Author Topic: JOHNNY LAYTON OFF TOY MACHINE... confirmed.  (Read 40273 times)

Robert Baratheon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
Re: JOHNNY LAYTON OFF TOY MACHINE... confirmed.
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2015, 07:15:59 PM »
I wouldn't want him managing my social media...

abudabi

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »
Expand Quote
i collect scrap metal and deliver chinese food in the bronx
[close]
Nah you're a fucking idiot.

Crybaby Shithead

• Rep: -44
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2015, 07:29:44 PM »
i'm the shit

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:02 PM »
I hope the dick pic leak was all a set up to show how he can pull off viral marketing. Maybe J-Lay is way more genius then we thought. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next to promote Vans.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2015, 05:24:53 AM »
Well that all seemed pretty odd, fully understand why he would take that job, I mean put your hand up if you think your current job would be as good as marketing and promo for vans.

All seemed kinda odd though, why not announce it? Go out like Heath not like Pops.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2015, 05:45:40 AM »
Well that all seemed pretty odd, fully understand why he would take that job, I mean put your hand up if you think your current job would be as good as marketing and promo for vans.

All seemed kinda odd though, why not announce it? Go out like Heath not like Pops.

Advertising shoes for part of mega-corporation Vanity Fair? Not sure if this beats my job at the abattoir.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

OopsPoops

• Rep: 8

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2015, 12:59:11 PM »
It's better than being a big wheel down at the cracker factory.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »
I wonder what Toy pays a month? I'm sure that Vans job pays atleast 40k a year. Minimum.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2015, 06:35:46 PM »
I wonder what Toy pays a month? I'm sure that Vans job pays atleast 40k a year. Minimum.
In Southern California that is nothing if you have a family.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2015, 07:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe his wife works too? Maybe he still got that green for retail

rideflannel

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2015, 07:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True but like Aatila suggested maybe he lives in a two income household. In addition if he was smart with his pro earnings he may not have a house or car note. So 40k+ (hypothetically) could be absolutely sufficient.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »
His job is in Events & Promotions in their marketing department. Doesn't anyone realize how awesome of a gig that is to get anywhere, let alone a corporation that sells skateboarding shoes???? He's probably getting paid to help put together and coordinate all of the premiers and release parties for the Vans video. Sounds like one of the most fun and ideal jobs to have in the corporate world....and you can bet he'll be skating on the clock all of the time, too!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2015, 09:40:32 PM »
His job is in Events & Promotions in their marketing department. Doesn't anyone realize how awesome of a gig that is to get anywhere, let alone a corporation that sells skateboarding shoes???? He's probably getting paid to help put together and coordinate all of the premiers and release parties for the Vans video. Sounds like one of the most fun and ideal jobs to have in the corporate world....and you can bet he'll be skating on the clock all of the time, too!

No kidding. Especially considering he didnt have to work through the ranks at vans from a desk. Sounds like he practically walked onto the job

andocom

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »

Thats what I'm talking about, rather work at an abattoir? fuck outta here. Plus I'd be thinking more like $100 then $40k unless it is a charity placement.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2015, 11:05:32 PM »
^^^Not really sure what you're getting at with that last bit, are you saying he was independently contracted to work some one-off events for Vans? I think the dude above you got it, although I could be totally wrong, but anyway if he got a salaried job over there then he must posses a nice skill set..other than skateboarding. But I'm sure they welcomed their loyal ex-pro with open arms.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

micky682

« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2015, 05:47:13 AM »
What officially was the reason he got kicked off Toy and Vans? Or did he quit?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2015, 06:17:41 AM »
I think J Lay had a great run as a pro.  Hopefully saved some money and now has a stable job with Vans.  I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my last 30 or so working years. 

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

True but like Aatila suggested maybe he lives in a two income household. In addition if he was smart with his pro earnings he may not have a house or car note. So 40k+ (hypothetically) could be absolutely sufficient.
Guys, I know there are idiots galore on here, but I certainly considered that he lived in a dual income household. Not sure where you guys live, but even if his lady is bringing in 40k, they are probably still living tight in California.
Unless he eats shitty food, doesn't take vacations, and doesn't plan of saving any money.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:19:36 AM by paraquat »

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2015, 09:04:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Guys, I know there are idiots galore on here, but I certainly considered that he lived in a dual income household. Not sure where you guys live, but even if his lady is bringing in 40k, they are probably still living tight in California.
Unless he eats shitty food, doesn't take vacations, and doesn't plan of saving any money.

I live In lb not to far away from dude and you can afford housing here. Long beach is still one of the last beach cities with affordable housing compared to everywhere else in so cal. I make a average salary with benefits 401k paid vacation etc and by myself I can take care of housing, bills occasional gear shopping etc. With planning and being smart you could live fine. He may not have a throwaway check to wild out with but I'm sure he's straight. Damn I feel like a chatty patty right now (dame dash ref)

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2015, 09:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I live In lb not to far away from dude and you can afford housing here. Long beach is still one of the last beach cities with affordable housing compared to everywhere else in so cal. I make a average salary with benefits 401k paid vacation etc and by myself I can take care of housing, bills occasional gear shopping etc. With planning and being smart you could live fine. He may not have a throwaway check to wild out with but I'm sure he's straight. Damn I feel like a chatty patty right now (dame dash ref)

Lets also not forget that he did have a signature clothing line, shoe, etc with Vans. He could potentially already own his home, and have money put away. Also I'm not sure why we give a shit about his finances but that Good & Evil will always stoke me out
p-shuvs and v-flips

McBrandt

• Rep: -14
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »
Promotions and Marketing?

Bill Hicks would be disappoint.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2015, 12:42:04 PM »

this is a great post

andocom

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »
^^^Not really sure what you're getting at with that last bit, are you saying he was independently contracted to work some one-off events for Vans? I think the dude above you got it, although I could be totally wrong, but anyway if he got a salaried job over there then he must posses a nice skill set..other than skateboarding. But I'm sure they welcomed their loyal ex-pro with open arms.

I'm saying a marketing & promo gig at Vans for an ex pro athlete would be more likely $100K then $40K, but thats just a guess.

I deal with marketing managers/account coordinators/assistants daily and I find it is the type of role that involves a soft skillset, and that seems to make for some fucking really incompetent people occupying those positions at times, whereas in positions with hard skillsets it seems a lot more obvious who isn't working out.

southsecond

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2015, 02:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is a great post

Agreed.

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2015, 05:44:44 AM »
IT pays a lot more than 40k and who cares. you guys should play this:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ed4/2010/01/01/192/1922507/f009c6e7e2811e04_dream-phone-post.jpg

go to hell