Author Topic: Sherlock (BBC series)  (Read 1205 times)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
Sherlock (BBC series)
« on: January 08, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
Last year's series was brilliant and this years has been too. Just watched hounds of baskerville, was fantastic! There's a reason Spielberg described Cumberbatch as 'the greatest on screen sherlock.' Just wondering if anyone's been watching?
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
Re: Sherlock (BBC series)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
caught part of the first season on netflix.  thought it was really good; left me wanting more.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
The show's really good. Everything about it is great: acting, photography, stories. And, Benedict Cumberbatch -- what a name! Waiting for a download link to tonight's episode.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
yeah this programme rocks. Probably one of the best things on in th UK just now. Tonights episode was rad and sets up nicely for the final one next week. They need to do more than just 3 a season although it also stops it getting over done and bored. If you aint seen it find it on the bbc iplayer. Not sure if that will work outside the UK though.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
yeah this programme rocks. Probably one of the best things on in th UK just now. Tonights episode was rad and sets up nicely for the final one next week. They need to do more than just 3 a season although it also stops it getting over done and bored. If you aint seen it find it on the bbc iplayer. Not sure if that will work outside the UK though.

I suppose each episode is the length of a film though, like an hour and a half. I think i'd prefer 3 longer ones then them rushing the stories and the plots into a 45 minute episode, it's sherlock holmes, you don't want to rush a complicated story line into a short amount of running time. Yeah sadly it doesn't work outside the UK! I could see the show moving to the U.S though, like Dr Who did, again written by Steven Moffat.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
Good stuff, I just saw this on netflix last night and was wondering whether to give it a shot.

thats this evenings entertainment sorted!

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
My lighting teacher asked for shows and movies to look out for and I offered up Sherlock and she basically shrugged me off with, "Oh no, I watch it when my niece comes over." Laughed it off, because it's a great show.

Also it probably won't come to the US, or at least not with the same presence Doctor Who has garnered since there is going to be a US version of Sherlock. Anyway, excited for new Sherlock. Slowly downloading the second episode... Really slowly.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »
basically as soon as I saw Martin freeman on screen I knew I had made a grave mistake...I was not wrong.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
basically as soon as I saw Martin freeman on screen I knew I had made a grave mistake...I was not wrong.

Martin Freeman is brilliant, can't wait for him in The Hobbit.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 05:42:25 AM »
Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock of all times, imo.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086661/
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:47:06 AM »
Have to say this is prob my fave thing on tv at the moment.

The Chemistry between Sherlock and Watson is spot on, and so far the 2nd season is shaping up nicely. 

Love the fact that everyone thinks they're bummers :)

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
Just watched the last episode. Was brilliant, shocked and surprised me yet i expected it. So many potential ideas with the ending, I won't ruin it incase any of you haven't seen it haha.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:21:59 PM by thepman »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
Pretty damn good show , but  Hercule Poirot still owns it