Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1889985 times)

lem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #11580 on: April 25, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »
Stay up jack burton, hopefully she comes around.

Not as tragic, but I'm pissed that I can't rip my copy of Hurt Locker. I've handbraked plenty of my skate videos but I guess Hurt Locker has some stupid bastard decryption on it. And the new VLC doesn't handle decrypting anymore, but I could install a script that'll make it compatible again so I did and that shit still isn't working. Frustrating.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #11581 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Best friend tried to end it. Was at the hospital all night and most of today. Her family is having her committed tonight. Not sure how long she will be there either. Haven't slept in about 36 hours and i have work in 12. This post makes me uncomfortable but I don't like sharing with real people.
[close]

So sorry to hear that, man. What was she having problems with before? (If it's alright to ask.)

Just struggling with severe depression most of her life with terrible anxiety. Seen her just get horrible panic attacks and go through crazy mood swings out of no where. Pretty nervous with the attitude she was going into the facility with that they'll end up keeping her longer.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11582 on: April 25, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
Had to cancel my tattoo appointment for today.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #11583 on: April 25, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Best friend tried to end it. Was at the hospital all night and most of today. Her family is having her committed tonight. Not sure how long she will be there either. Haven't slept in about 36 hours and i have work in 12. This post makes me uncomfortable but I don't like sharing with real people.
[close]

So sorry to hear that, man. What was she having problems with before? (If it's alright to ask.)
[close]

Just struggling with severe depression most of her life with terrible anxiety. Seen her just get horrible panic attacks and go through crazy mood swings out of no where. Pretty nervous with the attitude she was going into the facility with that they'll end up keeping her longer.

I hope everything turns out well.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #11584 on: April 26, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »
Just found out my old roommate/bandmate/friend tried to kill himself tonight. 2nd attempt, but his parents found him. He'll be spending at least the next 3 months in the state mental institution. Even having to type that sucked.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

oneshovel

« Reply #11585 on: April 26, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »
- Seeing an ex look way better than when you were dating.
- Walking around with resumes but most places only accept online applications.
- Friend asking me to help her move, because her man left her, and offering no incentive.
- Soccer...  I love to be social, and to exercise.. but soccer is no fun.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 184
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #11586 on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
deep web thread. humanity sucks.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11587 on: April 26, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
I just feel so damn apathetic and indifferent about my life. I don't know why. There's no apparent reason.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #11588 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:48 AM »
Im ill and hungover.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #11589 on: April 27, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »
Just found out my old roommate/bandmate/friend tried to kill himself tonight. 2nd attempt, but his parents found him. He'll be spending at least the next 3 months in the state mental institution. Even having to type that sucked.

Going through the same thing right now as I posted earlier in the thread. Shit is super stressful. Stay up man.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #11590 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »
Theres this big rollerblade shop thats located near the skatepark that is killing the scene here, they have tons of boards (youve never seen a skateshop with more boards.  about 200 at any given time) and they sell them for nothing in a concious affort to close the real skateshops in town.
the prices they offer before "homie discount" are the prices core shops pay to get their boards so they cant keep up, that rollerblade shop is run by a family that is known to be involved with sketchy shit and they own a few shipping freights which keeps the shipping costs to almost nothing..
 the thing is that alot of skate companies deal with them, they have DLX, Deathwish, Think, AWS, Habitat, blueprint and basicly every comapny kids want and they sell it for dirt cheap, no child can resist those prices and the core shops are barely getting any business.
another big problem is that they have exclusive distrobution rights for tons of popular brands and the only way for the core shop to get those brands is to deal with them, and what shop would want to deal with a criminals thats sell rollerblades?
shitty situation, all the shops are on the verge of closing and there is no hope for them when the roller shop is still getting shit from skate companies.
not stoked on this at all.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11591 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
Just had this girl over on the pretense of casual sex (fucked her a year ago when I last saw her), was all going well until I suggested a movie and she chose Mean Girls. From that point on I no longer existed and all she could say was 'You go Glen Coco!'.  :-\

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11592 on: April 27, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
I tell the woman cutting my hair I want the same length all over. Around a number 6. She tells me it will look better if it is longer on top. I tell her I haven't let anyone style my hair since I was 8. I mean I literally have had 2 hairstyles since then - buzzed and then grow it out. Some years it got really long, nowadays I usually cut it when it gets somewhat shaggy. She does her preference under the pretense that she will change it if I don't like it. I didn't so she just basically gives me the same haircut but shorter. Looks like shit and I just wanted to get out of there before she butchered me some more. Wack.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #11593 on: April 27, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
So in 4 days time I'm embarking on an 11 week US/EU trip and I just twisted my knee skating.

I've been icing it all afternoon and I have a brace that I'm wearing for it but it feels wierd to walk and if I just turn my knee slightly to the left it's like an 8/10 pain in my knee.

This fucking blows.

Right now I'm just sitting in my bed watching Fully Flared, drinking beer and just praying that it will only take a couple of days to heal although I'm probably kidding myself. I'm just trying to stay positive right now, thinking things could be a lot worse.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:07:20 AM by Moist »

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 184
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #11594 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:40 PM »
I tell the woman cutting my hair I want the same length all over. Around a number 6. She tells me it will look better if it is longer on top. I tell her I haven't let anyone style my hair since I was 8. I mean I literally have had 2 hairstyles since then - buzzed and then grow it out. Some years it got really long, nowadays I usually cut it when it gets somewhat shaggy. She does her preference under the pretense that she will change it if I don't like it. I didn't so she just basically gives me the same haircut but shorter. Looks like shit and I just wanted to get out of there before she butchered me some more. Wack.

she wanted you to get that dylan comb over started.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11595 on: April 28, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »
These pancakes fucking suck.

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #11596 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »

having a very expensive, embarrassing, and nerve racking weekend.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #11597 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
So I had spoken with the store manager with the store i was hoping to transfer to, and all transfers to that store had been frozen. Apparently several other people from my store were trying to leave to go to this one as well. Store manager pitches a goddamn fit and has all transfers closed. fucking cunt. Next step is to apply at a store thats the same distance from my house but its in the other direction, so its outside of my current district.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #11598 on: April 29, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »
Decided to experiment and purchased a pair of vulc shoes.

Switch flip caught primo = bruised left foot.

Luckily it isn't anything major, and they worked pretty well aside from that incident. I'm still re-upping on a fleet of cupsoles though.

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
« Reply #11599 on: April 29, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »
So in 4 days time I'm embarking on an 11 week US/EU trip and I just twisted my knee skating.

I've been icing it all afternoon and I have a brace that I'm wearing for it but it feels wierd to walk and if I just turn my knee slightly to the left it's like an 8/10 pain in my knee.

This fucking blows.

Right now I'm just sitting in my bed watching Fully Flared, drinking beer and just praying that it will only take a couple of days to heal although I'm probably kidding myself. I'm just trying to stay positive right now, thinking things could be a lot worse.

Dude !
Same shit had just happened to me. i had to leave my trip early cause i kept skating on it everyday but it just kept getting worse. I got back and went and saw a doctor and he told me i had tore cartilidge in my knee. i had the same twisting pain you do, he just told me to stay off it and keep it mellow and take glucosamine something, helps with joints. thats a bummer , i feel you.
;)

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11600 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:35 AM »
Im late on this god damn essay.. and Im on SLAP.. fuck, obviously you see where my head is at..

Simon Sandleshit

• Rep: -1
« Reply #11601 on: April 30, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
This girl starts flirting with me over the weekend, letting me know shes dtf as well and then we arrange to hang out and party together next weekend since she worked all this weekend. Then monday comes and she gets a boyfriend? And she told my friend that she still wanted to chill but just to "hang out", and he says she's cheated on her boyfriends before so I dont know if its worth going to.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11602 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »
This girl starts flirting with me over the weekend, letting me know shes dtf as well and then we arrange to hang out and party together next weekend since she worked all this weekend. Then monday comes and she gets a boyfriend? And she told my friend that she still wanted to chill but just to "hang out", and he says she's cheated on her boyfriends before so I dont know if its worth going to.
That whole situation sounds like trouble.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11603 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck that man. Unless you're the kind who enjoys excitement and getting caught.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #11604 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Fuck that man. Unless you're the kind who enjoys excitement and getting caught.
its a fuckin rush though
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #11605 on: May 01, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
fucking simple plan and we the kings at work tonight... talk about steaming pile of crap

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11606 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
fucking simple plan and we the kings at work tonight... talk about steaming pile of crap

Eeeh... thats rough haha

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #11607 on: May 02, 2012, 05:36:23 AM »
Just caught a student cheating in an exam by writing answers on his shoes

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #11608 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »
Could've been worse:

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #11609 on: May 02, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »
My car got broken into last night. Window smashed and my backpack with a bunch of stuff in it got stolen.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW