution but still getting boards / wood from DSM woodshop, same place as Dwindle before too, which is why things might look, feel and even appear much the same in terms of shapes and branding.

If you liked DSM / Dwindle boards, they should all work well for you, but if you are not so much into the super stiff feeling and the concaves, they can be a bit harder to get used to.

At least from a customer perspective, there are some really good deals on Dwindle boards, still going on as they clear out all that stock, from local distributors, to shops and everywhere else in between.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2024, 11:52:32 PM »
Wholesale price on all the old Dwindle decks is insanely low, Hyper ride is still making good profit on the 2 for 1.
Was gonna buy a stack from my local but they didn't have any shapes for me which is a shame cause I like R7 a lot.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: February 29, 2024, 02:08:09 AM »
Wholesale price on all the old Dwindle decks is insanely low, Hyper ride is still making good profit on the 2 for 1.
Was gonna buy a stack from my local but they didn't have any shapes for me which is a shame cause I like R7 a lot.

I wonder if there is a time frame on moving all the remaining stock, or just because they are all brands that are now "dead in the water" it is a case of getting as much stock out and gone ASAP.

The funny thing is I think some of the better stock is already long gone, but then I see someone else (shop or whoever) has a whole lot more on sale, be it stock they just got in or bought from elsewhere or whatever, but yeah it is the same in Australia too - shops with existing stock clearing it out and some other shops getting a lot more in and doing big deals in moving boards, eg three decks for the original RRP board before Dwindle went to the wall.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2024, 01:31:37 AM »

Seeing a few emails come through from shops, including these ones today:

OCD 20% off everything, some exceptions, expires midnight 28th April.

Locality store 30% off everything, code STATIC from now until midnight Saturday

Also seen some more sale items and prices dropped on Vans.com.au and Platypusshoes.com.au with up to 30% off with codes shown at the top of the pages, CODE30 for Platypus anyway.

dunc

• Rep: 54
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2024, 12:38:19 AM »
Outsiders skate shop is having a 50% of all shoes and skate goods. I got some x99 for 55.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2024, 06:28:51 AM »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2024, 04:55:20 PM »
$20-30 874's with cheap shipping
https://www.universalstore.com/collections/dickies?sort_by=price-ascending

$50 Leo's and Jano's, some 1/2 price Ishod's etc.
https://www.wearedropouts.com.au/collections/nike-sb/Shoes

Dropouts has some good stuff on sale, decks down below wholesale prices too.

Those Dickies for that cheap are too good - some whole runs almost out of stock, but they have khaki and dark brown with most sizes.