Author Topic: From the looks of it, Mike York is oficially in Axion, link included.  (Read 8608 times)

eastcoastin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Here's a photo on Axion's Facebook, on a photoshoot with York in the pic, and someone below asks if he's officially part of the team and they respond with "He's definitely part of the family"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150647800326733&set=a.110581211732.96406.60915231732&type=1&ref=nf

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
Re: From the looks of it, Mike York is oficially in Axion, link included.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
Sick! Now when are we gonna see Axions at stores? I've only seen them on websites.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

eastcoastin

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »
Here's a link to their dealer locator on their site. http://axionbrand.com/dealer-locator/

It shows where you can pick up their product. I'm really psyched on Axion and the whole crew as a whole, the whole crew throws down, and is dope.

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:15:22 AM »
This is cool, Mike York is a tight skater and I haven't seen much of him lately. Hyped.

A.J.K.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:37:40 AM »
Sounds like bro flow, not officially on.

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 09:56:14 AM »
Seen Axion in couple shops, at first I thought it was funny the started releasing all the OG colors but they have a bunch of anew designs. I guess it's ran out of C1rca - or they brought them back, can anyone confirm this?

Simon Sandleshit

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »
I dont think its bro flow..Look at the comments.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
Seen Axion in couple shops, at first I thought it was funny the started releasing all the OG colors but they have a bunch of anew designs. I guess it's ran out of C1rca - or they brought them back, can anyone confirm this?
I can infact confirm that this is true.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:04:59 AM »
i like those manny santiago pro models. good for him.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »
YES!

Simon Sandleshit

• Rep: -1
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
Does anyone know when "the mijo" comes out?

Staun

• Rep: -5
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 12:22:42 PM »
this just in! mike york's style is weak and Axions are ugly as fuck. its a perfect fit!!

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »
Dear Action,

While I myself have nostalgic feelings for Maldanado, Kevin Taylor, and Mike York, Please stop wasting so much time and money on them. Having them involved is great but man, there have got to be some better guys that youre going to get more out of! Manny and Lenoce should be the real start of your squad, put your money and effort there!

Hell, if you want some older guys that are still worth it go grab someone like Danny Montoya!
I need a coffee

Staun

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
well put^^^^  Kyle Nicholson is so beast. stop getting washed up pro's and get people like him

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »
Dear Action,

While I myself have nostalgic feelings for Maldanado, Kevin Taylor, and Mike York, Please stop wasting so much time and money on them. Having them involved is great but man, there have got to be some better guys that youre going to get more out of! Manny and Lenoce should be the real start of your squad, put your money and effort there!

Hell, if you want some older guys that are still worth it go grab someone like Danny Montoya!

Spelled Axion wrong.. haha
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »
For sure just a bro flow thing. They didnt confirm he's on the team just said he's part of the family.
 Im hyped on Axion and what they got going. Its nice to see something different than another company making shoes that look like Vans.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
Axion need more new blood.
Mike York is tight, but I don't see the point for him being pro for Axion.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
well put^^^^  Kyle Nicholson is so beast. stop getting washed up pro's and get people like him
how old are you? i haven't heard anyone say this since my little cousin was 12 like 4 years ago.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »
York is sick. He had one of my favorite parts in Yeah Right. Still wish he was on Chocolate but at least dude skates every day unlike some other pros.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »
Mike York of Chocolate

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
Mike York is awesome, I hope he always makes money from Skateboarding.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »
I love it when companies support the 30+ skaters.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »
I wonder why they got rid of Austin Kanfoush. I know he's been of for a while, but I still don't understand why. Austin, Kyle, and Manny are the only ones producing a lot of footage.

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Guy and Gino should go back on, that's when they sold shoes

db643

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 02:10:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Dear Action,

[close]

Spelled Axion wrong.. haha

;D

Staun

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 07:36:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
how old are you? i haven't heard anyone say this since my little cousin was 12 like 4 years ago.

I'm 25. Do you even skate or just post on the message board all day? over 1000 posts???  If me calling Kyle Nicholson beast, which he is, means that I'm 12, then fuck yeah I get to redo life.  Good diss man! Mike York is wack

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »
I'd also like to clarify something about my last post in this.

Love love love York and Maldanado! And KT was one of the most surprisingly amazing skaters I've seen in person, dude was sick!

but, kids are not going to care and none of you fucks that think they're rad still are gonna buy axtions so......

I'm just saying build up the team with some guys that kids care about and then start bringing the older guys on trips when the money and team are solid.

that's all
I need a coffee

SLABGates

• Rep: -2
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »
Does anyone know when "the mijo" comes out?

If you mean the Manny's pro model he said probably August. I asked him the same question on twitter last week and thats what he said.

eastcoastin

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

Love love love York and Maldanado! And KT was one of the most surprisingly amazing skaters I've seen in person, dude was sick!

but, kids are not going to care and none of you fucks that think they're rad still are gonna buy axtions so......

I'm just saying build up the team with some guys that kids care about and then start bringing the older guys on trips when the money and team are solid.

that's all
Well, with Santiago and Kyle Nicholson, those are two young very good skaters. Nicholson isn't mainstream popular yet, but Santiago is pretty well known around the skate world. Nicholson is easily one of the top 5 best Ams out there at the moment. Twix and KT are still skating hard, and if you've watched Axion's tour footy you'd see that. They're going out on tour and skating as hard as the rest of the team, they're not milking anything. Mike is 36 years old and I believe KT is about 40 now, believe it or not.

So the fact they're skating as hard as they are, deserves some credit. I'm not saying they should get free passes, just saying they're out there busting their asses just like everyone else, and from what I hear Mike's axion part/commercial is coming out pretty soon.

You know it's not like they just got a spot on the team because they're old, Mike's mag minute came out the same time he got on Axion, and KT had a good bit of footage in his Axion commercial when they introduced him to the team. So it's not like it was like "oh, Maldonado and KT haven't had any footy out at all recently and they got a spot on a shoe company, they're milking it". So, I gotta say I think you're being a little hard on them, they're both out there still ripping.

eastcoastin

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »

that's all
Also, given the fact it's still a new company given it's only been resurfaced for 2 years, it's gonna take some more time for them to build a team up. They already lost two team member's with Javier Nunez and Kanfoush. Jeff Lenoce is on now as well. I'd give it another year and Axion should be popular again. And obviously they can't just say to some young popular am "Oh, guess what you're riding for Axion now too make us more popular, like it or not". So, like I said it's going to take time for them to build a lengthy roster.

I'm psyched on it either way. I'm also glad to see Mike get coverage like he has been lately. I've seen some of the stuff that's going into his next part, and just let me tell you, he's busting his ass. And there will be hammers dropped left and right. There's also an ad with Mike 3 flipping this 12 set, it was posted on here a little while back. So yea, no one is milking anything. Just 'cause Mike and KT aren't popular in the mainstream world, and they're older, doesn't mean they're not good skaters who don't deserve spots on companies.