Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 721044 times)

Dad Board

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 88
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5940 on: April 01, 2024, 10:38:11 AM »
This was an initial review I made for deluxe this summer when I received the sample.
Not comfortable talking into the camera but just my 2 cents on the formula.
https://youtu.be/XI7tsRNe-7c?si=107KWLQCzn1rZf_7

Just keeping it real with you, I’d watch if you did more reviews like that. You may not be comfortable talking on camera but you’re very relatable and articulate. Just something to consider. YouTube needs more genuine people and less of that zany shit. 

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #5941 on: April 01, 2024, 11:06:36 AM »
Pals, I’ve been helping test this wheel for a few months.
We have them on the site today. The bigger radials only have a few. Classic Reynolds 54 and radial 54 we have more.
https://www.35thave.com/module/search_content.htm?form_version=2&showSearchResults=1&search_keyword=Soft+slider&image.x=0&image.y=0

As a heads up, looks like you’ve got them listed under Burton as the brand. Don’t want anything to get thrown off with your inventory/spreadsheets.

Meathook

• Rep: 78
« Reply #5942 on: April 01, 2024, 11:50:33 AM »
We have them on the site today. The bigger radials only have a few. Classic Reynolds 54 and radial 54 we have more.
https://www.35thave.com/module/search_content.htm?form_version=2&showSearchResults=1&search_keyword=Soft+slider&image.x=0&image.y=0

Thanks for posting the shop’s link and much respect for the review.  Our experiences with the 97a FF sound similar and you’re getting me excited saying the slide is better.  Picked up a set from your store and I’m really stoked to try!

bombsaway86

• Rep: 164
« Reply #5943 on: April 01, 2024, 01:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote
This was an initial review I made for deluxe this summer when I received the sample.
Not comfortable talking into the camera but just my 2 cents on the formula.
https://youtu.be/XI7tsRNe-7c?si=107KWLQCzn1rZf_7
[close]

Just keeping it real with you, I’d watch if you did more reviews like that. You may not be comfortable talking on camera but you’re very relatable and articulate. Just something to consider. YouTube needs more genuine people and less of that zany shit.

I second this. YouTube is full of morons who don’t know what they’re talking about

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5944 on: April 01, 2024, 02:20:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As a heads up, looks like you’ve got them listed under Burton as the brand. Don’t want anything to get thrown off with your inventory/spreadsheets.
Thanks! Fixed that. We don’t use the manufacturer aspect as much as we should, appreciate the feedback.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5945 on: April 01, 2024, 02:23:30 PM »

you sound like such a snob... sorry not everyone is a gear nerd and knows about every single product on the market

btw you gave someone incorrect measurements for the limo 8.25 on this post:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120185.msg4178697#msg4178697

Yeah, that is quite ok - everyone has opinions and I have no problem with that, but if you are going to post something to a youtube channel and you want to actually sound like you have a clue, a little bit of prior knowledge goes a long way.

For any other normal person, of course no one (myself included) knows everything and yes I get some things wrong and that is also ok, because I am not trying to make a living from posting youtube videos, or have associated business interests invested in skateboarding.

Can I be a bit of a snob with regard to skateboard product, for myself, maybe, but when dealing with the general public especially with regard to their own interests and preferences - absolutely not, so it is usually down to what they like and want, not what I would say to them to get, which I have to say, I have heard all too often from people saying the shop guy was trying to sell them something they didn't really want. 

As an example, not everyone rides Spitfire wheels, Indy trucks and Antihero boards in Vans shoes and Dickies pants - help us all if we did on that one - but I guess there will always be those people who push their own preference of brands on others, which is a little bit sad, to say the least.

* Also those measurements came straight from the Limo site, so maybe take it up with them?

https://limosineskateboards.com/

Thanks for the message.

:)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 02:34:52 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5946 on: April 01, 2024, 03:36:10 PM »
Do I need new wheels, no. Do I need new wheels when they are marketed by Reynolds, yes. Dammit I’m a sucker they got me :)

apbarbs

• Rep: 50
« Reply #5947 on: April 01, 2024, 06:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote

you sound like such a snob... sorry not everyone is a gear nerd and knows about every single product on the market

btw you gave someone incorrect measurements for the limo 8.25 on this post:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120185.msg4178697#msg4178697
[close]

Yeah, that is quite ok - everyone has opinions and I have no problem with that, but if you are going to post something to a youtube channel and you want to actually sound like you have a clue, a little bit of prior knowledge goes a long way.

For any other normal person, of course no one (myself included) knows everything and yes I get some things wrong and that is also ok, because I am not trying to make a living from posting youtube videos, or have associated business interests invested in skateboarding.

Can I be a bit of a snob with regard to skateboard product, for myself, maybe, but when dealing with the general public especially with regard to their own interests and preferences - absolutely not, so it is usually down to what they like and want, not what I would say to them to get, which I have to say, I have heard all too often from people saying the shop guy was trying to sell them something they didn't really want. 

As an example, not everyone rides Spitfire wheels, Indy trucks and Antihero boards in Vans shoes and Dickies pants - help us all if we did on that one - but I guess there will always be those people who push their own preference of brands on others, which is a little bit sad, to say the least.

* Also those measurements came straight from the Limo site, so maybe take it up with them?

https://limosineskateboards.com/

Thanks for the message.

:)

check the website again, the 8.25 is 8.25" x 31.82", 14.13" Wheelbase

not '8.25" x 32.25" with a 14.4" WB' as you incorrectly stated

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #5948 on: April 01, 2024, 06:28:28 PM »
Who is this kook calling Brimmo a snob?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5949 on: April 01, 2024, 08:03:19 PM »

check the website again, the 8.25 is 8.25" x 31.82", 14.13" Wheelbase

not '8.25" x 32.25" with a 14.4" WB' as you incorrectly stated

OK, I don't know where that first one came from then, unless I took another board measurements from a copy and paste, but any which way, I was wrong.  I have corrected the post and personally thanked you for the help here.  After all, we are all here to help each other.

I am also feeling guilty for breaking my rule of only ever posting positive things on here, so Adriano, I am sorry for saying you sound like an idiot.

Who is this kook calling Brimmo a snob?

It's quite ok.

Sometimes I need to be told to pull my head in, like anyone, from time to time.  It is a good moment to reflect and take a breath as I think I have been a bit manic lately, so all good and don't kook him.  Kook me if anything, cause I doubled down on dumbassery.

End of story.

* This might sound like a whinge or whatever, but it is not.  It is actually a sincere post, because at almost 50 years old, I don't have time for games or silliness and I am all about the skateboarding, not politics or playing whatever games some people play, so hopefully this is done now.

Back to Spitfire wheels.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 08:11:04 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5950 on: April 01, 2024, 08:05:53 PM »
Fair enough, mate.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5951 on: April 01, 2024, 09:43:57 PM »
Battle of the 93s!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5952 on: April 02, 2024, 02:34:22 AM »
I don’t think I’ve ever heard Dave’s voice before.

Good take on the wheels, looking forward to when these are available down here in like 6 months.

Might make my excuses for not skating seem less true.

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5953 on: April 02, 2024, 06:48:32 AM »
So I think one major complaint of the dragons has been that they grab a bit when grinding Metal, like coping or a flatbar ….i’m curious as to if the 93 spitfires are any better, would love to hear anyone’s thoughts

Zane

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5954 on: April 02, 2024, 07:01:50 AM »
So I think one major complaint of the dragons has been that they grab a bit when grinding Metal, like coping or a flatbar ….i’m curious as to if the 93 spitfires are any better, would love to hear anyone’s thoughts
A post from a few pages back:
Just skated my sample 93a 56mm radials. They're nice I like em. Functionally they're very similar to dragons but feel a lil more like the f4 spitfire kinda formula which is nice. Still bouncy like a softer wheel though.

Maybe a tad harder than dragons too, not sure didn't do a side by side. Pretty certain they grip/drag on rails and ledges a lil less than dragons too which is great. But definitely still noticeably more than a 99a f4. Probably a tad more than a 97a f4 I think.

Skated rough ground and they felt really fast and held speed great. Not sure if they will feel gummy or slow on smooth ish ground, can report back, but my instincts say they will feel fine.

So great wheel, powerslides great, feels great. But unsurprisingly not a replacement for 99a f4 if you need certain hard wheel characteristics

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5955 on: April 02, 2024, 07:02:27 AM »
In my experience the spitfires did grab on some metal surfaces, the conical full samples I had were bad about it but the radial ones much less. Probably a characteristic of the durometer vs a formula. I will say the square shape of the conical full is bad at sticking on metal at times vs radial/classic.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5956 on: April 02, 2024, 07:41:18 AM »
oops, I Should have watched the Dadboard and 144p reviews before I ordered a set of each (Dragons and F4 93s and saved $40). Seriously though, that was what I hoped for. I'll be using the Dragons on my hillbomber to try and get some record breaking four wheel drifters and use the F4s on my regular board.

I do  have to say as far as 'softer' wheel that slide go, the X97s I was given did assist me with some of the best blunt slides I have done in awhile and they slide just fine on nose/ tail slide with Thunders. Hoping the F4 93s are on par with those.

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5957 on: April 02, 2024, 07:54:21 AM »
Does anyone know when the F4 93a will be available outside the US?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 349
« Reply #5958 on: April 02, 2024, 07:55:28 AM »
damn I just got some Dragons like 3 weeks a go for the cruiser. I also swapped my older trucks from my regular onto my cruiser so ill skate it a bit more than just ride on it.

After trying SO many of the f4's 99a, 101a and 97a - classic, classic full, classic slum, radial, radial slim, conical and conical fulls, i've concluded the 99's are the best for me for street skating - any other 99classic lovers digging the 93s?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #5959 on: April 02, 2024, 09:21:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A post from a few pages back:
Expand Quote
Just skated my sample 93a 56mm radials. They're nice I like em. Functionally they're very similar to dragons but feel a lil more like the f4 spitfire kinda formula which is nice. Still bouncy like a softer wheel though.

Maybe a tad harder than dragons too, not sure didn't do a side by side. Pretty certain they grip/drag on rails and ledges a lil less than dragons too which is great. But definitely still noticeably more than a 99a f4. Probably a tad more than a 97a f4 I think.

Skated rough ground and they felt really fast and held speed great. Not sure if they will feel gummy or slow on smooth ish ground, can report back, but my instincts say they will feel fine.

So great wheel, powerslides great, feels great. But unsurprisingly not a replacement for 99a f4 if you need certain hard wheel characteristics
[close]

Yeah wanna say that if the obstacle is decently waxed then there will be no problems.

Its more when its already a little on the dry side but 99s would still work fine and you could push through, thats when you really notice the 93s dragging. In my case I was skating this metal round pipe (really chubby flatbar) that even everyone skating normal wheels thought was sticky.

Thats when the soft wheels made it a lot harder. My friends who could go faster, push through and lock in on hard wheels found it much harder to do the same thing on my board with the 93s.

The sidewall would grip when crosslocking and board would flip, extra prone happening on a chubby pipe instead of a skinnier rail, so it was a good test. One application of wax would have fixed it but you don't always have that option.

Though I'm pretty sure they did a lil less draggin than the dragons... lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 01:07:12 PM by tzhangdox »

pops

• Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5960 on: April 02, 2024, 10:51:46 AM »
Fun thing but had a session at indoor park skating dragons. Floor is slick and pretty much perfect smooth surface. No slowing down there and I've been skating 97 and 99 Spits there for years. Little drag on metal edges but I was doing my usual tricks fine on curbs and tranny. Super curious how these new soft sliders will skate.

cheekclapper

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5961 on: April 02, 2024, 02:01:18 PM »
I just want to hear the comparison between the 97du and 93a. I have been riding 97du 56mm conical fulls and they feel great for asphalt and powerslides but feel a bit slow in bowls sometimes. I was wondering how 93a's feel in bowls and whether the powerslide still has a good speedcheck.
I’m just trying to offer a differnt perspective I mean do we really need another 8.25-8.75 hipster shitty brand with shit half assed graphics
yes, yes we do

hiljentaa

• Rep: 318
« Reply #5962 on: April 02, 2024, 07:18:43 PM »
Set up 93a 58mm Radials and took the bus upvalley to an asphalt pumptrack that I've been meaning to check out.

It's at a bike park so bunch of rocks, but still super fun. Skated it for probably 30 minutes and then moved over to some wooden features on a concrete slab.

Bunch of skinny features built out of wooden slats. The softer wheels definitely helped roll thru the gaps.

Skated a ton yesterday so didn't do a ton of Ollie tricks, but did some shove its and kickflips out of curiosity. Didn't do any actual power slides, but reverted around and they felt like a skateboard wheel not like a cruiser at all.

The goal was to skate home from there. Should have brought more water, but I did it. Ended up over 20 miles, mostly on a smooth rail-trail. There is a seasonal closure though, and had to skate ~4 miles on the road. Roads here are gnarly as fuck from spiked tires and tire-chains.

Softer wheels are surely better for long pushes like this but these fit what I'm after.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #5963 on: April 02, 2024, 07:42:58 PM »
oops, I Should have watched the Dadboard and 144p reviews before I ordered a set of each (Dragons and F4 93s and saved $40). Seriously though, that was what I hoped for. I'll be using the Dragons on my hillbomber to try and get some record breaking four wheel drifters and use the F4s on my regular board.

I do  have to say as far as 'softer' wheel that slide go, the X97s I was given did assist me with some of the best blunt slides I have done in awhile and they slide just fine on nose/ tail slide with Thunders. Hoping the F4 93s are on par with those.
Right on… please let us know your thoughts on x97 vs f493’s. Especially since your blunt sliding.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #5964 on: April 02, 2024, 07:45:48 PM »
Set up 93a 58mm Radials and took the bus upvalley to an asphalt pumptrack that I've been meaning to check out.

It's at a bike park so bunch of rocks, but still super fun. Skated it for probably 30 minutes and then moved over to some wooden features on a concrete slab.

Bunch of skinny features built out of wooden slats. The softer wheels definitely helped roll thru the gaps.

Skated a ton yesterday so didn't do a ton of Ollie tricks, but did some shove its and kickflips out of curiosity. Didn't do any actual power slides, but reverted around and they felt like a skateboard wheel not like a cruiser at all.

The goal was to skate home from there. Should have brought more water, but I did it. Ended up over 20 miles, mostly on a smooth rail-trail. There is a seasonal closure though, and had to skate ~4 miles on the road. Roads here are gnarly as fuck from spiked tires and tire-chains.

Softer wheels are surely better for long pushes like this but these fit what I'm after.
That skate must have been amazing. I’m jelly.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

epsi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5965 on: April 02, 2024, 08:13:18 PM »
would like to know how the Spitfire 93a compare to the Speedlab 97a. if anyone has ridden those, lmk... but thanks for posting the reviews/comparisons videos, guys. i rode some Dialtone 92a wheels recently but did not like them as much as their 99as.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 10:00:36 PM by epsi »

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5966 on: April 02, 2024, 09:08:38 PM »

Love it. I've been dabbling in long-distance skates, pump-tracking and hill sliding recently.  I appreciate what you are doing.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5967 on: April 02, 2024, 09:08:56 PM »

Dowdy did it for us.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 318
« Reply #5968 on: April 03, 2024, 07:29:12 AM »
Love it. I've been dabbling in long-distance skates, pump-tracking and hill sliding recently.  I appreciate what you are doing.

Thanks man, I'm just hyped to ride my board more. Trying to get more comfortable at speed.

Would like to play around with more hill bombing, but feel like I need a helmet for that.

I skated a little over half this route on 59mm 99a Radial Fulls before. Those Radial Fulls work well for pushing on a hard wheel, but these 93s are definitely more comfortable. Also less bulky so flip tricks aren't as much effort.

One big thing I noticed was the metal ADA bumps on crosswalks at road crossings don't throw you around at all on the 93s compared to the 99s.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5969 on: April 03, 2024, 07:40:10 AM »
https://skateparkoftampa.com/spitfire-formula-four-93d-radial-wheels-natural-blue-96381-10444

Paid for em, picking em up Friday!

Now kinda madnessing whether I should have got the 58s instead of the 56s! But I think 56's sitting on Indy Standard 55mm high something about that just seems perfect to me and i used to run only that setup for a really really long time. So I tihnk I made the right choice. I feel like that would be a bit too wheel bitey at 58.