Author Topic: Portland Maine  (Read 657 times)

tension

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
Portland Maine
« on: October 12, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
Going over to spend a few days with my wife and a broken wrist... any cool skate shops or covid compliant outdoor food or drink spots?
 thanks!
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
Re: Portland Maine
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 07:44:49 AM »
Not from there so I don’t know a ton about the place but if you are down with seafood, I HIGHLY recommend eating at Eventide while you’re there.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 954
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 07:48:42 AM »
Going over to spend a few days with my wife and a broken wrist... any cool skate shops or covid compliant outdoor food or drink spots?
 thanks!

Go for a romantic walk on old orchard beach?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 09:33:02 AM »
Get a real Italian at Amatos. It’s a chain they’re all over Maine but it’s such a good open faced sandwich that people get them shipped to the west coast. A Welsh favorite.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 10:49:50 AM »
Not from there so I don’t know a ton about the place but if you are down with seafood, I HIGHLY recommend eating at Eventide while you’re there.
hell yea. Eventide legit.

Do you like beer? Amazing beer town. Bissel for sure. But Austin street, foundation.. etc

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hell yea. Eventide legit.

Do you like beer? Amazing beer town. Bissel for sure. But Austin street, foundation.. etc

I do!

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 12:32:25 PM »

my wife is stoked on this, thanks!

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »
Old port my friend..beautiful old buildings and such. Enjoy your stay here in Maine. We be friendly folk.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »
Also for shops check out Mocean. Theres one in Portland and also one in OOB. Also Backwoods skate/snow in Auburn. Both shops are owned by rad fucking people.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 02:35:06 PM »
Been once and I’ve been thinking about going back ever since. Tandem coffee had great coffee and a bunch of good looking pastries. Rose foods had super good bagels and other sandwiches if I remember correctly. There’s an oyster bar called the shop that I went too with a variety of different oysters for super cheap. A brewery is located right behind it as well but don’t remember which. If I remember correctly bon appetite had a bunch of articles they did with good recommendations for other restaurants/things to do as well.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 07:14:44 PM »
Only been once, stayed for a few days though. Beer, coffee seafood is all on point and I’m a snob. I wasn’t there to skate but I did hit this bank by the highway on the way out. I saw some ledges in town too but nothing too exciting.

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
Bayside American Cafe has the best corned beef hash I have ever had.  Also a really good beer selection.  I work as a raft guide in Northern Maine in the summers and I always stop on my way through.  The skatepark is pretty good too.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 02:39:24 AM »
Bayside American Cafe has the best corned beef hash I have ever had.  Also a really good beer selection.  I work as a raft guide in Northern Maine in the summers and I always stop on my way through.  The skatepark is pretty good too.
Bayside has good food and checkout the Portland head for some amazing views. Sidenote: @garthblader if your guiding next Summer hit me up to go skate if you want. I have never rafted let alone the Allagash, so I need to make that happen someday.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 03:01:47 AM by Seventyfrigginseven »

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 05:21:16 AM »
Hell yeah dude, I guide on the Kennebec and Dead in the Forks.  I'd love to meet some folks who skate or are from the area. 

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 06:51:14 AM »
Hell yeah dude, I guide on the Kennebec and Dead in the Forks.  I'd love to meet some folks who skate or are from the area.
I had a feeling you talking about the forks for some reason, I am about a half hour through the woods from there basically. It's funny I mentioned your post to my wife (who is a native here) over breakfast this morning and she said he probably guides the Allagash if he comes from far away. I was right and she was wrong. Lol.. Anyhow they are building a new park in Bangor, maybe it will be done by the next time you're up here.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 10:20:23 AM »
thanks everyone! were going to try to do as much recommended as possible

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 10:37:21 AM »
thanks everyone! were going to try to do as much recommended as possible
Hells yeah man. Hope you guys make some good memories! Peace!

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
SOOO much good food in portland. Lately ive been eating a lot of Bahn Mi and Ive really been feeling Bahn Appetite, and Mellen St Market (Bardega, grab a beer and a gallon of milk on the way out). Mocean Is definitely a cool hang. Otto Pizza is pretty beast too. If you keep walking down the sidewalk next to that bridge spot and bang a left after the last overpass it takes you out to a little DIY spot with a little quarterpipe and cinder block ledge. Lots of cool spots in the cuts, Downtown is kinda beat.