Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32368 times)

Spankthemonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2020, 02:42:03 AM »
Start branddrop thread

Spankthemonkey

• Rep: -48
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2020, 02:47:06 AM »
Before popwar

Find me before popwar

Dracula

• Rep: -20
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »
Used to film with Tyson Peterson when we were 14/15 years old

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2020, 03:39:04 PM »
Expand Quote
I was in "Fiddler on the Roof" with Neal Patrick Harris in high school. He was nice.
[close]

Really? I fucking love NPH.

Yeah it's true! He was already famous for Doogie Howser and was picked on a lot. But he was super nice.

I crossed paths with him a couple years ago and he had no idea who the fuck I was.

bad joke

• Rep: 155
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2020, 05:20:33 PM »
Tony tave
Colt cannon
Tost townend
Drew Potter
Brent atchley
Shaun white
Don Nguyen(the fact that I have to put the nuge)
Lincoln ueda
Eric Fletcher
Omar Salazar
Corey duffel

middle name salad

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
Brophy is originally from Margaret River, which is about an hour south of where I live.  He'd come up and skate our park when there were contests on and would kill it.  met him properly not long ago through mutual friends, nice guy

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2020, 07:21:19 PM »
Hung out with some skate kids last night. Bragging about how boo Johnson gave them weed and was the coolest person. Also they saw Antwan and went to a party with him. Also that Tony tave got us into a pro competition. All while spitting beer in my face while holding me close so I can't get away. It was like they thought I'd like them more if they knew more pros. Fucking lame
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2020, 08:01:32 PM »
Hung out with some skate kids last night. Bragging about how boo Johnson gave them weed and was the coolest person. Also they saw Antwan and went to a party with him. Also that Tony tave got us into a pro competition. All while spitting beer in my face while holding me close so I can't get away. It was like they thought I'd like them more if they knew more pros. Fucking lame
I thought that was the whole point of this thread :o

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
  • the moon rules
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2020, 09:07:45 PM »
I used to drink beers with Jeff Lenoce every other weekend
Tony Vitello sent me some Hubba wheels when they started up and used to call up the local shop to chit chat. I became friends with his sister too, but we fell out of touch ages ago
Weston Correa gave me a board when I was a kid and now we sometimes meet up at the skatepark
Andy Dick and his son are the only people I’ve ever banned from my house. My roommates and I were friends with his ex-girlfriend and they’d always come over after the bar. Andy would always get too fucked up and cause a scene as the novelty wore off. I had to wake up for work at 5 am one time and he came in my room screaming at about 2:30 on maybe a Wednesday. That was the final straw. I guess it’s a really common thing for people in/around Hollywood
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:12:55 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

Gengles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2020, 05:58:51 PM »
I’ve met rayborn Cyril Dan corrigan donavan rice Kristian svitak Chad Knite and Jason Adams... jaws hawk and I used to skate at Justin brocks indoor park before he was really anybody  8)

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »
Met Chris Cole at the old x games park in North Philly during the dying to live days. Seemed like a nice dude, said what's up and then immediately started shredding.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2020, 10:48:47 PM »
Not a skateboard story, but I think this is worth name dropping...

I met the Barbarian Brothers when I was 10. I remember going out to dinner with one of them and my dad. He was pretty cool.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Yu Dum

« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2020, 06:20:38 AM »
Met the whole skate rock crew back when they rolled through Memphis in like 2013? I can’t remember the year right now. Haven’t slept much lately. But, pretty much everyone was how I expected them to be except Figgy. He was an asshole and acted like he didn’t want to be there.

Daveed was friendly, Geoff Rowley is a fucking gentleman and a scholar, Andy Roy was actually very friendly as well. Same with Phelps. He asked my name and shouted “THANKS FOR HOSTING US. WE FUCKING LOVE THIS CITY!” And gave me a hug and signed my board.

GT was rad as well. I asked Andy if he was getting on antihero (this was like a few months before it happened) and he told me that he had been in Grant’s ear the whole trip.
Nuge was also super fucking cool. My homie had his circa combat pro models on and he was so stoked. You could see the genuine appreciation in his smile and hear it in his voice. He apologized for figgy being a dick as well.
Didn’t skate at all because it was a fucking hellscape, but it was so rad being in that environment. Definitely a highlight for 18 year old me.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2020, 08:01:05 AM »
Puleo delivered burritos to my crib once.

Chad Muska stops me in soho every now then and says whatup. Not the other way around.

Free max b
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:46:59 AM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2020, 08:08:44 AM »
Not sure how much of a name drop this is, but I went to the same high school as Corey Millett.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2020, 08:13:51 AM »
Oh and one more, Kenny Stills (WR for the Houston Texans) and I were in the same first grade class
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
got snaked by John Rattrays kid on a micro scooter whilst John took shelter under a tree

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2020, 01:39:21 PM »
Not a skateboard story, but I think this is worth name dropping...

I met the Barbarian Brothers when I was 10. I remember going out to dinner with one of them and my dad. He was pretty cool.

Dude... woah you ate dinner with the barbarian bros, my dad worked for some production company in Vegas and I got to sit in the Wayne’s world mobile with “Garth” that’s the closest I’ve gotten to any celebrity.... oh wait I was in the same labor union as joe Pesci in Vegas as well, he would make speeches at banquets and shit that was cool
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
Andrew Sendejo of the Vikings
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »
Met Wade DesArmo for the first time tonight at Skate Loft in TO. Went out of his way to introduce himself to me. Super nice guy.

He skated for maybe an hour before focusing his freshly set up board. We all have those days though, right?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »
This is not skate related but before I moved to Tennessee I lived in LA and one of my best friends was Henry Hopper. He lived with his mom but his dad Dennis would come hang out with him regularly. We visited his house one time and it was this crazy metal box on stilts. It was very minimal inside and I remember playing a Waterworld pinball machine (that movie had just come out.) One time he took us to a Nickelodeon Slime taping. We wanted to get slimed but he was like nah.

Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

DCOTY

• Rep: 5
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2020, 09:05:20 PM »
One time was skating a park in Melbourne with a few of my friends it was kinda busy so we were just hanging out sitting down. Then my friend was like “oh wtf Gareth stehr is skating the same board as me” then as we keep watching we realise that Gareth had just taken my friends board and started skating on it as if it was his own. When he said to him “um you are skating my board” Gareth replied back with “yeah you weren’t skating so I just thought I’ll go skate”.

We were all so confused by that.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2020, 06:15:09 AM »
i downloaded all of ronson lambert's youtube videos and made him a welcome video for a team that doesn't exist

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »
i downloaded all of ronson lambert's youtube videos and made him a welcome video for a team that doesn't exist

You win.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2020, 02:04:22 PM »
When I was a kid my parents took me to Disney World and my little 5 year old punkass was too scared to get on the pirates of the Caribbean.

They took my dad and I out the backdoor and on the way out a bunch of security stopped us and told us we had to wait a second, some people are coming in this way. Michael Jackson and McCaulay Culkin walk up. A photographer takes a picture of us that ends in the Orlando paper the next morning.

Ride was shutdown for an hour with my Mom and brothers still in line, my Dad and I got ice cream.
p-shuvs and v-flips

euro tm

« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2020, 02:21:32 PM »
Puleo delivered burritos to my crib once.

Chad Muska stops me in soho every now then and says whatup. Not the other way around.

Free max b

no one will top this

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2020, 02:53:47 PM »
I saw Zach Wallen at a dickies demo soon after Ben passed. It was kinda solemn and mellow. Zach was popping front 3s so high on flat. We chatted a bit, he was super nice. He complimented my hat. I told him it's theories and he said theories makes cool shit.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2020, 02:59:50 PM »
Not sure how much of a name drop this is, but I went to the same high school as Corey Millett.

DAMN!!! this one is the best..Corey is the radest dude. Always handles dem beers.

doyle

• Rep: 213
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2020, 03:23:34 PM »
Expand Quote
my friend's girlfriend's roommate used to date yaje
[close]

Sucks for her I heard hes a chump

I went to Pea Soup Anderson's with him once. It was a little after Workshop's return and before I'd seen much coverage of him. He was really nice and I wouldn't have guessed that he'd end up getting so much hate on here. Pea Soup Anderson's was good though (and I'm not much of a soup guy) so shoutout to Yaje for suggesting we go there.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2020, 03:36:58 PM »
got snaked by John Rattrays kid on a micro scooter whilst John took shelter under a tree

I believe it.

Rattray and Ultimate Phil raided my curb spot last summer and asked me to be in their movie, "Men of Summer." I said, "Blokes of Summer" sounded better... (Before "Blokes" came out). I think my joke fell flat and that was that, end of my skate career.