Author Topic: Looking for a really supportive shoe that doesn't kill all boardfeel  (Read 2185 times)

alonelikeastone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
Re: Looking for a really supportive shoe that doesn't kill all boardfeel
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2024, 09:44:17 AM »
Like someone else mentioned …. Crockett high.

Shtonk

• Rep: -349
I'm not sure if could find a shoe more on trend.....now you'll have to spend some time trying to unlock the paradox of pantery required to find just the right pair to go with the shoes.....
I chose to support my local over fashion, they only had the white colourway, nothing could be further from my preference. But it is freeing in a personal growth type of way to properly stop giving a fuck about how you look and concentrating purely on how you feel when skating. Or maybe it's regression to grom stage I can't really tell

Dmng

• Rep: 10
Expand Quote
I need support on my back foot ankle which needs ibuprofen after every session… I have Nyjah 2 which I like but no ankle support and ishod 1 (not very good comfort anyway)
For now I’ve seen Nike Leo baker, Louie Lopez cons, fastbreak.
I wonder if dunk , half cab, or any other should could be good without being too ugly ideally …
[close]

Have you considered to use a light ankle brace? I think shoes can only give so much support. Half Cabs don't protect your ankles that well in my experience.

Just answering that later but if it helps anyone, I ordered a few knitted ankle braces.
- decathlon running one is super good but very harsh on the skin
- zamst is useless
- thuasne seems really good
I did a few sessions without and it’s fine now that I got rid of the pain!

Sammich

• Rep: 2
Old Bones ankle sleeve with those gel pads on the sides and the 1010s have done wonders for my destroyed ankle. Few instances that I came out of with just a slight tinge that I know without those I would've been done for at least 3-4 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Sammich

• Rep: 2
Old Bones ankle sleeve with those gel pads on the sides and the 1010s have done wonders for my destroyed ankle. Few instances that I came out of with just a slight tinge that I know without those I would've been done for at least 3-4 weeks with a sprained ankle.

The Rowan 2s have been amazing as well 👌