Author Topic: The Bolts Thread  (Read 19659 times)

logjammin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 336
Re: The Bolts Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 30, 2024, 08:47:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Just set up those Ace hollow bolts for the first time, hope mine don't snap too lol.
[close]

i have been riding them since they came out, have 4 different sets ups going with them, no issues.

Nice. Yeah been bashing slappies no issues yet. I like the way they look, always been a phillips enjoyer but the larger heads with the allen hole is a nice change. Can't see the hollow aspect unless you look real close but still a trip, has hollow skate hardware ever existed til now? They might be the first there.

kitcatski

• Rep: 6
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2024, 06:31:35 AM »
+1 to bender bolts. Been skating these on my current setup and there are zero signs of them turning silver. Head size is very similar to shorty's lights, but are much easier to make flush against the griptape. They also sent like 20 stickers for my one order of bolts

Dmng

• Rep: 10
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2024, 11:32:40 PM »
Do you know similar bolts to bender that can be found in Europe ? The won’t ship sadly.

The always black + small head and easier to make flush sound like perfection

corey websturd

« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2024, 03:48:19 AM »
Philips
better grip
one colored on the front

mamba

• Rep: 148
  • Sucka free
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2024, 10:47:22 AM »
Anyone know of hardware that has the microgripper thing, but is phillips? I had a set a while ago and really enjoyed that feature when setting up new boards. Bolts would always be flush.

Right now on Indy 1" phillips and I really like the crosshatch on the head of the bolt. Any other brands that do something similar?

Basingstoke

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2024, 10:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just set up those Ace hollow bolts for the first time, hope mine don't snap too lol.
[close]

i have been riding them since they came out, have 4 different sets ups going with them, no issues.
[close]

Nice. Yeah been bashing slappies no issues yet. I like the way they look, always been a phillips enjoyer but the larger heads with the allen hole is a nice change. Can't see the hollow aspect unless you look real close but still a trip, has hollow skate hardware ever existed til now? They might be the first there.

Mine have not snapped, but when setting up a new deck I noticed that with several bolts the threads sheared off making them unusable.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • sup dog
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2024, 08:24:13 PM »
Set up new deck, so new bolts and it’s the longneck from Girl.

They work. They’re bolts. The nylon lock is really strong. Let’s see if the black scrapes off as quick as Thunder hardware.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

JimmyFive

• Rep: 56
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2024, 12:07:52 AM »
Anyone know of hardware that has the microgripper thing, but is phillips? I had a set a while ago and really enjoyed that feature when setting up new boards. Bolts would always be flush.

Right now on Indy 1" phillips and I really like the crosshatch on the head of the bolt. Any other brands that do something similar?

Yeah I like it too. Was even better when they produced "Crossbolts" - The heads would wear away to show the dreaded Iron Cross. I stocked up on a few sets haha

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2024, 01:21:11 AM »
Do people use new bolts when setting up a new deck?
My Magenta bolts are on their second year now.
IG: @flowterspace

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2024, 02:00:02 AM »

Nah, the bolts go with the trucks. They last for ages.

BTW Bronze bolts for lyphe. Solid as. And gotta have that bronze indicator bolt.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2024, 06:38:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, the bolts go with the trucks. They last for ages.

BTW Bronze bolts for lyphe. Solid as. And gotta have that bronze indicator bolt.

I might have way too many new sets ready to go, but more often than not I use the same bolts, just use new nuts if the old nuts are getting a bit worn in the nyloc, eg if you can put the nuts on all the way with your fingers (no tools) it is time to swap in new nuts, so from that I don't need new bolts much at all.

Fresh grip with new bolts looks nice though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2024, 06:44:12 PM »
Allen/hex key and Philips are such garbage screw heads.

Someone should make a Robertson bolt company and name it Sideshow Roberts or something more clever and less stupid.

Curbfiend

• Rep: 4
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2024, 03:49:25 PM »
Allen/hex key and Philips are such garbage screw heads.

Someone should make a Robertson bolt company and name it Sideshow Roberts or something more clever and less stupid.

I believe skull skates sells Robertson hardware.

http://www.skullskates.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_73/products_id/1575/osCsid/bf82ea814d68a1e09b965d9831b2379a

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2024, 08:17:08 AM »
Regripped my board, grip over bolts, running ace hollow bolts with fresh nuts and I have never been more confident my hardware is not coming loose for eternity lol.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2024, 11:41:28 AM »
Regripped my board, grip over bolts, running ace hollow bolts with fresh nuts and I have never been more confident my hardware is not coming loose for eternity lol.

Respect.

Grip over bolts is always insane to me, but if you're going to do it, might as well fully commit.

I heard HKD or FKD or someone else used to do gripper bolts, too.

If I ever find a set of 7/8 Randoms I would totally buy em for the curiosity. Never had em back then.

My current go to is the Girl Longneck 7/8 Allen, and I put low profile nuts on after the first setup.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2024, 03:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Respect.

Grip over bolts is always insane to me, but if you're going to do it, might as well fully commit.

I heard HKD or FKD or someone else used to do gripper bolts, too.

If I ever find a set of 7/8 Randoms I would totally buy em for the curiosity. Never had em back then.

My current go to is the Girl Longneck 7/8 Allen, and I put low profile nuts on after the first setup.

Too bad shipping costs too much, cause I have a box of Randoms that it seems no one wants, lots of different types, sizes / top heads too, but the grip ones with the little knobs I think are more just for the look than anything else.

Also the 7/8" bolts always were a pain to get into the board far enough to start to get your bolts on, at least for those dudes that had them at the skateparks setting up their boards without a hammer anyway.  The longer ones, you could just put through, start to do them up and they would pull right in easily enough.

Fun looking at them now though, as I used to have them on all my boards back in the day, but just run plain simple bolts like Shortys or similar without any issues.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.