Author Topic: The Nice Club  (Read 34059 times)

Rune Spliffberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 107
Re: The Nice Club
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2022, 05:51:22 AM »
This is corny, Nine Club is corny, whatever NFT/Crypto bullshit they're about to push after using this episode to lube the idea is corny, and anyone who goes on the Nine Club after this is corny

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2022, 07:04:02 AM »
Drink every time this fucking goober says "authentic" or "empathy" and you'll be wrecked in 18 minutes.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2022, 07:31:45 AM »
In this case, I really CAN knock the hustle.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2022, 07:47:14 AM »
The episode was actually good, and generally Gary Vee annoys the shit out of me

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2022, 07:52:42 AM »
It was kind of amusing to see Steezus blank out on what BIPOC stands for. In fact kinda sad none of them actually knew.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 09:35:56 AM by KGB »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2022, 08:03:38 AM »
I literally have NO clue who that guy is ...

Same. Seems like there taking anyone. Like how many skateboarders want to listen to this guy? Whoever the fuck he is.

I rather them interview an AM or something I never heard of than some guy that has nothing to do with skating. Atleast give some AMs some shine instead of getting these old no body’s that has nothing to do with skating or murder sympathizers etc.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:56:25 AM by Murge »

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2022, 08:07:49 AM »
It was kind of amusing to Steezus blank out on what BIPOC stands for. In fact kinda sad none of them actually knew.

if its any consolation, BIPOC is mainly a phrase white people and activist types use, not really as prevalent among african-americans. Like, you are gonna hear it a lot more on NPR or college classes than in the actual communities where people live.

Its kinda like hating on a random Latino person for not understanding what "Latinx" refers to, as most latino people dont have a problem with the Latino/Latina phrases carrying a gendered association, as the entire language is filled with gender associations for certain words.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2022, 09:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
It was kind of amusing to Steezus blank out on what BIPOC stands for. In fact kinda sad none of them actually knew.
[close]

if its any consolation, BIPOC is mainly a phrase white people and activist types use, not really as prevalent among african-americans. Like, you are gonna hear it a lot more on NPR or college classes than in the actual communities where people live.

Its kinda like hating on a random Latino person for not understanding what "Latinx" refers to, as most latino people dont have a problem with the Latino/Latina phrases carrying a gendered association, as the entire language is filled with gender associations for certain words.

I mentioned Steezus because he’s so “Woke” but go ahead and assume it’s just about his color.

Pretty sure the rest of them except Jeron are white?

Also disagree with you about BIPOC people not using or knowing the term. That’s ridiculous.

OldSkater

« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2022, 11:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I mentioned Steezus because he’s so “Woke” but go ahead and assume it’s just about his color.

Also disagree with you about BIPOC people not using or knowing the term. That’s ridiculous.

ok mr "internet psychopath" lol

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2022, 11:56:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ok mr "internet psychopath" lol

I apologize in advance. and after the fact.
(By the way someone on here described me as such, not my idea)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2022, 02:36:42 PM »

omg they did a trash interview no way

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2022, 08:49:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i asked my office manager/reception person about this and she looked at me like an asshole and told me "just say Spanish"  i asked one of the paralegals the same question and she goes "what the fuck are you talking about? just be normal".  so that was the end of my interest in using latinix.

as you can tell i'm very well respected by my team.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

blakeyjoe_

• Rep: -3
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2022, 09:39:40 AM »
They got caught up in their own jokes way too much and the guests are clearly uncomfortable.. during the Brianna Geering episode they took over the conversation so much it was honestly just rude. It’s been bad for a while but it’s quickly devolving interesting a constant circle jerk.
this is actually the most cancer set up ever 😭

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »
I’d way rather listen to the bunt interviewing some distflow nobody, or even vent city educate me on gender than listen to the last couple nineclubs…..

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2022, 03:18:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i asked my office manager/reception person about this and she looked at me like an asshole and told me "just say Spanish"  i asked one of the paralegals the same question and she goes "what the fuck are you talking about? just be normal".  so that was the end of my interest in using latinix.

I do wonder about the origin of terms like latinx. If it was created by a Hispanic/Spanish person and someone prefers to be called that, great. I’ll do that. However, if it was created by some fuckin white person trying to be “woke”, then I’m more hesitant. The other day my coworker wrote “folx” instead of “folks” and that just seems over the top and useless.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
I suggest Dude Perfect as guests for next 9Club
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2022, 02:32:03 PM »
I meant to post this in a 9 Club threat but i wasn’t able to find one.
I think they fit 9 Clubs new direction. They do tricks, YouTube and they bring clout.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
Re: I suggest Dude Perfect as guests for next 9Club
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2022, 02:53:21 PM »
Ron Allen is coming up. Not sure how much Chris knows about him other than "that old guy who turns up at Tampa".

Monopolyman

« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2022, 02:54:59 PM »
Heres the thread youre looking for:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=119758

It would have to slot in after the Taylor Silverman episode this week.  Then the Mark Oblow Stop & Chat.  Plus they’re doing a career retrospective on Gator with a Zoom interview to boot.  Theyre pretty booked out.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2022, 03:34:06 PM »
I'm in the 9club Discord right now (available only through the Blonde Cannabis patreon subscription) and it looks like the boyz are currently filming a Casper mattress wear test. So far so good—it's bouncy, and the check cleared.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2022, 03:41:03 PM »
Ron Allen is coming up. Not sure how much Chris knows about him other than "that old guy who turns up at Tampa".

I hope Ron Allen talks about how much he supports that girl who spoke out against trans women in contests. The next nine club shit show coming up. Fuck him and fuck the nine club

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2022, 06:20:20 PM »
I think they fit 9 Clubs new direction. They do tricks, YouTube and they bring clout.

How?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 839
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2022, 01:16:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd argue they respect you enough to tell you to go fuck yourself. As do I!

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2022, 01:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How?

Because there is not a dedicated one like there is for the bunt. Just meme ones like the nice club. That is why one more doesn’t matter.

I don’t mind if mods rename mine in “the official 9Club thread”. 

Better share some more guest ideas.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1178
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2022, 01:57:44 AM »
Who?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2022, 06:50:47 AM »
It kinda sucks how Asian people get stuck with POC…..I mean POC?  We got more people than anyone…..

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2022, 07:19:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I do wonder about the origin of terms like latinx. If it was created by a Hispanic/Spanish person and someone prefers to be called that, great. I’ll do that. However, if it was created by some fuckin white person trying to be “woke”, then I’m more hesitant. The other day my coworker wrote “folx” instead of “folks” and that just seems over the top and useless.

I have to think “Latinx” was invented by us whites. The sounds themselves don’t really make sense for a native Spanish speaker. Latine or Latiné is the alternative that makes the most sense.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2022, 07:51:32 AM »
You mean like Curt “Mr. Perfect” Hennig?
If not, we don’t know who the fuck you’re talking about.

OldSkater

« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2022, 08:28:28 AM »
The latest nine club experience, they spend the first 15 minutes patting themselves on the back for the Gary Vee interview, and saying anyone that didn't like it is just a troll who never watches the nine club anyway

I really did like the show when it first started, but hoo boy this stuff just has me thinking maybe I should find something else to occupy my time when I am packing up t shirts and stickers.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1969
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2022, 09:07:06 AM »
The latest nine club experience, they spend the first 15 minutes patting themselves on the back for the Gary Vee interview, and saying anyone that didn't like it is just a troll who never watches the nine club anyway

I really did like the show when it first started, but hoo boy this stuff just has me thinking maybe I should find something else to occupy my time when I am packing up t shirts and stickers.

It was also weird how they sorta tried throwing Tony Hawk under the bus? They're like "HE HAS CELEBRITIES ON HIS SHOW" as if that's the point.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2022, 09:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It was also weird how they sorta tried throwing Tony Hawk under the bus? They're like "HE HAS CELEBRITIES ON HIS SHOW" as if that's the point.

It's almost like none of them are very bright.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud