Author Topic: Bobshirt: The Frank Gerwer Interview  (Read 7471 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bobshirt: The Frank Gerwer Interview
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 04:37:13 PM »
Met him in Albuquerque at alamosa park. Asked if I could buy spits off him and he agreed for ten dollars. Went to the ah van to get em and Trujillo n stranger were wasted and pissed that I wanted to buy wheels. "We're here to skate not sell wheels". Whatever it was still a memory. And TNT had 53s and gerwer didn't so he sold me those with a Budweiser tallcan in hand.
i havent met anyone having had a great initial impression of tnt, i saw him in passing but no one seems to think hes that great if of a human.

ManMelt

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »
Frank is a natural story teller, and comes across genuine and not forced. Pretty much the opposite of Jimmy Carlin. Plus, that switch hill bomb.

zippy z

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 08:38:11 PM »
Jake has a stumpy hard on for TNT so...he must be wicked awesome.

Expand Quote
Met him in Albuquerque at alamosa park. Asked if I could buy spits off him and he agreed for ten dollars. Went to the ah van to get em and Trujillo n stranger were wasted and pissed that I wanted to buy wheels. "We're here to skate not sell wheels". Whatever it was still a memory. And TNT had 53s and gerwer didn't so he sold me those with a Budweiser tallcan in hand.
[close]
i havent met anyone having had a great initial impression of tnt, i saw him in passing but no one seems to think hes that great if of a human.

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 09:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So true.  When I ran across him in Houston years ago he was a knob.